Oddity about the movie "Stripes".

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022
Usually the leading man gets the foxy woman, but in the case of Stripes, the second banana, Harold Ramis got the better looking MP. Sean Young looked fantastic when the movie was shot in 1980. She couldn't act worth a hoot, but who cares? Whereas Bill Murray's character got PJ Soles who was 30, slightly older than Murray, and so-so looking. Ramis was 36 when the movie was made to Young's 21. Quite a gap there. I wonder who made those casting decisions and why.

Just a little anomaly I noticed.

1661357843072.png

Last edited:
I think he wrote and co-directed the movie that led a generation of dumbasses into thinking the army was a barrel of laughs and pussy.

Usually the leading man gets the foxy woman, but in the case of Stripes, the second banana, Harold Ramis got the better looking MP. Sean Young looked fantastic when the movie was shot in 1980. She couldn't act worth a hoot, but who cares? Whereas Bill Murray's character got PJ Soles who was 30, slightly older than Murray, and so-so looking. Ramis was 36 when the movie was made to Young's 21. Quite a gap there. I wonder who made those casting decisions and why.

I wish I led a life where something like this was the most pressing issue which might vex me...

I think he wrote and co-directed the movie that led a generation of dumbasses into thinking the army was a barrel of laughs and pussy.

That's exactly what the Army is—until it isn't; 75% soul crushing boredom and Def Leppard concerts, followed by 20% spent hurrying up and waiting, with about 5% sheer terror mixed in for kicks and laughs. There's an enemy out there, somewhere, rest assured. In the Army you will meet him—eventually. In the meantime, double time it fast as you can . . . to nowhere, to do nothing.

The only thing I noticed in that movie was how archaic and out of date our military equipment was in 1980, when that movie was made.

Jimmy Carter was President then, so that explains everything.

The only thing I noticed in that movie was how archaic and out of date our military equipment was in 1980, when that movie was made.

Jimmy Carter was President then, so that explains everything.
Yeah, but when we found out how much more fucked up the soviet shit was and that with the Pershings we could have waltzed to the Khasan - Train station Primorskiy kray in 1995 from the Fulda Gap in about 6 months.

That's exactly what the Army is—until it isn't; 75% soul crushing boredom and Def Leppard concerts, followed by 20% spent hurrying up and waiting, with about 5% sheer terror mixed in for kicks and laughs. There's an enemy out there, somewhere, rest assured. In the Army you will meet him—eventually. In the meantime, double time it fast as you can . . . to nowhere, to do nothing.
I know, I was one of those dumasses. I served my time doing useless busywork then I got out and found something productive to do.

View attachment 686585
I think it was the blonde thing. But yes Sean Young was way hotter. Check out The Boost.

I took basic in 1982 on Fort Knox where the movie was shot and then spent two years in Germany. There was some hard work and sleeping in snow but also plenty of laughs and a decent amount of pussy. You had to get used to hairy armpits but the girls weren't inhibited as Americans were in those days.

I think it was the blonde thing. But yes Sean Young was way hotter. Check out The Boost.

I took basic in 1982 on Fort Knox where the movie was shot and then spent two years in Germany. There was some hard work and sleeping in snow but also plenty of laughs and a decent amount of pussy. You had to get used to hairy armpits but the girls weren't inhibited as Americans were in those days.
I ended up at Ft. Campbell KY. Never figured out why the town hated soldiers so much. We were not really welcome anywhere. Miserable place.

I was at basic in Knox in 2003 and there were still some of those old structures left. They were not occupied or used but I recall that.

Forum List

Back