Oh No! Air America Goes Dark 6PM Tonight

Hard for far-left hate-speech to be profitable when you can see it everywhere in all of our media sources. It's plastered all over the networks all over cable on HBO and in film. Why do they have to have a radio station that specializes in the subject when you can get it everywhere. The reason right-wing talk shows are profitable is because rarely does their voice get out. So yes, it's no contest.

Hard for far-left hate-speech to be profitable when you can see it everywhere in all of our media sources. It's plastered all over the networks all over cable on HBO and in film. Why do they have to have a radio station that specializes in the subject when you can get it everywhere. The reason right-wing talk shows are profitable is because rarely does their voice get out. So yes, it's no contest.

Good point,

It fails again and again because there is no "refreshing" or different/surprise viewpoint to find in it.

Aren't we told ad infinitum that Fox News is great because it has the highest ratings and makes the most money? Doesn't the addict Limbaugh pull down 33 million a year to produce far right hate speech? And aren't we constantly told that Beck outsells his competition during his time slots so he must be magnificent too?

Sure. Absolutely! Far right hate speech rarely gets its voice heard.:cuckoo:

Aren't we told ad infinitum that Fox News is great because it has the highest ratings and makes the most money? Doesn't the addict Limbaugh pull down 33 million a year to produce far right hate speech? And aren't we constantly told that Beck outsells his competition during his time slots so he must be magnificent too?
:

They are successful because they stand out and are unique in contrast to the majority of the MSM outlets:cuckoo:

:

They are successful because they stand out and are unique in contrast to the majority of the MSM outlets:cuckoo:
Many things stand out because they are considered unique. Rap music, sleazy television reality shows, the Ultimate Fighting Challenge, chase scenes broadcast on live TV, and far right hate speech. All this drek appeals to the great unwashed and is seen as unique to American media.

See a pattern here?

Gee wiz... Air America is still on? Where? It lasted 2 month in New Orleans, and that was years ago.

:

Many things stand out because they are considered unique. Rap music, sleazy television reality shows, the Ultimate Fighting Challenge, chase scenes broadcast on live TV, and far right hate speech. All this drek appeals to the great unwashed and is seen as unique to American media.

See a pattern here?

The truth stands out as well and people respond to it
See a pattern here?
:eusa_angel:

Have you ever listened to Air America? :rofl: It is all about the content Dog. The content that liberals care about is almost entirely emotion based. Take healthcare for instance , most liberals want a complete takeover of 1/6th of the US economy. Why? because they don't think it is right that a tiny percentage of people who get sick are forced to choose between protecting their health or their money.

I think Dude hit the nail on the head too. The ideologues at Air America had no idea how to run a real business - they only knew how to sell widgets in a classroom.
The day after the Haiti quake, I thought I was tuned in to Rush on my walkman, and instead I was getting commentary about Haiti. At first I thought Rush had been pre-empted but what I was getting had a distinct anti-American slant, and blaming corporate America for the social situation there - which angered me - and then I discovered my "tuner-button" was clicked to FM vs AM and I was listening to Air America on the Indiana U. station instead of Rush.

The content was very biased and distasteful to someone who doesn't cater to hearing their own generous country blamed for the conditions in a country we've already poured money into for decades to help them out of their misery.

Last edited:
Air American had a bad business model because they apparently did not understand their audience.

They thought (I suppose) that just as there was a rabid right wing audience which enjoys hour after hour of partisan based political character assassinations of liberals and democrats, that there therefore must be an audience of liberals who would enjoy the same kind of political claptrap.

Liberals want their propaganda to be more reality based than that.

Hence NPR's programming was what they needed to provide.

But since that costs a lot more money, Air America could never have done that.
Good post. It is true that liberals aren't taken in by rabid fear mongering like the right is...there is no danger of rightwing radio going down the tubes.

Radio's a tough business when you can't garner much of a listening audience. If they ain't buying what you're selling, you're screwed.
With the likes of Al Franken and Alec Baldwin "acting" as talk show hosts (with nothing to say worth listening to) what should one expect of Air America except early failure.

The liberals have little worthy of interest to sane people. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Sure. Absolutely! Far right hate speech rarely gets its voice heard.:cuckoo:

Just goes to show what political side can make profit off of what taste.

Good riddance -hate site dies or Air Amerika declaring bankruptcy

Subject: Air America Operations

It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our Board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the Company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding-down of the business.

Hate site dies? I thought you were talking about Rush Limbaugh, or Fox news, or Sean Hannity, or Bill O'........

Forum List

Back