Oh Libs this has GOT to hurt. Rush Limbaugh Ratings Up 60% Since Fluke Controversy

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvofY6nzLc]'Rush Limbaugh Show' Ratings Up 60% - YouTube[/ame]

That's got to hurt.

I know libs will scream it isn't true, and we only have Rush's word.

But consider this. Some of you IDIOT LIBS on this board were predicitng that Rush was done. Gone! Finito!

And he's still here, doing fine, and ADDING sponsors.

The libs war to get rid of Rush fell as flat as all their other astroturf efforts.

I told you libs. Your liberal media didn't make Rush, so your liberal media can't take him down.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

'Rush Limbaugh Show' Ratings Up 60% - YouTube

That's got to hurt.

But consider this. Some of you IDIOT LIBS on this board were predicitng that Rush was done. Gone! Finito!

The libs war to get rid of Rush fell as flat as all their other astroturf efforts.

I told you libs. Your liberal media didn't make Rush, so your liberal media can't take him down.

He he he...What sponsors has he added...just curious.

So what? He's not making any money on his bigger audience. No one wants to buy ads on his show.

His screw up is costing those who pay his contract.

So what? He's not making any money on his bigger audience. No one wants to buy ads on his show.

I'd always heard there were two-kinds of dumb. Apparently there is three.

That's got to hurt.

Only if you are stupid enough to believe the pathological liar, but then again by his own "word" he's LOST about 50% of his audience, from over 40 million to 22 million!!!

March 28, 2012
RUSH: We haven't lost any audience in this program. The audience is larger than it's ever been... But the advertisers who've really been hurt are the ones who've abandoned here. I just assume everybody understood that. Let me tell you: We have 22 million people here who have stopped patronizing these people, stopped patronizing them. It's major in many instances, the harm that has been inflicted.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

Last edited:

That's got to hurt.

Some sponsors even doubled-down on their advertising commitments.

isn't there a ratings organization that tracks this stuff? Wouldn't it be better to check their numbers, as opposed to taking Rush at his word?

isn't there a ratings organization that tracks this stuff? Wouldn't it be better to check their numbers, as opposed to taking Rush at his word?
Actually the Pinko Slime Of Politics' word is pretty reliable, as long as you reverse it. So when he says his audience is increasing, you know it's decreasing. He is a Perfect Contrarian Indicator (PCI).

Alllright shit for brains...tell me this...

If you hire a guy to deliver ratings, with the idea of selling the audience to your advertising clients, it doesn't matter how big your audience is, if NO ONE is willing to buy your ads.

See how that works? I mean if you have a solid nugget of shit you think is worth a million dollars...but if you can't sell it....it's not worth a million dollars, is it?

See how an increased audience is worthless without advertisers willing to tap them?
So even if he's not lying about his audience...it doesn't matter.

Now, do you have anything ELSE you need me to explain to you?

If you hire a guy to deliver ratings, with the idea of selling the audience to your advertising clients, it doesn't matter how big your audience is, if NO ONE is willing to buy your ads.

See how that works? I mean if you have a solid nugget of shit you think is worth a million dollars...but if you can't sell it....it's not worth a million dollars, is it?

See how an increased audience is worthless without advertisers willing to tap them?

and what YOU do not comprehend, Deceptimoron, is that business is business. IF in fact his audience is growing, and IF his ratings are up, then advertisers will see that and advertise. It's a numbers game, plain and simple.

There is the Right-Wing Talkers mag, but even they don't inflate his numbers as much as he does. But a cumm that they use breaks a show into 15 minute segments, so someone listening to his whole 3 hours gets counted 12 times. His real audience is only about 2 million and not all of them are fans. On websites that don't count duplicates he only has 1 million followers and if you assume half his audience does not use a computer you get about 2 million.

audiencechart9111.jpg

Its unfair that free speech is tolerated on the airwaves.....................

A fascist "fairness doctrine" is needed to ensure objectivity

It shouldnt be left to the people to decide what they want to listen to, government bureaucrats should help..........lol

You really don't understand how radio advertising works, huh?

Talk Radio is just preaching to the choir, whether it's Rush or Ed Schultz. So conservative radio has a bigger much choir than the lib radio talking heads. What exactly does than really mean?
It's a free country, so go ahead choir members, listen away. I have no problem with that. It's free speech and isn't that what the US is all about?

and what YOU do not comprehend, Deceptimoron, is that business is business. IF in fact his audience is growing, and IF his ratings are up, then advertisers will see that and advertise. It's a numbers game, plain and simple.
Except in his time slot his audience is mostly people without jobs, a point he likes to make whenever Obama makes an announcement during his show.

April 14, 2011
RUSH: In television, primetime is 8 to 11 p.m. Eastern (7 to 10 central). That's just the way it is. In the early days of this program -- and, in fact, even before this program -- it was thought that the middle of the day was the absolute worst time to be an advertiser on radio because the only people listening were people who have no jobs, and what could they afford to buy? You know, what sponsor could they frequent?

April 14, 2011
CALLER: You know, I heard you say that Obama could not have given that speech at a primetime venue. And I think you're absolutely right about that. Most of the working class people at two o'clock in the afternoon yesterday were doing their jobs, I'm sure, and had little if no time to at least digest what he had said.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff that no one is willing to buy ad time with Rush? I listen to him almost every day and there's no fewer ads now than before this latest lefty wet dream. Yeah, some jumped off the bandwagon but others stepped right in to fill the voids.

I know it would be painful for you but tune in and listen for yourselves. For a show no one's willing to buy ads on you'll hear a hell of a lot of ads.

Forum List

Back