Oddball's Totally Awesome Paragliding Thread

corinne-sexy.jpg

My tin-foil pea-sized testicles would expload if I was to subject my chicken-assed self to this kind of an "event". I do not have the bowling-ball size brass testicles it takes to go paragliding. It just isn't in me. I have gone down a quarter-mile drag strip at 189 mph but I was secure in knowing that if there was a problem I would probably just skid half-way across the county before I either stopped or would stop a little quicker if I hit a tree or something! This paragliding thing though is way beyond that... I have sperm cells passing out from fear just because I watched the video. No doubt. You are 'da man, Dude. You 'da man.

I took it up after taking three skydives and finding that the canopy ride was the most fun part.

Now tell me why anybody would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Same thing goes with going swimming with weights tied around your waist. Logically, neither of these "computes" as Spock used to say.:lol:

Well, I was assured that the skydiving outfit I trained with didn't have any perfectly good airplanes.

In fact, when our class was doing dress rehearsals near the aircraft, I discovered that there were some loose parts hanging off the main gear hub.

Well, I was assured that the skydiving outfit I trained with didn't have any perfectly good airplanes.

In fact, when our class was doing dress rehearsals near the aircraft, I discovered that there were some loose parts hanging off the main gear hub.

I used to do a lot of flying back in my old Navy days. You could look out the window and see oil dripping out of the engines on some of the prop things I used to fly in. I asked an air crew member once about the oil leaks. He said there was no problem unless you looked out and it was no longer leaking oil - that would mean the engine was all out of oil. I'm not sure I like that philosopy now that I'm older and look back on it!:eek:

Was a great day...Was cool listening to the Vikes game wile cruising around airborne.

Started sprinkling late.

A spectator took a short digital vid of my last landing and said that they'd e-mail it to me. I'll post it if they do.

The video is in...It's in MP4 format....Anyone have any idea how I can post it?

:)

Reminds me of my younger, wilder days, para sailing off buildings.

A couple of police agencies probably sold my equipment at auction.

Pretty much.

The differences are that a hang glider has a rigid frame where a paraglider is a canopy that fills with ram air. Hence a hang glider can go faster, has far better wind penetration and can attain faster ground speeds.

Forum List

Back