Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I'm holding off on a vote for now. It just seems too early to throw someone under the bus when some of the players haven't said anything yet. There's still plenty of time left in the day.

I will say that those of you that keep bringing up the previous game are on my list of people to keep an eye on. That game has nothing to do with this one, but it keeps getting brought up. I didn't play in that game, and since this is the first one I've been in, it gets confusing when other stuff is thrown in that doesn't belong. Maybe that's the reason some of you are doing that - to confuse others so they don't find you suspicious. Maybe you're all thinking you can keep yourselves under the radar that way. Some would probably overlook it, but not all.

I disagree about not bringing up the events of the previous game. Looking for discrepancies in playing style could be a real 'tell'. In any case, we should learn from our mistakes. With the start we had last time, townies should have won, but we screwed the pooch in the final rounds.

Its key to notice but other than that I don't see much value in the past game other than to learn from my wisdom and your mistakes.;)

Ya'll keep talking. I'm taking notice of who wants to keep talking about the previous game, which, again, is not this game.

Ya'll keep talking. I'm taking notice of who wants to keep talking about the previous game, which, again, is not this game.

I agree. Just because an incredibly handsome mobster killed everyone in another town with a similar name as me doesn't mean I'm scum.

Aye, I agree, talking about the other game does not advance this one.

The more information we can gather, both about how specific people play and how to "strategerize", the better. Why would anyone want us to ignore that? Unless ... hmmm

The more information we can gather, both about how specific people play and how to "strategerize", the better. Why would anyone want us to ignore that? Unless ... hmmm

Simple ...... They're are bringing up the previous game to confuse others and to also attempt to make it look like they don't have any ill intentions in this one. Who would avoid talking about this game? Townies? Naaaaaaaah. They have nothing to hide. Why would they bring up the past? Scum have every reason to throw people off - so why not bring up a game that isn't part of this one.

We need to play this game smart and make a plan to take out the scum.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna vote you right out....you're not fooling me no more, that sweet innocent look doesn't cut it anymore.

Okay, how do we play it smart? I thought I was so smart the last time and I got suckered into the phony sweet innocent talk. I"m all ears......:D

I think slowing down is key. We made some dumb mistakes last time that were mostly due to casting votes too quickly. The temp vote is a good way to find some consensus without committing, but it might allow the scum to steer us wrong.

One strategy suggestion that seems to have merit: when there's little else to go on, axing the better players tends to gives townies an advantage.

When Russia and Germany entered Poland and killed all the intelligentsia off, it didn't give Poland much of an advantage.

Simple ...... They're are bringing up the previous game to confuse others and to also attempt to make it look like they don't have any ill intentions in this one. Who would avoid talking about this game? Townies? Naaaaaaaah. They have nothing to hide. Why would they bring up the past? Scum have every reason to throw people off - so why not bring up a game that isn't part of this one.

I think you both have valid points.

Clearly each game is unique, and who people were in the previous game has no bearing on who they are in this one. But it's also somewhat analogous to poker. Each hand is unique, but at the same time you'd be wise to remember how people have played previous hands, to the extent that you have that information.

The bottom line is anything that looks like intentional obfuscation of any kind is suspicious.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna vote you right out....you're not fooling me no more, that sweet innocent look doesn't cut it anymore.

Okay, how do we play it smart? I thought I was so smart the last time and I got suckered into the phony sweet innocent talk. I"m all ears......:D

I think slowing down is key. We made some dumb mistakes last time that were mostly due to casting votes too quickly. The temp vote is a good way to find some consensus without committing, but it might allow the scum to steer us wrong.

One strategy suggestion that seems to have merit: when there's little else to go on, axing the better players tends to gives townies an advantage.

When Russia and Germany entered Poland and killed all the intelligentsia off, it didn't give Poland much of an advantage.

Who here qualifies as intelligentsia? The cop maybe but they don't know who that is.

Clearly each game is unique, and who people were in the previous game has no bearing on who they are in this one. But it's also somewhat analogous to poker. Each hand is unique, but at the same time you'd be wise to remember how people have played previous hands, to the extent that you have that information.

The bottom line is anything that looks like intentional obfuscation of any kind is suspicious.

Precisely why I suggested we need a plan to get the scum. Because those deviating from the plan will raise our suspicions.

Precisely why I suggested we need a plan to get the scum. Because those deviating from the plan will raise our suspicions.

Which only leads to the problem of posting a plan out in the open for all involved to see. Scum will read it and know what's up, giving them an advantage.

Which only leads to the problem of posting a plan out in the open for all involved to see. Scum will read it and know what's up, giving them an advantage.

Indeed. "The best laid plans of mice and men....."

Regards from Rosie

Do you have a better idea?

Vote Count 1.1​

No Voting (9): R.D., dblack, Ropey, Avatar4321, Mertex, CafeAuLiat, RosieS, strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou

Ropey (2): Shaitra, manifold
Manifold (1): Mebelle60
Dblack (1): Wolfsister77
No Lynch (1): Grandma

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch! Lob some votes! :badgrin::D

Last edited:

Indeed. "The best laid plans of mice and men....."

Regards from Rosie

Then perhaps we should get a muppet involved.

Do you have a better idea?

For now, it's probably best to wait until after the first round is finished. At that point, we'll know whether or not a townie or scum has been eliminated. For me, some of the players haven't been posting enough yet anyway.

Who here qualifies as intelligentsia? The cop maybe but they don't know who that is.

Better players, then.

I vote Avatar.

:cool:

I don't think anyone should ignore the other game, but we do need to focus on this one IMO.

Forum List

Back