Ohio Man Makes Dumb Decision And Loses His Life

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Just a few minutes after the clock struck midnight, James "Roe" Williams was fatally shot by police on New Year's Day. The Canton Police Department has now released body camera footage that shows the moments leading up to the fatal incident -- Williams, 46, was firing celebratory shots into the air from his rifle just outside his home in Canton, Ohio, on Jan. 1 when police arrived, his wife, Marquetta Williams, told ABC News.

Canton Police said they were called to investigate a shots-fired incident. In body camera footage, an officer can be heard saying, "I saw the male's head through the fence. After I heard the shots, I got in my cruiser, went up to the porch and I saw him putting the rifle away." Then, several shots are fired and the officer appears to walk toward the sound. The officer approaches the fence of Williams' home. That's when the officer shoots toward the fence and fatally strikes Williams, who was on the other side."

Now, anyone who does something as stupid as shoot a gun up in the air just because its New Years is asking to be killed by the police -- Because the police had reason to fear for their safety; so shooting thru the fence would be justified...In fact, if it was the guy's neighbor who heard these shots; that neighbor would be just as justified to return fire and eliminate the threat if they indeed feared for their safety.

Apparently, it is supposed to be some type of tradition to celebrate the New Year by shooting guns in the air; Really? For who?? Virtually no one has ever heard of any decent person celebrating New Years by firing a gun in the air...who does that sort of thing?? I mean, I admit, I had a couple of neighbors shoot off their rifles on NYE; but we didn't feel in danger -- and plus the homes in our neighborhood sit on more land and are more spread out -- so it makes it different....

The Tremendous City of Canton is run by liberals and has a liberal government, and they just don't cotton to violations of gun control.

As the libs say, "People don't kill people, guns do".

"Just a few minutes after the clock struck midnight, James "Roe" Williams was fatally shot by police on New Year's Day. The Canton Police Department has now released body camera footage that shows the moments leading up to the fatal incident -- Williams, 46, was firing celebratory shots into the air from his rifle just outside his home in Canton, Ohio, on Jan. 1 when police arrived, his wife, Marquetta Williams, told ABC News.

Canton Police said they were called to investigate a shots-fired incident. In body camera footage, an officer can be heard saying, "I saw the male's head through the fence. After I heard the shots, I got in my cruiser, went up to the porch and I saw him putting the rifle away." Then, several shots are fired and the officer appears to walk toward the sound. The officer approaches the fence of Williams' home. That's when the officer shoots toward the fence and fatally strikes Williams, who was on the other side."

Now, anyone who does something as stupid as shoot a gun up in the air just because its New Years is asking to be killed by the police -- Because the police had reason to fear for their safety; so shooting thru the fence would be justified...In fact, if it was the guy's neighbor who heard these shots; that neighbor would be just as justified to return fire and eliminate the threat if they indeed feared for their safety.

Apparently, it is supposed to be some type of tradition to celebrate the New Year by shooting guns in the air; Really? For who?? Virtually no one has ever heard of any decent person celebrating New Years by firing a gun in the air...who does that sort of thing?? I mean, I admit, I had a couple of neighbors shoot off their rifles on NYE; but we didn't feel in danger -- and plus the homes in our neighborhood sit on more land and are more spread out -- so it makes it different....
So because a stupid person fires a gun up into the air, that gives the police authority to execute the person without due process? I see a lawsuit coming...

So because a stupid person fires a gun up into the air, that gives the police authority to execute the person without due process? I see a lawsuit coming...

The police apparently didn't know what thee gentleman was shooting at..

Further, discharging a weapon in a liberal jurisdiction like the City of Canton is a very serious offense.

Actually, this is exactly the type of gun control Progressives favor: the Government "good guys" can shoot (eventually unarmed) citizens.

Isn't this the future you hope for?

Williams, 46, was firing celebratory shots into the air from his rifle just outside his home in Canton, Ohio, on Jan. 1 when police arrived, his wife, Marquetta Williams, told ABC News.
There's a motherfucking idiot who has no idea how completely reckless that is. I would not be surprised if he killed somebody.

The police apparently didn't know what thee gentleman was shooting at..

Further, discharging a weapon in a liberal jurisdiction like the City of Canton is a very serious offense.
Shooting a weapon into the air ANYWHERE is one of the most reckless things a person can do with a firearm, much less doing so in a heavily populated area like Canton, Ohio.

I actually found a 22LR bullet in my yard not long ago. I was picking up leaf debris and noticed something odd about one of the pieces of debris. Turns out it was a bullet, in perfect form, so it wasn't shot in this yard by the previous owner. It was shot into the air and just fell under gravity. When you shoot those bullets they do come down somewhere!

Forum List

Back