Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

CaféAuLait;9117242 said:
Thanks Grandma, I get it now.

I don't think we should go after lurkers too early. That didn't work so well last time.

I also am not going to immediately suspect Avatar because I'm thinking of the odds and how likely he will be to be scum twice in a row? I'm not saying it can't happen but it just doesn't seem as likely to me at this point. He plays the game well and could be vital to town if we hold off lynching him just because he won last time. ;)

Okay, now you are beginning to sound suspicious as mafia scum, trying to protect the Godfather or roleblocker.

Perhaps that is exactly what Wake figured, that we would not suspect Avatar because he was scum the last time....hmmmm, Wake may have thought he did such a good job the last time that he may want to see if he can do it again.... however, the first one is always just a hit or miss kind of vote, because we can't analyze their vote...all we have is their word, which is worthless since we know everyone lies.

I don't think Wake picks, he said he uses a random name generator.... so it would have to have been luck for Avi to have been picked again... wouldn't it? :eusa_shifty:

How do we know Wake is telling us the truth?

CaféAuLait;9117242 said:
Okay, now you are beginning to sound suspicious as mafia scum, trying to protect the Godfather or roleblocker.

Perhaps that is exactly what Wake figured, that we would not suspect Avatar because he was scum the last time....hmmmm, Wake may have thought he did such a good job the last time that he may want to see if he can do it again.... however, the first one is always just a hit or miss kind of vote, because we can't analyze their vote...all we have is their word, which is worthless since we know everyone lies.

I don't think Wake picks, he said he uses a random name generator.... so it would have to have been luck for Avi to have been picked again... wouldn't it? :eusa_shifty:

How do we know Wake is telling us the truth?

LOL true!

Moonglow would have lasted much longer if not for that one word.

I guess that's a lesson for everyone to pay attention to what they read and what they say.

CaféAuLait;9117219 said:
Silence is only one way to hunt for scum. You can also look at how a player says things or doesn't say something. We caught Moonglow so quickly because he said your town instead of our town for example. I don't expect it to be that easy again. :lol:

True, you and Avi were scum last time, didn't Cereal Killer catch Moon with Moon's "your town" comment?

hummmmmm 'we caught'. Does that mean you are scum again? :eek:

The last game we had two sets of Mafia, Red and Blue. Shaitra was red, had no way of knowing that Moonglow was blue mafia. She might have voted for him hoping he was a Townie, though, but he turned out to be blue mafia.

Ahhhh, that explains why Sharita and Avi were all over that post after CK caught Moon out. I get it now, they wanted to eliminate the other competition.... thought they all were in on it together. Thank you Mertex. :eusa_angel:

I'm on my phone until late Tuesday ... I hate it. I'm reading and thanking but I don't think we should take silence as scummy.

Nor do I. It didn't help the town last time

I agree as well. I'd rather watch/listen than start running my mouth out the gate. It's just the way I am. :D

CaféAuLait;9117285 said:
CaféAuLait;9117219 said:
True, you and Avi were scum last time, didn't Cereal Killer catch Moon with Moon's "your town" comment?

hummmmmm 'we caught'. Does that mean you are scum again? :eek:

The last game we had two sets of Mafia, Red and Blue. Shaitra was red, had no way of knowing that Moonglow was blue mafia. She might have voted for him hoping he was a Townie, though, but he turned out to be blue mafia.

Ahhhh, that explains why Sharita and Avi were all over that post after CK caught Moon out. I get it now, they wanted to eliminate the other competition.... thought they all were in on it together. Thank you Mertex. :eusa_angel:

Yes Mertex, being scum in the last game, I did want to lynch someone and didn't care if it was town or blue. Just as long as it wasn't red. :lol: But if Moonglow could have came back with a good explanation, or any defense at all, he might not have gotten lynched.

I'm not claiming to be the cop. I'm claiming that the cop should stay under cover until the role blocker is identified or killed. Then they can reveal themselves and be protected by the dr. He/she should also leave us hints about who they've investigated. None of us non-mafia should reveal our specific roles.

That still leaves 2 scum alive and well. Is the cop being set up?

Avatar, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Are you claiming that Avatar is scum?

I take it 'scum' refers to the mafia, correct?

I'm not claiming to be the cop. I'm claiming that the cop should stay under cover until the role blocker is identified or killed. Then they can reveal themselves and be protected by the dr. He/she should also leave us hints about who they've investigated. None of us non-mafia should reveal our specific roles.

Yes, mafia and scum are interchangeable.

Nor do I. It didn't help the town last time

I agree as well. I'd rather watch/listen than start running my mouth out the gate. It's just the way I am. :D

But how will we be able to assess if you are scum or town?

Right now, I don't see any way to know who is scum and who isn't. This just started a little while ago. Being a Sunday, let alone the weekend, some people probably aren't going to bother with checking this forum to see if the game started or not. To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

I agree with you Aye. I think anyone pushing for a quick kill is suspicious. In the beginning it is going to be tough to decide but there is absolutely no hurry.

I really have not much else to add besides what I have already and at this point no one looks suspicious to me at all.

Time will tell.

But how will we be able to assess if you are scum or town?

Right now, I don't see any way to know who is scum and who isn't. This just started a little while ago. Being a Sunday, let alone the weekend, some people probably aren't going to bother with checking this forum to see if the game started or not. To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

The very first vote is always just a guess. Nobody is going to incriminate themselves and come out and admit they are scum. We may get lucky and get a scum or we may end up killing one of our own. It's only after people start accusing others that you are going to get some feedback to try and figure out if they sound innocent or guilty. If nobody makes any assumptions, we don't get to hear their appeals.

I think Avatar is a good candidate for scum simply because he was Scum last time and played a good game and most think that he couldn't possibly be scum again. If he can make a good case as to why he isn't scum, then by all means let him do it.

I'm saying that trying to get the town cop and doctor to reveal themselves with 2 scum still active sounds pretty suspicious.

... To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

Good point. In my case what Avatar said is just too illogical, too dangerous for the town's protectors. Why should they reveal themselves with 2 scum/mafia still alive?

I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

I totally understand about missing all the action!

Your 4pm is my 1pm .

I think Avatar may be up in the middle of the night to help with the baby.....?

Vote:Manifold

I think he's the godfather...no reasoning behind it. :D

I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

I totally understand about missing all the action!

Your 4pm is my 1pm .

I think Avatar may be up in the middle of the night to help with the baby.....?

Vote:Manifold

I think he's the godfather...no reasoning behind it. :D

Mani is being awfully quiet... I might have to pencil him in, lol.

Shaitra played dumb last time. She didn't know nuthin'.

And it worked!

Beware the stoopid. :)

Regards from Rosie

If the majority of players is in favor of it, I'll not count pseudo-votes. You may bold them, too.

Also, the best way to pour on the pressure is to vex certain players. You can be as ruthless, aggressive, and thorough as you wish. Use your creativity for that.
:badgrin::D

The Cop only ever gets a result of "Innocent," or "Guilty." The Mafia Godfather always yields an "Innocent." [MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]

First Vote Count will be tallied tomorrow morning.

All roles are completely random, and being an alignment in one game has no bearing on that player's alignment in another.

Vote me off and I'll steal your Doritos. :terror:

...furthermore, basic Mafia plays includes the "FoS." The Finger of Suspicion. You can vote for someone, and point your finger at one or more other players you suspect. Finger of Suspicion: Larry, or FoS: Larry.

Finally, the Reads List. You make a list of the players you find Towniest to Scummiest. Magic happens when Townies make and compare their Reads Lists to come to better conclusions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back