Oh Now The Left Tells Us They Just Hate Those Burning Korans...

The Left's irrational hostility towards Christianity while embracing other religions like Islam really is pretty bizarre.

Again, it is not hostility towards christianity, it is hostility towards the obnoxious assholes that want everyone to goosestep to the tune of their religion, whether they be christians or jews or muslims. The overwhelming majority of those assholes just happen to be christian.

I stand by my belief that Christian teachings are far more peaceful & tolerant than Islamic teachings.

There are extremists in every religion. It is not the religion, it is the person using that religion to perpetrate horrendous deeds. I know you will probably hate to admit it, but there are hundreds of thousands of Muslims in this country who are law abiding citizens who haven't gotten a parking ticket let alone flew an airliner into a building. You and your ilk are doing to Muslims what Hitler did to the Jews.

i am against burning books of any kind. that simple....

i dont care if its a bible or the koran.....do not burn books

I feel the same, though in my old age I have tossed books that were just crap books and didn't deserve to live.

But I couldn't even do that until I was middle aged. I always sent my used books or books I didn't like on to greener pastures...traded them in at book stores, gave them to hospitals/nursing homes.

My tolerance level is lower these days. I figure if the book makes me sick or is worthless, I have no right to inflict it upon other human beings, human beings who may not be able to escape and be forced to read it (thinking of nursing home inhabitants and old folks..they're limited to the books others donate).

The Left's irrational hostility towards Christianity while embracing other religions like Islam really is pretty bizarre.

Again, it is not hostility towards christianity, it is hostility towards the obnoxious assholes that want everyone to goosestep to the tune of their religion, whether they be christians or jews or muslims. The overwhelming majority of those assholes just happen to be christian.

Wrong.

Yea you're not hostile to Christians at all. lol! Your ignorance is astounding. Do you even know any Christians? Well i do and i assure you that most are not assholes. I attend Church regularly and i have yet to meet one of your "assholes." You are an ugly stereotype my friend. You're just a typical Leftist nutter who has an irrational hate for Christians. You express such feigned outrage over a Koran being burned yet jump for joy and even give awards to your fellow Leftists who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles. You can't be trusted on issues like this.

Yea you're not hostile to Christians at all. lol! Your ignorance is astounding. Do you even know any Christians? Well i do and i assure you that most are not assholes. I attend Church regularly and i have yet to meet one of your "assholes." You are an ugly stereotype my friend. You're just a typical Leftist nutter who has an irrational hate for Christians. You express such feigned outrage over a Koran being burned yet jump for joy and even give awards to your fellow Leftists who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles. You can't be trusted on issues like this.

You didn't even read what he wrote. You are misconstruing it and then ranting on your misconstruction of what he wrote. This is the same mistake so many conservatives today make, and it is so frustrating. He wasn't referring to Christians, he was refering to assholes, whether they happen to be Christians, Jews, or Muslims, which implies that there are many non-asshole Christians. Couldn't you get that from what he wrote? I just feel like you want to attack him so bad, that you can't even read what he wrote, rather, you read into what you want so that you can attack him further, and as I said, so many cons do it. It's so childish.

Also, libs aren't partially hateful towards Islam, it just so happens that the Christian practice ends up being terribly hypocritical in the face of what Jesus actually said, as exemplified by the contradictory actions and words of MANY prominent and newsworthy people who are considered to be Christian. So, don't blame those who have their doubts. I know many Christians, and I believe in the teachings of Jesus, and there are many great Christians who I respect as people and as those who have faith in something higher than themselves, and serve their beliefs with honor and dignity. Then there are those who use their Christian beliefs as a pedestal so they can become self-righteous and vilify others, which is in direct contradiction to the teaching of Jesus, like most of those in the conservative party who like to start wars, judge others, and tell us all how to live, or tell us how this country was founded on Christian principles, yet take pride in the fact that this is the greatest free country on earth, yet condenm anyone who isn't Christian and doesn't share the same beliefs. What kind of freedom is that? There is an example of hypocrisy right there. This is so blatantly obvious to someone who is outside the faith, yet for those who are in it, they are not willing to look at and examine themselves, because it threatens their political and religious identify. It is more psychological rigidity than anything else. First of all, if you consider the fact that many of the conservatives are themselves Christians, or that many Christians decide to be a conservative because of moral alignments that happen to exist- of course they are going to vilify the left, who happen to not be as Christian in number. Whether or not you are Christian should have nothing to do with your party affiliation in my opinion, or how patriotic you are considered.

Also, libs aren't partially hateful towards Islam, it just so happens that the Christian practice ends up being terribly hypocritical in the face of what Jesus actually said, as exemplified by the contradictory actions and words of MANY prominent and newsworthy people who are considered to be Christian. So, don't blame those who have their doubts. I know many Christians, and I believe in the teachings of Jesus, and there are many great Christians who I respect as people and as those who have faith in something higher than themselves, and serve their beliefs with honor and dignity. Then there are those who use their Christian beliefs as a pedestal so they can become self-righteous and vilify others, which is in direct contradiction to the teaching of Jesus, like most of those in the conservative party who like to start wars, judge others, and tell us all how to live, or tell us how this country was founded on Christian principles, yet take pride in the fact that this is the greatest free country on earth, yet condenm anyone who isn't Christian and doesn't share the same beliefs. What kind of freedom is that? There is an example of hypocrisy right there. This is so blatantly obvious to someone who is outside the faith, yet for those who are in it, they are not willing to look at and examine themselves, because it threatens their political and religious identify. It is more psychological rigidity than anything else. First of all, if you consider the fact that many of the conservatives are themselves Christians, or that many Christians decide to be a conservative because of moral alignments that happen to exist- of course they are going to vilify the left, who happen to not be as Christian in number. Whether or not you are Christian should have nothing to do with your party affiliation in my opinion, or how patriotic you are considered.
There are Christians who insulate themselves with their faith. They wrap themselves in their faith as if it was a protective blanket.

This gives them the latitude to lash out against others who do not share their brand of zealotry. It's an old tradition among the uber-faithful. See the Spanish Inquisition or the Shiite/Sunni civil wars.

There is no compromise with their belief in God. That has to be understood. If one compromises (e.g. tolerates a different set of dogma) one stands to lose the perceived blessings of God. If one has a narrow outlook on the world when faith is acquired, that narrow outlook serves as a template for all things religious.

And we've seen how the narrow minded and unworldly perceives the world. Bereft of nuance with only the righteous and the infidel. And the ifidel must be purged to pave the way to a greater world.

So, when Christians who actually hold the teachings of Jesus Christ act, we find tolerance and forgiveness. When those who are taught that their way is the only way, we find resentment and intolerance.

Wrong.

In this country, they are. In Iran/Saudi Arabia the majority are Muslim. In Israel, the majority are Jewish....it depends on where you are.

But you're not a christian.

No hyperbole to see here, folks! Move along!

I guess the only behavior that libocalypse really admires is that of his fellow fundamentalists. Perhaps we should publicly stone or chop off the hands of those who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles. If we can find them! At least that way "justice" will be done.

You don't have to be a Muslim to hold radical views on 'justice'. All you have to be is gullible, unworldly, insulated and incurious.

I'm sorry but once again i'm not buying the Left's feigned outrage. There is a story circulating in the MSM about a Church deciding to burn Korans on this year's 911 anniversary. I see that the Left is back up on their high horses preaching about how awful such acts are. This is pretty shocking when you realize that this is the same Left which routinely celebrates and even rewards those who drop Crucifixes in urine or defecate on Bibles. So why all this sudden outrage over burning some Korans? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

It is their right to burn Korans no? They have just as much right as those who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles no? Personally i don't agree with this Church's decision to burn Korans but i don't agree with the Left defecating on Bibles either. The Left's feigned outrage over this really is the height of dishonesty & hypocrisy in my opinion. This is why i stand by my conclusion that Leftists really do have a weird & hateful obsession with denigrating Christians. They are not consistent or honest on issues like this.

you really need to take a few days off and learn about logical fallacies. unless you can show that the same people who are against the koran burning are also the people desecrating Bibles, your whole post is waste of time and undebateable

I'm pretty sure the Left would not be showing this same feigned outrage if this were a group urinating on Crucifixes or burning Bibles. They would be piously defending their "right" to urinate on those Crucifixes and burning those Bibles instead. I never trust Leftists when they come out feigning outrage over these kinds of issues. There's just no consistency or honesty in their positions. They do seem to have an irrational hostility towards Christianity especially.

do you really think its only "leftists" who are against the burning and that all righties are bigots against islam?? :lol::lol:

I stand by my belief that Christian teachings are far more peaceful & tolerant than Islamic teachings. Jesus Christ & Muhammad were very different people and actually preached opposite philosophies. Muhammad was all about hate & conquest. So the Left's obsession with denigrating Christians while showing affinity for Islam makes no sense. They're just mixed up.

Oh my yes....nothing says peaceful & tolerant like a good ole' fashioned down home koran burning. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yea well you go on urinating on those Crucifixes and then preaching to the rest of us about religious respect & tolerance. You Leftists can't be trusted on anything and especially on this issue.

ad hominem and red herring. your post sounds like 4th graders in the school yard arguing

I'm sorry but once again i'm not buying the Left's feigned outrage. There is a story circulating in the MSM about a Church deciding to burn Korans on this year's 911 anniversary. I see that the Left is back up on their high horses preaching about how awful such acts are. This is pretty shocking when you realize that this is the same Left which routinely celebrates and even rewards those who drop Crucifixes in urine or defecate on Bibles. So why all this sudden outrage over burning some Korans? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

It is their right to burn Korans no? They have just as much right as those who urinate on Crucifixes and defecate on Bibles no? Personally i don't agree with this Church's decision to burn Korans but i don't agree with the Left defecating on Bibles either. The Left's feigned outrage over this really is the height of dishonesty & hypocrisy in my opinion. This is why i stand by my conclusion that Leftists really do have a weird & hateful obsession with denigrating Christians. They are not consistent or honest on issues like this.
You made your first mistake by blaming "THE LEFT". Wow!

What passes for logic in your rants is: "THE LEFT" is inherently evil and anti-American/Christian/proper way of life. If you could only think a little deeper, you would see that there are people subscribing to a Left Wing view who hold these positions. But, hardly a majority of us who hold Left Wing views. Could you tolerate a blanket indictment of "THE RIGHT" as outright cold-blooded killers (see Tim McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, and the maniacs who assassinate abortion doctors or shoot up Holocaust museums)

If Korans are burned and this is sanctioned by a church, would it be fair to say all RIGHT WING churches approve of the practice? Hell! Nazis burned books! A conclusion could be drawn, using your 'logic' that ALL RIGHT WINGERS endorse this heinous practice.

It's difficult to find all Left Wingers in lockstep agreement on all issues. Unless, of course, you want it to be true in order to validate the shallow thinking you seem to use when ever you rant about "THE LEFT".

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm sorry but once again i'm not buying the Left's feigned outrage. There is a story circulating in the MSM about a Church deciding to burn Korans on this year's 911 anniversary. I see that the Left is back up on their high horses preaching about how awful such acts are. This is pretty shocking when you realize that this is the same Left which routinely celebrates and even rewards those who drop Crucifixes in urine or defecate on Bibles.
Name one member of the left who has celebrated dropping crucifixes in urine and has also preached how awful it is to burn Korans to celebrate 9-11.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back