Occupy Wall Street Website: “Stop Listing Demands” We Look Like Complete Imbeciles

Beyond Wall Street: 'Occupy' protests go global - CNN.com

Inspired by the Arab Spring, the movement is going global.

:clap2:
yes sir. leave it to a useful idiot to cheer on a murderous violent religious sect's attempt to spread over the world... then model themselves after them.

And the Occupados wonder why the rest of humanity (the sane majority) think they're blithering morons.

I do like how uncomfortable the apologists are.

:lol:
Truth and liberty were never meant to be comfortable but to be defended.

As nobody knows what you want, it's sort of hard to really say much of anything about you and just go with how idiotic they look on the street.

Try to discredit them? They seem to be doing fine at that, all by themselves; all we're doing is spreading the word. Uncomfortable? It's the Obamabots doing the squirming now; they orchestrated this, their cover is blown, and this is going to blow up in their faces. Of course we are going to help make certain it does. All we're doing is pointing out the truth, and exposing the rather transparent connection between these "spontaneous protestors" and the Obama campaign's operatives and financial enablers.

Try to discredit them? They seem to be doing fine at that, all by themselves; all we're doing is spreading the word. Uncomfortable? It's the Obamabots doing the squirming now; they orchestrated this, their cover is blown, and this is going to blow up in their faces. Of course we are going to help make certain it does. All we're doing is pointing out the truth, and exposing the rather transparent connection between these "spontaneous protestors" and the Obama campaign's operatives and financial enablers.
From the Bottom up...top down. By design.

As it turns out, the workers on Wall Street are beginning to object to the protests. As we now know that the occupiers are just fronts for the DNC funded by Moveon.org, this has the potential to turn into a real civil war.

I hope.

This is a front to divert attention from Obama and his policies. It is a campaign year and getting even closer to an election year. Gotta get those eyes off the ball somehow.

As nobody knows what you want, it's sort of hard to really say much of anything about you and just go with how idiotic they look on the street.

Wow how out of touch with reality some people are..So you have no clue as to why the OWS protests are taking place? :lol:
Then you probably don't know about the economy, the trillions in bailouts and the bonuses paid to executives....the list goes on..

Then there are those that don't even think for themselves, and depend on the MSM to tell them how to, so they regurgitate the DC and media propaganda that are trying to claim that the protesters are really working for George Soros and are trying to establish a totalitarian dictatorship under Obama. :lol:

Use at least a little common sense. Who benefits by scaring you away from supporting the OWS or OAM movement? Obama and the existing totalitarian government.
Why would protesters marching against financial totalitarianism of the Federal Reserve call for more totalitarianism under a President who failed to keep his promises to reverse the economic course of the nation?

This appears to be the current White House and media spin to sabotage public support for the OWS/OAM protests.
The claim that Soros is behind OWS/OAM also makes no sense. Revolutions are not started by the people for whom the old corrupt system works. Revolutions are started by the people for whom the old corrupt system has failed.

Have you seen or heard of the latest Obama approval polls? Not very good to say the least, and is why he would now try to attach himself to these movements.
People are mad and they are protesting against the system and lack of accountability of Wall street, and government, but also are protesting against a private central bank system which operates as a pyramid scheme and which by design creates more debt than currency, through which the wealth disparity was forced upon us all without our consent.
The protesters are protesting the US Government's cover-up of the mortgage-backed securities fraud, the biggest financial swindle in history, which when it collapsed, wrecked the economy. Compounding that crisis was the decision by the US Government to deal with the fraud not by jailing the fraudsters, but by looting the American people to the tune of $27 trillion to hand Wall Street the cash to but back all the fraudulent securities from the numerous overseas banks and investors suckered into the scam.
Obama hasn't done a damned thing he said he would do.
Anyone wanting to continue to have this man as their president is stupid. People not aware of the issues going on around them are just the kind of idiots Obama Democrats and the Boner/Cantor Republicans have in abundance in this thread.

Seriously how many "Obama again in 2012" or other signs of support have you people seen at these protests?
Get your heads out of your asses, and away from the MSM BS, and learn about what the issues and the discourse is really all about.

Last edited:
As it turns out, the workers on Wall Street are beginning to object to the protests. As we now know that the occupiers are just fronts for the DNC funded by Moveon.org, this has the potential to turn into a real civil war.

I hope.

This is a front to divert attention from Obama and his policies. It is a campaign year and getting even closer to an election year. Gotta get those eyes off the ball somehow.

These people obviouosly are long term unemployed and are disgruntled because their 99 weeks of extended unemployment insurance has expired, they have no marketable skills, and what little they saved for a rainy day was unwisely placed into high risk funds.

They all should be pressed into the Navy and given jobs peeling potatos and swabbing the deck while singing the "Hope and Change" song to the tune of "Swing Low. Sweet Chariot."

Last edited:
Try to discredit the protests, step one for the apologists.

Wow how out of touch with reality some people are..So you have no clue as to why the OWS protests are taking place? :lol:
Then you probably don't know about the economy, the trillions in bailouts and the bonuses paid to executives....the list goes on..

Then there are those that don't even think for themselves, and depend on the MSM to tell them how to, so they regurgitate the DC and media propaganda that are trying to claim that the protesters are really working for George Soros and are trying to establish a totalitarian dictatorship under Obama. :lol:

Use at least a little common sense. Who benefits by scaring you away from supporting the OWS or OAM movement? Obama and the existing totalitarian government.
Why would protesters marching against financial totalitarianism of the Federal Reserve call for more totalitarianism under a President who failed to keep his promises to reverse the economic course of the nation?

This appears to be the current White House and media spin to sabotage public support for the OWS/OAM protests.
The claim that Soros is behind OWS/OAM also makes no sense. Revolutions are not started by the people for whom the old corrupt system works. Revolutions are started by the people for whom the old corrupt system has failed.

Have you seen or heard of the latest Obama approval polls? Not very good to say the least, and is why he would now try to attach himself to these movements.
People are mad and they are protesting against the system and lack of accountability of Wall street, and government, but also are protesting against a private central bank system which operates as a pyramid scheme and which by design creates more debt than currency, through which the wealth disparity was forced upon us all without our consent.
The protesters are protesting the US Government's cover-up of the mortgage-backed securities fraud, the biggest financial swindle in history, which when it collapsed, wrecked the economy. Compounding that crisis was the decision by the US Government to deal with the fraud not by jailing the fraudsters, but by looting the American people to the tune of $27 trillion to hand Wall Street the cash to but back all the fraudulent securities from the numerous overseas banks and investors suckered into the scam.
Obama hasn't done a damned thing he said he would do.
Anyone wanting to continue to have this man as their president is stupid. People not aware of the issues going on around them are just the kind of idiots Obama Democrats and the Boner/Cantor Republicans have in abundance in this thread.
Well, you're assuming a lot about me and my knowledge base without any foundation. That doesn't really serve anyone personally too well., but to each his own.

So, as I asked another about this and he did tell me what HE thought the OWS was all about, I have nothing but his typed words telling me - nothing of authentic nature that it is what OWS is all about.

But, that is just the typed words of an anonymous poster.

Not that I don't believe HIM, but maybe YOU can direct me to a list of what the OWS wants, what their grievances are, and what they think should be done.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I hope.

These people obviouosly are long term unemployed and are disgruntled because their 99 weeks of extended unemployment insurance has expired, they have no marketable skills, and what little they saved for a rainy day was unwisely placed into high risk funds.

They all should be pressed into the Navy and given jobs peeling potatos and swabbing the deck while singing the "Hope and Change" song to the tune of "Swing Low. Sweet Chariot."
Conscription fro a couple years would be a wonderful idea. It would open thier eyes to the real world.

Conscription fro a couple years would be a wonderful idea. It would open thier eyes to the real world.

So the proponents of smaller government want forced conscriptions?

I thought the government didn't provide jobs.

Discredit the process????? Try expose the process so people know what shit's being shoveled on them and who to rightly blame when they get sick of it.

Nic Dumbfuck said:
Quote: Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Quote: Originally Posted by Nic_Driver
Beyond Wall Street: 'Occupy' protests go global - CNN.com

Quote:
"Occupy Wall Street" began on September 17 and is now spreading to cities across the U.S. The demonstrations, inspired by the Arab Spring protest movement, are against economic inequality and power vested in the top 1% income earners. Its rallying cry, "We are the 99 percent," is now being picked up by groups around the globe.

Inspired by the Arab Spring, the movement is going global.

:clap2:

yes sir. leave it to a useful idiot to cheer on a murderous violent religious sect's attempt to spread over the world... then model themselves after them.

And the Occupados wonder why the rest of humanity (the sane majority) think they're blithering morons.

I do like how uncomfortable the apologists are.

1. What am I an apologist for?

2. Why do I not feel uncomfortable?

3. You really think that if you get what you wish, your new masters will let a cultural backstabber like yourself run free? Shit, you're busy betraying one nation, why'd they trust you with theirs?

4. Look into what happened to the brownshirts on the Night of the Long Knives. All you need is fucking lederhosen, a haircut and less pot and you'd fit right in.

You claim your opponents are nervous. What you're misinterpreting is disgust.

So you have no clue as to why the OWS protests are taking place?

Beeeeecause... ummm... astroturfing organizations like the Tides Foundation, SEIU, ACORN and other incestuous radical leftwing fucktards started a TWITter and Facebook campaign about how like totally uncool Wall Street is.

And now allow me to channel an (non shill, non professional protestor spin merchant image consultant) average protester for you.

and it'd be like... awesome if they could like... ummm... hold on... need a hit... >pfffffffffft.... pfooooooohhhh<

umm... like go hang out down there and tell people off and watch em freak out, man. Yeah. Like that. Ohh! And we'll like get to chant shit too with celebrities like Susan Sarandon and Russell Simmons and my philosophy professor Cornel West who's gonna tell us what the shit REALLY is like in the world, man! Yeah, and then when my parents die like when I'm 40, and I have to move out cuz the next people won't let me live there and play X-Box all day long anymore, I won't be surprised.

Yeah... Get those fat cat wall street bankers, man! Yeah!! Take em out and take their shit! We're like 99% of the world man! Whoooooo!!!! Power up man! Give us our shit that you stole, man! Fucking BANKERS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry dude... news cameras went by and that dude over there said whenever we saw them, we're supposed to scream and be all rowdy or we won't get our free pizza and stuff.

This is fucking awesome. Like when they brought back Woodstock, except the music sucks.

Last edited:

And defending your nation and Liberty is a bad thing? really? I said it would be a good idea. Do you have a problem with defending this nation?

Being in the Military would surely open your spoiled brat eyes to reality. Can't have that, now can we?

No, the government doesn't produce WEALTH. Jobs it creates are more costly and less effective than private sector jobs. Money to pay them must come from someone that PRODUCES, which government does not do.

Here's an analogy you may understand on how government wastes economic activity.

Think of government as the little generator on your bicycle as you ride along and ring your little bell in the evening. When you flip on the generator to the wheel, it gets harder to pedal your bike and you can't coast as far because you are using your momentum and energy to make electricity to light your way so you can get home from your paper route where you earned a $20/hr min wage job. :rolleyes: You're such a trooper.

Now, the bigger the generator to get a bigger light so you can see farther and be seen requires more energy, and you have to pump harder, and cost less far, and so forth. Every little service government provides is like adding wattage to that bulb you want to light. You can keep putting on brighter and brighter lights with bigger and bigger generator needs till you can't move the bike at all and fall over and scrape your knee making you cry right up until the moment that semi runs you down because he couldn't see your pathetic little form on the dark street till it was tooooooo late!

Did the generator do work? you bet it did! Lots of it. Did it help you get papers delivered faster? Well, it helped you get the job done because it allowed you to see, but faster? No... not really. AND you're more tired than if you wouldn't have had it at all.

But how about if you had bought a nice private sector light that was run on batteries? Well then! You'd not have wasted any of your energy getting tired by pumping so hard, you could maybe have stayed out later and done more deliveries and made more money making buying batteries for the light a smaller impact to your wallet still! But no... you wanted a big bright light with a big generator.

... and now you're smooshed by a semi and caught in it's mudflaps like a possum who fainted instead of ran.

that's why government jobs suck compared to private sector jobs.

And defending your nation and Liberty is a bad thing? really? I said it would be a good idea. Do you have a problem with defending this nation?

Ahhh, now the appeal to Nationalism, good move and just in time.

I thought 'true conservatives' were opposed to big government intrusion along with their claim that the government doesn't provide jobs, oh well.

I guess as long as it serves your purpose right?

Ahhh, now the appeal to Nationalism, good move and just in time.

I thought 'true conservatives' were opposed to big government intrusion along with their claim that the government doesn't provide jobs, oh well.

I guess as long as it serves your purpose right?

I am curious...

Why must you spin when you debate?

Is it becuase you are not confident in the position you defend?

Op-Ed Columnist
Confronting the Malefactors
By PAUL KRUGMAN
Published: October 6, 2011
Twitter
Linkedin

comments (477)
Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Reprints

CloseDiggMySpaceRedditTumblrPermalinkThere’s something happening here. What it is ain’t exactly clear, but we may, at long last, be seeing the rise of a popular movement that, unlike the Tea Party, is angry at the right people.

Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times
Paul Krugman

Go to Columnist Page »Blog: The Conscience of a Liberal
Related News
Protests Offer Obama Opportunity to Gain, and Room for Pitfalls (October 7, 2011)
Times Topic: Occupy Wall Street (Wall St. Protests, 2011)
Related in Opinion
Op-Ed Contributor: Occupied Wall Street, Seen From Abroad (October 6, 2011)
Room For Debate
Is It Effective to Occupy Wall Street?
The protesters are getting more attention and expanding outside New York. What are they doing right, and what are they missing?
Readers’ Comments
"Power to the people. The little people."
George Hoffman, Stow, Ohio

Read Full Comment »
When the Occupy Wall Street protests began three weeks ago, most news organizations were derisive if they deigned to mention the events at all. For example, nine days into the protests, National Public Radio had provided no coverage whatsoever.

It is, therefore, a testament to the passion of those involved that the protests not only continued but grew, eventually becoming too big to ignore. With unions and a growing number of Democrats now expressing at least qualified support for the protesters, Occupy Wall Street is starting to look like an important event that might even eventually be seen as a turning point.

What can we say about the protests? First things first: The protesters’ indictment of Wall Street as a destructive force, economically and politically, is completely right.

A weary cynicism, a belief that justice will never get served, has taken over much of our political debate — and, yes, I myself have sometimes succumbed. In the process, it has been easy to forget just how outrageous the story of our economic woes really is. So, in case you’ve forgotten, it was a play in three acts.

In the first act, bankers took advantage of deregulation to run wild (and pay themselves princely sums), inflating huge bubbles through reckless lending. In the second act, the bubbles burst — but bankers were bailed out by taxpayers, with remarkably few strings attached, even as ordinary workers continued to suffer the consequences of the bankers’ sins. And, in the third act, bankers showed their gratitude by turning on the people who had saved them, throwing their support — and the wealth they still possessed thanks to the bailouts — behind politicians who promised to keep their taxes low and dismantle the mild regulations erected in the aftermath of the crisis.

Given this history, how can you not applaud the protesters for finally taking a stand?

Now, it’s true that some of the protesters are oddly dressed or have silly-sounding slogans, which is inevitable given the open character of the events. But so what? I, at least, am a lot more offended by the sight of exquisitely tailored plutocrats, who owe their continued wealth to government guarantees, whining that President Obama has said mean things about them than I am by the sight of ragtag young people denouncing consumerism.

Bear in mind, too, that experience has made it painfully clear that men in suits not only don’t have any monopoly on wisdom, they have very little wisdom to offer. When talking heads on, say, CNBC mock the protesters as unserious, remember how many serious people assured us that there was no housing bubble, that Alan Greenspan was an oracle and that budget deficits would send interest rates soaring.

A better critique of the protests is the absence of specific policy demands. It would probably be helpful if protesters could agree on at least a few main policy changes they would like to see enacted. But we shouldn’t make too much of the lack of specifics. It’s clear what kinds of things the Occupy Wall Street demonstrators want, and it’s really the job of policy intellectuals and politicians to fill in the details.

Rich Yeselson, a veteran organizer and historian of social movements, has suggested that debt relief for working Americans become a central plank of the protests. I’ll second that, because such relief, in addition to serving economic justice, could do a lot to help the economy recover. I’d suggest that protesters also demand infrastructure investment — not more tax cuts — to help create jobs. Neither proposal is going to become law in the current political climate, but the whole point of the protests is to change that political climate.

And there are real political opportunities here. Not, of course, for today’s Republicans, who instinctively side with those Theodore Roosevelt-dubbed “malefactors of great wealth.” Mitt Romney, for example — who, by the way, probably pays less of his income in taxes than many middle-class Americans — was quick to condemn the protests as “class warfare.”

But Democrats are being given what amounts to a second chance. The Obama administration squandered a lot of potential good will early on by adopting banker-friendly policies that failed to deliver economic recovery even as bankers repaid the favor by turning on the president. Now, however, Mr. Obama’s party has a chance for a do-over. All it has to do is take these protests as seriously as they deserve to be taken.

And if the protests goad some politicians into doing what they should have been doing all along, Occupy Wall Street will have been a smashing success.

Forum List

Back