Oh oh, looks like Obama's Iran deal is collapsing.

You guys seem to all be missing an important point about the Iran deal.

It barely involves the US. Even if Congress were to override Obama's veto, the rest of the world has already approved it, and they're not going to un-approve it just because Congress says so.

We don't hold many cards. We control almost none of Iran's frozen assets, and keeping our sanctions against Iran while the rest of the world relaxes theirs will hurt US business interests a lot more than it will hurt Iran.

The deal is done - all that remains to be seen is whether US businesses will be able to benefit from the deal.
Are you saying the "snap back" provision, that sanctions will instantly be reimposed should Iran be found to be cheating and falsifying aspects of their nuclear program, is a lie popularized by Kerry and Obama?
Because if so that's just one more reason why this deal is a fraud and once more, Obama has been found to be a liar who rules unilaterally by abusing
powers not vested in the presidency and therefore should be removed from office (just as soon as congress gets some balls).

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I can't possibly figure out how you got that from my post.

Perhaps if you read my post again, you'll understand it.

This will be the hardest and most gut wrenching decision Schumer has ever had to make.

Stay loyal to his messiah Obama or stand fast with Israel?

Oh my........what will Chucky boy do?? ...... :dunno:
I am of the opinion that Shumer will NOT vote against it.

The GOP changed how the vote will proceed..it now takes 2/3 opposition to the agreement instead of the 2/3 needed to pass it...oops...

I thought that something less then a majority is all that's needed to pass this nuke deal. I could be wrong, and I couldn't tell you what the magic number is, to be honest, if I'm right.

I believe 60 votes are needed in the Senate to bring it to a vote and then a simple majority will pass it. It then would take 67 votes in the Senate and 2/3rds of the house to override a veto. IMO, it ain't gonna happen.

A short memo to Senator Schumer: sir, let me begin by sharing with you that I have been a very vocal (albeit very peaceful) critic of many of President Obama's policies.

And let me get this out of the way right now: I am a Christian Pacifist.

I believe that good faith negotiations, morally done and honorably concluded, are a much better way to resolve geopolitical issues than is war.

But the issue of the Iran treaty is an issue where the President and I concur.

Is it a perfect deal?!? No, it is not.

But rather than the alternative of a US-led war against Iran, where Russia and probably China may well come to Iran's aid militarily, it is far the better deal than is a war.

And let me explain to you very carefully the outcome of your opposing this deal.

First, your constituents will realize that you are simply a tool of Israel's foreign policy, and in promoting opposition to this treaty, you are putting the needs and concerns of a foreign country above the needs and concerns of your constituents.

Secondly, your party will see this as a stunning betrayal of their President, and look for someone to replace you as quickly as possible in the next elections.

I would like to remind you that in the House Armed Services Committee, there exists legislation to reinstate the draft, for both our young men and young women, penned by the Senior Congressional Representative Charlie Rangel, two years ago.

The fact that the bill has not been killed outright in committee before this time tells me that Congress is waiting for the right "psychological/economic" moment to pass it.

Sir, I would very strongly caution you against the US going to war against Iran, something for which the Israeli government has been advocating for some time now.

And I would like to assure you that the people of this country are both war weary, and war skeptical, after the string of debacles including Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. With all these military misadventures, the US government and military have experienced serial epic fails in every one of these engagements.

and at this point, the US military is incapable of assuring a positive outcome against either Russia or China, because it doesn't have the troop strength, the money, or the manufacturing to see that this happens.

The US government may spend a lot more money on its war machinery than does Russia or China, but that does not guarantee that the equipment purchased will function magnificently in the field.

Sir, I am asking you to please vote for this deal; the absence of such a deal may well mean war, and the deaths and maimings of hundreds of thousands of our military.

And finally, sir, I entreat you to watch the video (banned by youtube), titled "Don't tell Mother I'm In Iran", which talks about the Jewish community, and how it is flourishing in Iran:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141119154847-213352486-don-t-tell-my-mo...

Oh, by the way....we are now expanding bombing campaigns in Syria to assist "rebels" (read terrorists) there. I don't hear a peep out of any of the Chicken Littles purportedly so afraid of war in Iran even though Bashar al Asaad is a client of Iran and Iran is not likely to look kindly on this. Obama expands bombing in Syria to support U.S.-backed rebels - LA Times

No one is afraid of war in Iran. They are afraid this sham deal will fall through and
it will be a black mark (excuse the expression) on the record of Barry Hussein Obama and it will be that much harder for Iran to get their bomb.

It barely involves the US. Even if Congress were to override Obama's veto, the rest of the world has already approved it, and they're not going to un-approve it just because Congress says so.

We don't hold many cards. We control almost none of Iran's frozen assets, and keeping our sanctions against Iran while the rest of the world relaxes theirs will hurt US business interests a lot more than it will hurt Iran.

The deal is done - all that remains to be seen is whether US businesses will be able to benefit from the deal.
You are forgetting about the hundreds of billions in frozen assets the Iranians are about to get for bamboozling a bunch of fools running this administration.

Will Iran Get Its Billions Back - US News

U.S. to Award Iran 11.9 Billion Through End of Nuke Talks Washington Free Beacon

Iran s 300 Billion Shakedown Foreign Policy

You are forgetting about the hundreds of billions in frozen assets the Iranians are about to get for bamboozling a bunch of fools running this administration.

U.S. to Award Iran 11.9 Billion Through End of Nuke Talks Washington Free Beacon

The US doesn't control "hundreds of billions" of frozen Iranian assets. The vast majority of those assets are held by France and the UK.

The amount that we control is pennies, comparitively.

Oh, by the way....we are now expanding bombing campaigns in Syria to assist "rebels" (read terrorists) there. I don't hear a peep out of any of the Chicken Littles purportedly so afraid of war in Iran even though Bashar al Asaad is a client of Iran and Iran is not likely to look kindly on this. Obama expands bombing in Syria to support U.S.-backed rebels - LA Times

No one is afraid of war in Iran. They are afraid this sham deal will fall through and
it will be a black mark (excuse the expression) on the record of Barry Hussein Obama and it will be that much harder for Iran to get their bomb.

Who has claimed to be "afraid" of war with Iran?

The US doesn't control "hundreds of billions" of frozen Iranian assets. The vast majority of those assets are held by France and the UK.

Wrong, after the Shah was deposed in 1979 and the U.S. Embassy was attacked and diplomats hostage for over 500 days, over 20 billion of Iranian assets were initially frozen. These were assets previously owned by the Iranian govt. under the Shah. The frozen assets kept increasing as U.S. Govt discovered more and more held by Iranian govt officials using secret covers or fronts. And of course after the sanctions regime heated up, even more assets were seized. Why don't you look it up for yourself?

Obama Freezes Iranian Government Bank Assets in U.S. - Bloomberg Business

Obama Plan to Release 11.9B to Iran Slammed by Group of Senators

Last edited:

Wrong, after the Shah was deposed in 1979 and the U.S. Embassy was attacked and diplomats hostage for over 500 days, over 20 billion of Iranian assets were initially frozen. These were assets previously owned by the Iranian govt. under the Shah. The frozen assets kept increasing as U.S. Govt discovered more and more held by Iranian govt officials using secret covers or fronts. And of course after the sanctions regime heated up, even more assets were seized. Why don't you look it up for yourself?

The assets frozen during the hostage crisis were "unfrozen" as soon as the hostages were released in 1981. Keep up.

The vast majority (65 billion or so) of frozen Iranian assets are held by European countries and not by the US - as can be seen by the fact that Iran has already gotten most of it back.

A short memo to Senator Schumer: sir, let me begin by sharing with you that I have been a very vocal (albeit very peaceful) critic of many of President Obama's policies.

I believe that good faith negotiations, morally done and honorably concluded, are a much better way to resolve geopolitical issues than is war.

But rather than the alternative of a US-led war against Iran, where Russia and probably China may well come to Iran's aid militarily, it is far the better deal than is a war.

And let me explain to you very carefully the outcome of your opposing this deal.

First, your constituents will realize that you are simply a tool of Israel's foreign policy, and in promoting opposition to this treaty, you are putting the needs and concerns of a foreign country above the needs and concerns of your constituents.

Secondly, your party will see this as a stunning betrayal of their President, and look for someone to replace you as quickly as possible in the next elections.

I would like to remind you that in the House Armed Services Committee, there exists legislation to reinstate the draft, for both our young men and young women, penned by the Senior Congressional Representative Charlie Rangel, two years ago.

The fact that the bill has not been killed outright in committee before this time tells me that Congress is waiting for the right "psychological/economic" moment to pass it.

Sir, I would very strongly caution you against the US going to war against Iran, something for which the Israeli government has been advocating for some time now.

And I would like to assure you that the people of this country are both war weary, and war skeptical, after the string of debacles including Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. With all these military misadventures, the US government and military have experienced serial epic fails in every one of these engagements.

and at this point, the US military is incapable of assuring a positive outcome against either Russia or China, because it doesn't have the troop strength, the money, or the manufacturing to see that this happens.

The US government may spend a lot more money on its war machinery than does Russia or China, but that does not guarantee that the equipment purchased will function magnificently in the field.

Sir, I am asking you to please vote for this deal; the absence of such a deal may well mean war, and the deaths and maimings of hundreds of thousands of our military.

And finally, sir, I entreat you to watch the video (banned by youtube), titled "Don't tell Mother I'm In Iran", which talks about the Jewish community, and how it is flourishing in Iran:

Shouldn't there be a laugh track associated with this propaganda piece?

Shouldn't there be a laugh track associated with this propaganda thread of yours ?

The assets frozen during the hostage crisis were "unfrozen" as soon as the hostages were released in 1981. Keep up.

The vast majority (65 billion or so) of frozen Iranian assets are held by European countries and not by the US - as can be seen by the fact that Iran has already gotten most of it back.

The hostages were released because Reagan sent a message before his inauguration that he will consider it an act of war. All frozen or seized assets have stayed frozen for the last 35 years.

Shouldn't there be a laugh track associated with this propaganda thread of yours ?

No.

No.

AIPAC, the main Israeli lobbying group in the United States, has launched a ferocious campaign to kill the Iran nuclear agreement, reports say.

AIPAC, Etc, Spending $100 Million To Sink Iran Deal

AIPAC Launches All Out War Against Iran Agreement

Are you allowed to talk about AIPAC?

No.

AIPAC, the main Israeli lobbying group in the United States, has launched a ferocious campaign to kill the Iran nuclear agreement, reports say.

Good. :clap2: AIPAC is in line with overwhelming majority of American public opinion as well as congress.

The hostages were released because Reagan sent a message before his inauguration that he will consider it an act of war. All frozen or seized assets have stayed frozen for the last 35 years.

You are laughably incorrect.

http://www.parstimes.com/history/algiers_accords.pdf

If this guy votes against it, it's over, because a big coalition will vote whichever way he does. And all signs are that he will. That is, if he's interested in being re elected.

Iran nuclear deal Growing signs Schumer will oppose it - POLITICO

Lets educate you, It was not "Obama's Iran Deal". Obama also will veto it, and the other P's plus Germany and the IAEA are not backing down. Obama has the pen.
Obama also defied Congress and legislation HE signed by running to the UN in an end run around Congress ....

It could get interesting.....
Obuthole cares more for his Muslim brothers and the UN than he does America.

I agree, he does!

His middle name is not Hussein for nothing.

Did Americans know they were electing a fanatic muslim to the White House when they voted for him twice?

I don't think so.

No.

Good. :clap2: AIPAC is in line with overwhelming majority of American public opinion as well as congress.

overwhelming majority ????

ORLY?

That's funny. Among the cuckservatives, perhaps.

Poll: Majority of Americans support Iran deal

NEW POLL: Majority of American Jews Support Iran Nuclear Deal

It's unanimous; the overwhelming majority of WASPS and Jews alike support the Iran deal.

Any more lies you want to tell this evening?

If this guy votes against it, it's over, because a big coalition will vote whichever way he does. And all signs are that he will. That is, if he's interested in being re elected.

Iran nuclear deal Growing signs Schumer will oppose it - POLITICO
Why is it Obama's deal? This was between Iran and the most powerful half dozen countries in the world?
If Republicans ruin this, they will make themselves look like morons and America look ridiculous. Course, after they last 40 years, you would think they would be used to that.

Forum List

Back