Oh Now The Left Tells Us They Just Hate Those Burning Korans...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by LibocalypseNow, Aug 23, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I'm sorry but once again i'm not buying the Left's feigned outrage. There is a story circulating in the MSM about a Church deciding to burn Korans on this year's 911 anniversary. I see that the Left is back up on their high horses preaching about how awful such acts are. This is pretty shocking when you realize that this is the same Left which routinely celebrates and even rewards those who drop Crucifixes in urine or defecate on Bibles. So why all this sudden outrage over burning some Korans? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

It is their right to burn Korans no? They have just as much right as those who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles no? Personally i don't agree with this Church's decision to burn Korans but i don't agree with the Left defecating on Bibles either. The Left's feigned outrage over this really is the height of dishonesty & hypocrisy in my opinion. This is why i stand by my conclusion that Leftists really do have a weird & hateful obsession with denigrating Christians. They are not consistent or honest on issues like this.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. THE LIGHT

THE LIGHT Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Under His Wings in the Shadow of the Almighty!
    Ratings:
    +301
    [​IMG]

What dat you say?

3. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yes i'm sure if this were a group burning Bibles,the Left would be the first ones rushing over here to defend their "right" to burn those Bibles. Just can't trust the Left on issues like this.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. lizzie

lizzie Zen Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    But they don't really want to burn Bibles or Korans. Eradicating religion would be their preference.:lol: (not all of them, of course- just the intellectually superior ones.;))

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    I consider myself to be part of the 'left' and I sure as heck would never burn a Bible.. And I don't think I know a single lefty that would. Just to clarify.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    You're young. Get out and meet your fellow lefties. You will be (hopefully unpleasantly) surprised at how enthusiastic they are to trash Christianity, the flag and anything else that represents what they view as 'mainstream America', and how hypocritically, they get very defensive about anyone wanting to trash their 'pet projects'.

While you're around, I'm disappointed to see that you have lowered yourself to the standard Alinski tactic of taking quotes out of context. Your sig is a pathetic attempt to misrepresent the actual views of Mr Beck. Shame on you for your lack of honesty, Little Lefty.

7. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    I know plenty of lefties that are christians.. Which, IMO, was what Jesus was closer to. But that's a different subject.
    If you think admitting to America's faults and wanting to talk about them, so we can improve, is 'trashing the flag', I guess I'm a flag trasher.
    And Libs aren't the ones I see everyday bashing Unions.. Which represent the heart of 'mainstream America'.. That would be your side of the political spectrum.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    12% of Americans are Union. That ain't 'mainstream' honey.

And I have no issue with admitting to our faults - I have a problem with the left's attitude that everything we do is wrong and other countries (particularly those who are far less 'free' than we are) are so much better. You need to educate yourself on the views of the left.... if you're gonna be one of them, you should know what it is your part of.

And, please, stop using 'Jesus' as your 'banner' to hide behind. Jesus wanted us to be charitable to one another, to care for one another because it is the right thing to do. He wanted us to learn as individuals to do right by each other - not to have it forced on us by government. That crap you spout is the bullshit of the far left - it doesn't work. Because it's not based on fact.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    i am against burning books of any kind. that simple....

i dont care if its a bible or the koran.....do not burn books

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I agree. It's pathetic.