Oh Yes he's for the "Middle Class alright"

What is your problem with Obama NOT RIPPING OFF THE TAXPAYERS? His campaign is paying its own way. It is not taking CAMPAIGN FEDERAL WELFARE, as McCain's is.

I thought YOU PEOPLE were into people paying their own way, not asking for handouts.

Isn't this attitude a little on the hypocritical side? YOU PEOPLE WANT Obama to take handouts at taxpayer expense?

Contessa, again the point of the thread is that OBAMA advocates public financing and that he is going to accept it for months and months all while posing as the man of "hope and change" then seeing the big cash cow decided that well maybe the little guy can wait. You don't see a little hypocrisy there?

Hollywood Gives Obama Both Cash and Credibility - washingtonpost.com

Nice little article there in the Washington Post jschuck, hardly a bastion of Republican love there.

perhaps you didn't get the memo...Hollywood almost ALWAYS goes Democratic in the Presidental elections...

really, what is your problem? that all the stars that might've endorsed McCain are dead?

were you offended when John Rich sang at McCain's rally?

Navy you look like a total and complete moron...

Obama doesn't have PAC's and 527's on his side?

wow

What a crappy commuity organizer. Are you sure he's ready for the Big-Time?

No, he doesnt and if you have some proof then show it, I can find tons of info on the Republicans and their Pacs and 537's. Can find anything on Obama. show me something.

Nope thats not the point, the point is your guy Obama is NOT a man of his word and does not represent the "Middle Class". You think the post is a "crock of shit" because it points out that Obama is hanging out with a bunch of low life scumbags with lots of money and all the time telling you how much he feels your pain. Sorry if the truth hurts there jschuck. and hey there is always a soultion on a post you don't agree with or don't like. don't read it. and stay in the one's you only agree with.

So Obama should be like McCain and steal from taxpayers, even though Obama does not need the money? I thought YOU PEOPLE were against ripping off taxpayers.

As for the "level playing field," why should Obama help McCain? Maybe McCain should go back to friends like Keating, the one McCain helped to rip off the taxpayers, as well as the S & L depositors.
Media Matters - LA Times ignored McCain's alleged role in Keating Five scandal

So people in Hollywood are low life scumbags but your buddies that sell out to Pacs and 527's arent, your crazy. Dig into John Mccains friends, they are all very very rich and many have shady business dealings. How can you classify Barabara Streisand as a low life, do you know who will be attending the dinner. I'm glad he didnt buy into your parties bullshit about the campaign financing. There are many more rich low life scumbags in Mccains pocket anyday. Also you dont decide whether he represents the "middle class". The man has worked his way through life and never had a silver spoon stuck in his mouth, just paid off his student loans 2 years ago. Remember the "community organizer". Thats middle class and lower class people. Something John Mccain wouldnt know anything about.

Want me to answer that question, yes are most people in that are in the movie business in Hollywood low-life scumbags without hesitation yes!! That includes, Babs, and people of her ilk that seem to think that the word star translates into the authority on matters of govt. As for Obama, he is not even considered "middle class" according to how own definition of the word are you kidding me? The man's wealth exludes him from his own tax cuts on those very same tax cuts. As for John McCain you think someone that went to the US Naval Academy and was the son of a career Navy officer was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Someone who for the majority of his young life lived on base housing? You have to be joking. As for 527's your guy Obama is no stranger to 527's thats a fact , how do you think the dems channel all that big time money from groups like move-on.org and others?

Last edited:
perhaps you didn't get the memo...Hollywood almost ALWAYS goes Democratic in the Presidental elections...

really, what is your problem? that all the stars that might've endorsed McCain are dead?

were you offended when John Rich sang at McCain's rally?

Navy you look like a total and complete moron...

Silence, I realize the concept that Obama may not be all you thought he was, is a "little above your paygrade" but thats fine. That wasn't the point of the thread, but understand that anything that makes your guy Obama look like he's not a man of the people would burst that glazed over bubble. So thats fine.

Contessa, again the point of the thread is that OBAMA advocates public financing and that he is going to accept it for months and months all while posing as the man of "hope and change" then seeing the big cash cow decided that well maybe the little guy can wait. You don't see a little hypocrisy there?

NOT taking PUBLIC FINANCING means he did NOT TAKE FROM THE LITTLE GUY. The operative word here is take, TAKE! Obama got VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS that people WANTED to give to the campaign, VOLUNTARY ~~ that is the opposite of TAKING (stealing) little guy taxpayer money!

What part of that don't YOU PEOPLE get?

And if McCain does not have enough "friends" to make contributions, VOLUNTARILY, well tough, I guess he JUST HAD NO CHOICE than to dig into PUBLIC (CAN YOU SAY TAXPAYER) funds, poor widdle johnny!

OBAMA DOES NOT OWE IT TO JOHN McCAIN TO JOIN IN RIPPING OFF THE TAXPAYERS.

The top two 527s -- the Service Employees International Union and America Votes -- are liberal in orientation. The SEIU fund has contributed to other 527 efforts, and America Votes has earmarked most of its money for what it calls the "largest grassroots voter mobilization" in history. Also. can look up 527's on Obama like McCain as well, Vietnam Vets Against McCain?

Obama's campaign will no longer object to independent efforts that hammer John McCain, just as, in their mind, the McCain campaign has not objected to those efforts targeted at Obama. "I assume with their 527s stirring, some [Democratic] ones will as well," another senior campaign official said.
Atlantic Monthly

I thought y'all were railing against 527's AND Political Action Committees?

Are y'all gonna try to say Poo'edOn.org isn't political or action or committee'ed?

Sounds like desperate semantics.

How about Code: Pinko? (or the Weather Underground for that matter).

All you're complaining about is Joe Citizen pooling his money against your pet retard. People can pool their money and efforts AGAINST Obama as well as FOR him. It's called freedom of speech, you should try it sometime.

What a stupid rightie thread. Obama is not for the middle class but Mumbles McCain with his 7 homes Is?

Piss off if you can't get any better shit than that. You might want to check hwo Mumbles changed his postion on financing also.

NOT taking PUBLIC FINANCING means he did NOT TAKE FROM THE LITTLE GUY. The operative word here is take, TAKE! Obama got VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS that people WANTED to give to the campaign, VOLUNTARY ~~ that is the opposite of TAKING (stealing) little guy taxpayer money!

What part of that don't YOU PEOPLE get?

And if McCain does not have enough "friends" to make contributions, VOLUNTARILY, well tough, I guess he JUST HAD NO CHOICE than to dig into PUBLIC (CAN YOU SAY TAXPAYER) funds, poor widdle johnny!

OBAMA DOES NOT OWE IT TO JOHN McCAIN TO JOIN IN RIPPING OFF THE TAXPAYERS.

Contessa, so then what your saying is that Obama was advocating stealing from the little guy up until he decided that it was better to get more money without stealing by that logic? So that makes him better. Unreal!!. It was an example, of his portraying himself as an advocate for the little guy !! and his many changes of mind. I might remind you that Obama was a strong advocate of public campaign finance prior to this. THATS THE POINT!!!! Now while I appreciate the never ending and always changing image of Obama to fit whatever the current mold of this guy is today because you democrats hate Bush so much, I think I said I understand that. However, his changing his mind back and forth like this is any indication of what an Obama president is going to be, it should be interesting.

I thought y'all were railing against 527's AND Political Action Committees?

Are y'all gonna try to say Poo'edOn.org isn't political or action or committee'ed?

Sounds like desperate semantics.

How about Code: Pinko? (or the Weather Underground for that matter).

All you're complaining about is Joe Citizen pooling his money against your pet retard. People can pool their money and efforts AGAINST Obama as well as FOR him. It's called freedom of speech, you should try it sometime.

hey, I don't rail against anyone..someone said Moveon.org was a 527 and it's not..add in that it wasn't formed specicially to endorse Obama and there you have it.

here are some facts about Moveon.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org

Formed in response to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton,[4] it has been cited in some accounts as a factor which helped propel the Democratic Party to power in the 2006 election.[5]

MoveOn.org Civic Action, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, formerly known as MoveOn.org, primarily focuses on education and advocacy on national issues.

code pink is an anti-war group formed in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Pink

and weather underground was 40 years ago dummie... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
No, we were talking about 527's and PAC's.

And Poo'edOn.or was set-up in the 90's.

BTW - the WU doesn't bomb buildings they just seed democrat political candidates in Chicago and waste taxpayer money on community organizations like the Annenberg Project.

Navy1960, do you ever seem to feel like you are one of the few people that actually have figured out that the Democrats (Obama) are telling the middle class exactly what they want to hear, instead of what they are going to do, or have done. Obama keeps talking about giving a tax break to 95% of americans....(yeah right!) and then taxing the so called (rich people) more. Do they realize that the (so called rich) are paying most of this countries taxes allready!!!!! that's a good idea, tax the people who have actually done something with the lives, instead of draining the government. The people he wants to give a tax break to are hardly paying any taxes at all anyway. Also, the big companies that they want to tax more are also the companies that are giving jobs to these "middle class" people that the Dems and Obama say that they care about so much. It amazes me how the Democrats take advantage of peoples ignorance.

The top two 527s -- the Service Employees International Union and America Votes -- are liberal in orientation. The SEIU fund has contributed to other 527 efforts, and America Votes has earmarked most of its money for what it calls the "largest grassroots voter mobilization" in history. Also. can look up 527's on Obama like McCain as well, Vietnam Vets Against McCain?

Obama's campaign will no longer object to independent efforts that hammer John McCain, just as, in their mind, the McCain campaign has not objected to those efforts targeted at Obama. "I assume with their 527s stirring, some [Democratic] ones will as well," another senior campaign official said.
Atlantic Monthly

I don't believe SEIU is a 527 corp... it's a union. It DONATES money to 527's, though, because republican policies hurt unions.

You know, I can't help get the feeling looking at this thread that somehow, you think that dems should lie down and die so right wing extremists can take over the country? that's just so very silly.

Why would Obama intervene in stuff like Vietnam Vets Against McCain when McCain not only allows Obama to be swiftboated, but he HIRED the head swiftboater and has Karl Rove helping run his campaign (unofficially, of course)....

What a stupid rightie thread. Obama is not for the middle class but Mumbles McCain with his 7 homes Is?

Piss off if you can't get any better shit than that. You might want to check hwo Mumbles changed his postion on financing also.

You know what I love most about democrats, you ready, here it is. when a democrat doesn't like something or doesn't fit the mold, it's automatically stupid or dumb. This thinking has always reminded me of what Karl Marx said about liberty, that basically people were too stupid to have it so thats why it needed to be passed out sparringly. In just about every thread I have seen on here, in every debate I have seen on this site is the comment that a thread is somehow stupid if it is not argeed with. I do find it surprising though, that the same people that find them stupid take the time to read them and respond to them.

I don't believe SEIU is a 527 corp... it's a union. It DONATES money to 527's, though, because republican policies hurt unions.

You know, I can't help get the feeling looking at this thread that somehow, you think that dems should lie down and die so right wing extremists can take over the country? that's just so very silly.

Why would Obama intervene in stuff like Vietnam Vets Against McCain when McCain not only allows Obama to be swiftboated, but he HIRED the head swiftboater and has Karl Rove helping run his campaign (unofficially, of course)....

jillain, NOTHING could be further from the truth , no I don't want democrats to lie down and die. Hardly, I have two very ardent democrat daughters, quite the contrary, I enjoy debating democrats. I just don't like the candidate that you have nominated this time around, and think he is a phoney and his policies will be a disaster for this country. That does not mean I think that democrats are bad, or that I hate them for being democrats, not at all. As a matter of fact, I voted for our gov. here and shes a democrat, I think shes doing a great job. even though she is supporting Obama. So to answer your question , no I don't want all democrats to lay down and die and or hate them at all. I DAMN sure don't want ANY extremists taking over the country LEFT or RIGHT.

As for John McCain you think someone that went to the US Naval Academy and was the son of a career Navy officer was born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

NO, HE HAD TO DUMP HIS DISABLED WIFE AND MARRY MONEY SO DADDY IN LAW COULD BUY HIM HIS SEAT IN THE SENATE.

As for "above paygrade", well, since you aren't a RICH, RICH, RICH Hollywood type, and as what, retired military, or wannabe, I would say that you are way outranked on the financial side, and not in a position to decide who will or not be listened to. Must be one of those "Money talks, and seamen walk, and walk, and walk" things. You shouldn't let your jealousy of financial success based on looks and an ability to mimic get to you. It doesn't mean they get "listened to," it just means they get to mimic the candidate and pay for the privilege. It isn't, most likely, your fault, I am sure you were good at taking orders, and have your own talents. You just don't have theirs!

Forum List

Back