Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Ok, then I will cast my temp vote for Avatar; he of the changing his posts. Literally shifty.

Regards from Rosie

Shaitra played dumb last time. She didn't know nuthin'.

And it worked!

Beware the stoopid. :)

Regards from Rosie

You could have tried to drop them more hints before we killed you.

Only if I were flawlessly psychic!

The first nite I asked Wake about Blackflag! Got the verdict of innocent.

If I tried to hint strongly enuff that Blackflag should not be lynched, which no one was wont to do anyway, I would have revealed my role and Mafia would have got me.

The second nite I asked about YOU! Ask Wake.

Wake told me you were guilty as sin but nothing I could do about that since Mafia killed ME simultaneously.

Reveal what I knew about Blackflag and get killed next.

Don't reveal, since it was meaningless at that point, and wind up killed next anyway!

And I sang Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic" all the way to the Dead Zone discussion.

You are obviously NOT the Cop this time since you could have, but did not think this thru well enuff.

So my vote remains that YOU got pegged with Mafia twice in a row.

Ironic.

Regards from Rosie

Hmm, I wonder if I am on to something. I temp-voted for Ropey and he hasn't mentioned anything about getting a vote. Is he hoping I'll forget about it? Not a chance!

Vote: Ropey

Shaitra played dumb last time. She didn't know nuthin'.

And it worked!

Beware the stoopid. :)

Regards from Rosie

You could have tried to drop them more hints before we killed you.

Only if I were flawlessly psychic!

The first nite I asked Wake about Blackflag! Got the verdict of innocent.

If I tried to hint strongly enuff that Blackflag should not be lynched, which no one was wont to do anyway, I would have revealed my role and Mafia would have got me.

The second nite I asked about YOU! Ask Wake.

Wake told me you were guilty as sin but nothing I could do about that since Mafia killed ME simultaneously.

Reveal what I knew about Blackflag and get killed next.

Don't reveal, since it was meaningless at that point, and wind up killed next anyway!

And I sang Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic" all the way to the Dead Zone discussion.

You are obviously NOT the Cop this time since you could have, but did not think this thru well enuff.

So my vote remains that YOU got pegged with Mafia twice in a row.

Ironic.

Regards from Rosie

Good reason to wait till the roleblocker is dead before putting operation doctor the cop into play isn't it?

Let's teach the scum a lesson. We need to do it for the children.

I think maybe Rosie is the scum. Why else would she want to accuse an innocent like me. Just because some guy who looks and sounds like me with a similiar name killed a cop elsewhere, doesn't make me a member of the mafia.

Someone think of the children. We need to do it for them.

Avatar is still floating on his last wave and so I think that he's just feeling a bit of wannabe leader and not scum.

Shaitra wants my attention so has mentioned me, but I have a feeling that maybe more from attraction than scum detraction so I'l'l leave this line of wonder alone for now.

So, no vote, but two possible downs.

Avatar is still floating on his last wave and so I think that he's just feeling a bit of wannabe leader and not scum.

Shaitra wants my attention so has mentioned me, but I have a feeling that maybe more from attraction than scum detraction so I'l'l leave this line of wonder alone for now.

So, no vote, but two possible downs.

Don't need to be a leader. I just want to take out the scum. For the children, of course.:)

VOTE : dblack

This is a hard vote instead of a temp vote because there is very little chance of lynching anyone too early at this point and it can always be changed.

My issue with dblack is that he was online yesterday after the game started and posted several times. I know this by seeing a post in the FZ. Yet for some reason, he never came here or posted in this game. I can understand if he isn't online or like R.D. comes and tells us he isn't going to be around. But to completely avoid the game, even though he's here and posting elsewhere, and not posting at least something here in this thread, I find very unhelpful and suspicious. Therefore he gets a hard vote at this time.

Avatar, Grandma, and Mertex are giving me strong town vibes at this point. The rest, I'm not too sure about yet.

No one else is jumping out at me too strongly as either town or scum other than the 4 I mentioned but that can easily change.

OK, I am going to be working for awhile but will be back later.

By all means, if you agree or disagree, I am willing to listen.

After reading the posts up to this point my paranoid suspicion is dialed back up to eleven. I found myself reading something into just about everyone's posts. But just like last time, we're not going to have anything to go on until people start getting lynched and whacked. So if I have to take a shot in the dark, I'm going for Ropey. Probably wouldn't have taken anywhere near 10K to buy his way into a mafia role.

Vote: Ropey

I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

I totally understand about missing all the action!

Your 4pm is my 1pm .

I think Avatar may be up in the middle of the night to help with the baby.....?

Vote:Manifold

I think he's the godfather...no reasoning behind it. :D
The first one to make an accusation last time was scum.

Just an observation

Shaitra might want my attention so has possibly mentioned me for that reason, but manifold clearly wants my attention.

3 possible downs.

I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

I totally understand about missing all the action!

Your 4pm is my 1pm .

I think Avatar may be up in the middle of the night to help with the baby.....?

Vote:Manifold

I think he's the godfather...no reasoning behind it. :D
The first one to make an accusation last time was scum.

Just an observation
And very anxious, too. yep, I'm thinking MeBelle means business....and her trying to protect Avatar makes me suspicious of Avatar, too.

I'm holding off on a vote for now. It just seems too early to throw someone under the bus when some of the players haven't said anything yet. There's still plenty of time left in the day.

I will say that those of you that keep bringing up the previous game are on my list of people to keep an eye on. That game has nothing to do with this one, but it keeps getting brought up. I didn't play in that game, and since this is the first one I've been in, it gets confusing when other stuff is thrown in that doesn't belong. Maybe that's the reason some of you are doing that - to confuse others so they don't find you suspicious. Maybe you're all thinking you can keep yourselves under the radar that way. Some would probably overlook it, but not all.

Greetings all. Sorry I'm late to the show. I was thinking I'd get a PM. Anyway, catching up on thread now.

Hmm, Manifold jumps on the Ropey wagon, while Ropey doesn't seem to concerned that he's being targeted. Jumping on someone early for no good reason is definitely scummy while Ropey's lack of concern reads slightly town.

We need to play this game smart and make a plan to take out the scum.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna vote you right out....you're not fooling me no more, that sweet innocent look doesn't cut it anymore.

Okay, how do we play it smart? I thought I was so smart the last time and I got suckered into the phony sweet innocent talk. I"m all ears......:D

I think slowing down is key. We made some dumb mistakes last time that were mostly due to casting votes too quickly. The temp vote is a good way to find some consensus without committing, but it might allow the scum to steer us wrong.

One strategy suggestion that seems to have merit: when there's little else to go on, axing the better players tends to gives townies an advantage.

Hmm, Manifold jumps on the Ropey wagon, while Ropey doesn't seem to concerned that he's being targeted. Jumping on someone early for no good reason is definitely scummy while Ropey's lack of concern reads slightly town.

Actually, you kind of talked me into voting for Ropey first. I figure we have to lynch someone to get the ball rolling and he's as good a candidate as any. On the other hand I'm also wondering how much of an advantage would we be giving the mafia if we didn't lynch anybody on day one? Obviously less of an advantage than if we lynch a townie, but we also sacrifice an opportunity to really turn the tables in favor of the town should we manage to guess right and lynch scum.

I'm holding off on a vote for now. It just seems too early to throw someone under the bus when some of the players haven't said anything yet. There's still plenty of time left in the day.

I will say that those of you that keep bringing up the previous game are on my list of people to keep an eye on. That game has nothing to do with this one, but it keeps getting brought up. I didn't play in that game, and since this is the first one I've been in, it gets confusing when other stuff is thrown in that doesn't belong. Maybe that's the reason some of you are doing that - to confuse others so they don't find you suspicious. Maybe you're all thinking you can keep yourselves under the radar that way. Some would probably overlook it, but not all.

I disagree about not bringing up the events of the previous game. Looking for discrepancies in playing style could be a real 'tell'. In any case, we should learn from our mistakes. With the start we had last time, townies should have won, but we screwed the pooch in the final rounds.

Forum List

Back