Odds of Chargers making the Super Bowl?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Just two more wins, and they make the Super Bowl. It is very doable, if not very likely.

They've been in playoff mode for a month plus now. So, that helps.

Also, it helps that they're playing a Denver team who they're very familiar with. Phillip Rivers has won big games in Denver before, and in cold weather.

If the Chargers make it past the Broncos, I'm even more skeptical of them beating the Pats than the Broncos. It's not that I think the Pats are better than the Broncos. It's just that a cross country cold weather game against a superior team is the type of game that the Chargers tend to be blowout prone.

However, if the Colts pull off the upset, I would very much like the Chargers chances in Indy, indoors. The Chargers can keep up with anybody in a track meet game.

Madden’s Sunday NFL preview: Chargers overmatched vs. Bengals

Bobby Bonett

January 5, 2014

When it comes to rollercoasters, John Madden would rather ride with Andy Dalton than Philip Rivers.

Thursday on Mad Dog Sports Radio’s Madden Football, Madden told Adam Schein that despite Philip Rivers’ bounce-back season in San Diego, the Bengals should take down the Chargers convincingly.

“I don’t believe that they even belong in the playoffs,” Madden said of the Chargers. “They’re a nice team, but they’re middle-of-the-road, just below [playoff-caliber]. If you have [the Chargers] at home and you pump your brakes, then you made a big, big mistake. Cincinnati should come in and just take this one over right from the start. Kansas City darn near did it with their ‘others,’ and darn near beat them.”

Madden also broke down Sunday’s late game between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers.

Madden?s Sunday NFL preview: Chargers overmatched vs. Bengals | SiriusXM Blog

Go to the linked page to listen to Madden's comments.

Last edited:
Thread title should read, odds of Chargers beating the Broncos.
Get the idea of the Chargers making the SB out of your head...........NOW!!!

Looks like the Pats will beat Indy. You know they'll be rooting for the Chargers to win tomorrow.

The Chargers at home or Broncos on the road? Talk about night and day.

Looks like the Pats will beat Indy. You know they'll be rooting for the Chargers to win tomorrow.

The Chargers being my team and all I hate to root against them but I hate the pats even more so than I do the donkeys and just liek you said,i dont see them going across country in the cold beating a superiour team in the pats if they win this game.

the chargers on the road against the pats wont fair much better than the colts did so I hope my chargers lose today.they shouldnt have been in the playoffs in the first place if not for a missed field goal kick by the chiefs two weeks ago.

the chargers are the one team that BOTH times this year caused the donkeys problems.they were the one team that was able to contorl the clock and keep Manning on the sidelines and rivers is 6-2 in his career playing in denver so they could very well cause the donkeys problems today which actually be unforunate for me.

The Chargers being my team and all I hate to root against them but I hate the pats even more so than I do the donkeys and just liek you said,i dont see them going across country in the cold beating a superiour team in the pats if they win this game.

the chargers on the road against the pats wont fair much better than the colts did so I hope my chargers lose today.they shouldnt have been in the playoffs in the first place if not for a missed field goal kick by the chiefs two weeks ago.

the chargers are the one team that BOTH times this year caused the donkeys problems.they were the one team that was able to contorl the clock and keep Manning on the sidelines and rivers is 6-2 in his career playing in denver so they could very well cause the donkeys problems today which actually be unforunate for me.

Yep. We're Socal fans. :lol: I could see rooting against the Chargers to f over the Pats. I am not rooting for Manning though. That's not much better than the Pats for me. Yes, he has some class; but he still has an ego as big as all outdoors.

Arent the SD chargers getting thier ass kicked currently?

Just two more wins, and they make the Super Bowl. It is very doable, if not very likely.

They've been in playoff mode for a month plus now. So, that helps.

Also, it helps that they're playing a Denver team who they're very familiar with. Phillip Rivers has won big games in Denver before, and in cold weather.

If the Chargers make it past the Broncos, I'm even more skeptical of them beating the Pats than the Broncos. It's not that I think the Pats are better than the Broncos. It's just that a cross country cold weather game against a superior team is the type of game that the Chargers tend to be blowout prone.

However, if the Colts pull off the upset, I would very much like the Chargers chances in Indy, indoors. The Chargers can keep up with anybody in a track meet game.

Well, sitting here watching the game and on my laptop...they aren't going to make it....they really didn't come with their A game today against the Broncos unfortunately. :(

Forum List

Back