Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Yankees take the series from Boston on fine work from pettit, park and Mo, 3-1 in 10 innings.

New yankee Curtiss Granderson tatooed a pabelbon pitch deep to right in the tenth to give NY the win.

Could John Sterling's pet call for Granderson's dingers be more lame? I thought the "Text message" and "Swishlicious" was a new low ... boy was I wrong.

The Yankees have all the money and the world can't they hire a decent radio broadcast team?

Man, that guy and his shrill partner are terrible.

Yankees take the series from Boston on fine work from pettit, park and Mo, 3-1 in 10 innings.

New yankee Curtiss Granderson tatooed a pabelbon pitch deep to right in the tenth to give NY the win.

Could John Sterling's pet call for Granderson's dingers be more lame? I thought the "Text message" and "Swishlicious" was a new low ... boy was I wrong.

The Yankees have all the money and the world can't they hire a decent radio broadcast team?

Man, that guy and his shrill partner are terrible.
He doesn't do TV so i don't have to hear him.

Hamels is still looking shaky out there.

He's afraid of the new pitches he worked on in the spring.

At least he had a smile on his face in the dugout after finishing up for the night.

He's gotta be willing to come at batters with something other than FB/CU. The league kind of has him figured out at this point, and he's not making good adjustments.

Otherwise, our offense is SICK.

OOPS!

ept_sports_mlb_experts-580757579-1270709836.jpg

Another year, another jersey FAIL

Just another indication that people are getting progressively dumber in America.

Early MVP and triple crown candidate - Miguel Cabrera.

8 for 14, 2 HR and 7 RBI against the Royals.

Of course, that's against the Royals... :lol:

Home Opener tomorrow with the family!!!!! :woohoo:

well been gone for a bit...but it's nice to see Baseball is in full effect!

Nothing made me happier then to see that redneck inbred fuck papsmear get lit up and get embarassed in front of his hometown.

So far so good with Granderson, but honestly I shouldn't be having chest pains for the opening series of the season...can we get the royals next year please?

So far so good with Granderson,

Have you heard Sterling's god awful gimmick call for Granderson homers yet?

but honestly I shouldn't be having chest pains for the opening series of the season...can we get the royals next year please?

Agreed. This starting the season against the Skanks is for the birds, man. Like Blue Jays or Orioles or some shit.

but honestly I shouldn't be having chest pains for the opening series of the season...can we get the royals next year please?

Agreed. This starting the season against the Skanks is for the birds, man. Like Blue Jays or Orioles or some shit.

Yeah we got the Nats, but it seems like we get them every year. We open and close against them.

MLB of course needs to do what's best for MLB, so NY/Boston it is.

Yeah we got the Nats, but it seems like we get them every year. We open and close against them.

That isn't best for baseball, the rivalry is dying from over exposure.

For years, the reds, the oldest team had the first game, a good tradition baseball burned.

I thought it sucked starting vs Boston, no drama, no buildup, nothing.

Years ago you didn't play the red sox until June, THAT was great, you couldn't wait for the BIG games.

Now its 18 times a year, ho hum.

That isn't best for baseball, the rivalry is dying from over exposure.

For years, the reds, the oldest team had the first game, a good tradition baseball burned.

I thought it sucked starting vs Boston, no drama, no buildup, nothing.

Years ago you didn't play the red sox until June, THAT was great, you couldn't wait for the BIG games.

Now its 18 times a year, ho hum.

I don't know dude, NESN had its highest opening day ratings EVER.

I don't know about YES though, but you have to expect it was pretty close to the same.

When I say what's best for MLB, I don't mean what's best for baseball fans. I mean what's best for ratings, and MONEY.

"Oooooh, Curtis, you're something sort of grandish"

yeah its pretty awful

but sterling and waldmen being awful is nothing that should surprise us

I agree with Xeno, this starting the series against Boston is pretty awful.

I enjoy the buildup to play our most heated rival we have. MLB is doing everything in their power to destroy the rivalry in my opinion

I agree with Xeno, this starting the series against Boston is pretty awful.

I enjoy the buildup to play our most heated rival we have. MLB is doing everything in their power to destroy the rivalry in my opinion

Again though, the ratings set a record.

And that's all that matters to MLB.

The fans tuned in...they showed up to the park and filled it to capacity...they bought food, beer, merch, they paid for parking, etc.

That's what it's all about at the end of the day. You can hate it all you want (and trust me, I agree with you), but you're still going to fill that stadium up every time those teams meet. And the TV ratings are still going to be high, too.

I know it's all about the ratings...and they are capitalizing on it...just sucks balls. But then again, it was nice to see papelbon get smacked around

I don't really think it takes that much away from the rivalry.

You'll all be forgetting about it in a month when the division is heating up and you're both jockeying for the top.

It's still more likely than not, to come down to the wire at the end of the season.

Forum List

Back