Oh Yes he's for the "Middle Class alright"

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Give me a break, now while Obama repeatedly stated he would accept public financing for his campaign, then in typical Obama fashion decided not to after making his followers believe in his message of change and hope and he's a man for the middle class. Now we get to see more of Obama's friends and just how much for the "Middle Class" and hope and change he is. As I have repeatedly stated, the man and the message are two very different things, ths is just further proof.

AFP: Streisand sings for Obama supper

DENVER, Colorado (AFP) — Oscar-winning singer and actress Barbra Streisand will perform at a glittering and lucrative Hollywood fundraiser for Democrat Barack Obama Tuesday, aides said.

The White House hopeful will host a dinner costing 28,500 dollars per person in a Beverly Hills mansion, and Streisand will then sing at a reception at the swanky Beverly Wilshire hotel, campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Monday.

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    And?

Clearly middle class isn't an issue for the right.... they voted for Bush twice and now picked McCain and his houses....

y'all have it so backwards .....

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    How does Babs singing at a fundraiser make Obama not for the middle class?

4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    must be because someone rich and famous likes him....

but how many rich people like McCain???

they just aren't as talented so they're jealous.

5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I'll tell you, Obama sets up a message "hope and change" he's going to do things differently, constantly lecturing Republicans about how they are for the rich and how he is for the middle class and the poor. When given the chance at each turn he proves that the Obama of the message and the Obama the man are two different people.

It proves the real reason for opting out of his public finance system like he had previously said he would. It's not surprising though, this is yet one, in many many things he said he would do that he has changed his mind on. I wonder how much of that 9 million is going to hurricane relief or, to help with the mortgage crises.

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    The difference here though jillian is you don't see McCain out calling Obama the man against the "middle class" or the man for the rich. All at the same time hanging out with a bunch of wealthy hollywood types.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    I'd repeat my question, but I don't think it would make a difference.

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I'd repeat my answer and I don't think you would most likely want to believe it. It's sad however, how much the democrats have been sold a bill of goods by Obama. While I understand, that the democrats want a change from Bush, thats understandable, but Obama the man and Obama message are two very different things.

9. jschuck12001

jschuck12001 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    He's running for President and that money is needed if he is to succeed. I would love someone to list all the fat cats Mccains knows and mingles with. Using his resources to gain money for his campaign is smart. He knew if he took public financing that he wouldnt stand a chance because the republicans use Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs and 527 groups that pours millions in slander advertising. The repubicans are the rich kids on the block and they might not be hollywood stars but these third party organizations have much more money than any stars from hollywood. Public financing is a fricken joke and anyone who can google can see why he passed it up because its a scam with several loopholes and I am sure your smart enough to know this even though your post plays dumb. They actually caught carl Rove on tape recently saying "We need to get those 527's going", this post is a crock of shit.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    The DIFFERENCE is policy.... not singers.