Occupy Donations Buy Out Student Debt And Forgives It

How about funding higher ed via the states so that there was no insane debt to begin with?

Why should other people pay for your adult education?

Because America is ...yanno fuck it, you guys dont give a shit about America you just like the flag colors
You didn't answer the question.

To make America better and instead of having to ship in talent from other countries we can invest in our people and future.

I said this before and the response was just "what about MEEEEE??"

So we keep out people who can support themselves and give free access to the ones who can't, and that makes us better how?

Because America is ...yanno fuck it, you guys dont give a shit about America you just like the flag colors

How many people have you written a check to help pay off their student loans, troll?

Billions.

Is this your response to everything? Asking someone on the internet to fix the nations problems with a check?
Correct. You lefties are so intent on spending other people's money to feed your causes. Yet you never initiate by taking out your own checkbook.
Why is that?

Because one person with a bucket cant stop a flood. So my check alone wont help anything

So you don't bother. I hope you don't vote for the same reason...

To make America better and instead of having to ship in talent from other countries we can invest in our people and future.

Still, this investment can be done on a free choice basis, by setting up a system where people can choose which parties programs they want to invest their taxdollars into.

So if you choose universal coverage, and don't care to regulate it as much, pay your money there.

If you want greater levels of accountability on how people get their education through sustainable work-study programs where the money can be paid back to cover the next generation of education, internships and scholarships,
then you invest in THAT program.

So instead of fighting over terms, you do as Occupy did and set up the terms YOU agree to fund and manage.
and let other groups do the same with their standards and the populations or members they agree to fund.

There does NOT have to be a one -size fits all policy. Just make a general policy and delegate
the rest to local states, schools, nonprofits, businesses, etc. to organize their own resources
and populations to cover education in the most cost-effective and sustainable way THOSE members AGREE to pay for.

Because one person with a bucket cant stop a flood. So my check alone wont help anything

So set up a means that WILL work.

How about microlending instead of handouts?

What about integrating education and training into paid internships and jobs
that pay off the cost of the schooling at the same time the person is trained
in the services rendered to the public, but safely under supervision as part of the program?

What about investing money into buying land to set up localized schools,
again by microlending and not handouts, so that the financial mgmt and community development is part of the training?

If you don't agree with pouring money into program that doesn't address the root issue,
where CAN you invest your money that does focus on teaching people to become
independent including paying BACK the loans so these are invested in the next students?

Is it? So, just so we are clear, we want to make sure that only the elite have access to an education. Because that is where we are at.
From Master Plan to No Plan The Slow Death of Public Higher Education Dissent Magazine

Yes, well, you can blame the Democratic Party for that.

Or do you just want to make sure that now that you got yours that nobody else can get theirs?

A. I don't give a fuck what other people get or don't get. My family is my priority, not yours. It's a semi-free country and nobody here is prevented from succeeding if they get off their ass and make it happen. They also have the option of sitting around all day making excuses like you.

B. Why do you assume someone needs a Bachelor's Degree to be successful?

No. I don't get to just blame the Democratic party for that.

Oh, yeah, you sure do. Academia is overwhelmingly leftist and they are the ones constantly hiking up tuition. Funny how you never see Occupy protesting Big Education. Second, it is the Democrats in Congress who constantly want to increase the loan amounts available to students and lower the interest rates, the very act that has resulted in higher tuition. Schools will keep raising the rates as long the kids can keep borrowing the money. YOU are the ones who are making it so that only the elites can get a secondary education.

I don't give a fuck if your family gets shit either. Is that what you want to hear?

Yes, it is, because this is a country built on INDIVIDUAL liberties, not collective. You're responsible for your own lot in life. If you want to voluntarily help others with a hand up that's fine too, but what you want is to force others to do it and that's immoral.

Nobody is making excuses. Pay attention.

And yet, that's all I hear.

And B. Nobody said anything about the inability to be successful without a degree. You made that shit up to be a dick. Yay you!

So when you made your comment about only the elites being able to get an education you weren't inferring that you need an education to be successful. Okay, if you say so.

But does anyone grasp the hypocrisy in this grandstanding gesture by Occupy WallStreet?
NOT one dollar collected went to where the real expenses i.e. police overtime, destroyed property,etc.. something like nearly $20 million!
How about
In lower Manhattan, business owners are fighting back. Having been forced to endure nearly half a million dollars in lost revenue, they are planning to stage a counter-protest. At 5 pm, they will gather on the steps of City Hall to speak out against the “Occupy Wall Street” tent city, which has remained in Zuccotti Park for nearly two months.
New York Business Owners to Counter-Protest Occupy Wall Street
Did anyone from Occupy Wallstreet offer these business owners that lost nearly $500,000?

How about funding higher ed via the states so that there was no insane debt to begin with?

You're definition of "investing" is stealing from someone else.

How many people have you written a check to help pay off their student loans, troll?

Billions.

Is this your response to everything? Asking someone on the internet to fix the nations problems with a check?
Correct. You lefties are so intent on spending other people's money to feed your causes. Yet you never initiate by taking out your own checkbook.
Why is that?

Sure it would. If every Marxist like yourself put your money where your mouth is it would go a long way, but as stated before, you guys are the last ones to be charitable. What you want is everyone else to contribute to the causes you believe in.

Is it? So, just so we are clear, we want to make sure that only the elite have access to an education. Because that is where we are at.
From Master Plan to No Plan The Slow Death of Public Higher Education Dissent Magazine

Yes, well, you can blame the Democratic Party for that.

Or do you just want to make sure that now that you got yours that nobody else can get theirs?

A. I don't give a fuck what other people get or don't get. My family is my priority, not yours. It's a semi-free country and nobody here is prevented from succeeding if they get off their ass and make it happen. They also have the option of sitting around all day making excuses like you.

B. Why do you assume someone needs a Bachelor's Degree to be successful?

No. I don't get to just blame the Democratic party for that.

Oh, yeah, you sure do. Academia is overwhelmingly leftist and they are the ones constantly hiking up tuition. Funny how you never see Occupy protesting Big Education. Second, it is the Democrats in Congress who constantly want to increase the loan amounts available to students and lower the interest rates, the very act that has resulted in higher tuition. Schools will keep raising the rates as long the kids can keep borrowing the money. YOU are the ones who are making it so that only the elites can get a secondary education.

I don't give a fuck if your family gets shit either. Is that what you want to hear?

Yes, it is, because this is a country built on INDIVIDUAL liberties, not collective. You're responsible for your own lot in life. If you want to voluntarily help others with a hand up that's fine too, but what you want is to force others to do it and that's immoral.

Nobody is making excuses. Pay attention.

And yet, that's all I hear.

And B. Nobody said anything about the inability to be successful without a degree. You made that shit up to be a dick. Yay you!

So when you made your comment about only the elites being able to get an education you weren't inferring that you need an education to be successful. Okay, if you say so.

Jefferson

Search Jefferson Quotes Family Letters

Report of the Commissioners for the University of Virginia a machine-readable transcription

Madison
Epilogue Securing the Republic James Madison to W. T. Barry

Thomas Paine (posted so that you don't have to hunt for it)
After all the above cases are provided for there will still be a number of families who, though not properly of the class of poor, yet find it difficult to give education to their children; and such children, under such a case, would be in a worse condition than if their parents were actually poor. A nation under a well-regulated government should permit none to remain uninstructed. It is monarchical and aristocratical government only that requires ignorance for its support.
Thomas Paine Rights of Man Part 2

Shall I go on? Or are you getting the drift of where the founders were actually at? What is flat out immoral is you willingly, consciously and knowingly pretending that this did not exist to support your political ideology.

Now, at no point in time does any of the above indicate that one is not responsible for themselves. Further, at no point in time has anything that I have written inferred that the only road to success is via the university. In fact, the for profit schools that were mentioned initially are supposed to be trade schools. Furthermore, the funding is slashed via the states. Thus, you would look at the governors and state legislatures.

You have nothing, zilch, nada, negative, zip, and zero. Funny, that is exactly what you had before.

Last edited:
Words,words,words!!!
Fact is where was the compensation for the businesses, the police overtime,the traffic disruptions all the results of these idiot anarchists?
Talk a good game like Obama ...i.e. "Brother's keeper program" while HIS OWN brother lives in a $12/year hut!
All talk!

Words,words,words!!!
Fact is where was the compensation for the businesses, the police overtime,the traffic disruptions all the results of these idiot anarchists?
Talk a good game like Obama ...i.e. "Brother's keeper program" while HIS OWN brother lives in a $12/year hut!
All talk!

What are you blithering on about now?

Yeah you seem to believe that any program that citizens pay into to make where you live a better place as "stealing" so your bullshit dont fly here. Unless you advocate no taxes...which you dont. So you arent against stealing just what to steal for

Billions.

Why is that?

Sure it would. If every Marxist like yourself put your money where your mouth is it would go a long way, but as stated before, you guys are the last ones to be charitable. What you want is everyone else to contribute to the causes you believe in.

What is this "everyone ELSE" crap you keep repeating? Is there something about All Americans thats confusing you?

Yeah you seem to believe that any program that citizens pay into to make where you live a better place as "stealing" so your bullshit dont fly here. Unless you advocate no taxes...which you dont. So you arent against stealing just what to steal for

Once again the brain dead left. If we want roads and police, then all our money isn't the States to confiscate and redistribute at wiill, there is nothing in the middle of which you can conceive. Anarchy or authoritarian leftism, those are our choices. Yes, quite a brainiac you are. Too bad Einstein beat you to the theory of relativity.

Once again the brain dead left. If we want roads and police, then all our money isn't the States to confiscate and redistribute at wiill,

Like I said all taxes to you guys is deemed "stealing" but you dont want to end "stealing" you just want the "stealing" to go to things you yourself want them too.

Once again the brain dead left. If we want roads and police, then all our money isn't the States to confiscate and redistribute at wiill,

Like I said all taxes to you guys is deemed "stealing" but you dont want to end "stealing" you just want the "stealing" to go to things you yourself want them too.

:laugh2:

Small government libertarians are anarchists, I never get tired of that joke, funny stuff. I've started thread after thread on the difference between small government libertarians and anarchists that you've posted in, do you really not have long term memory? Just curious.

BTW, I feel no closer to anarchist than Marxists. You are both delusional. I like them better, at least they respect my liberty. But what they want would lead to a world as bad as what you want.

If you believe this about these "occupiers" of other people property to PROTEST and cause damage to their business.

then you better believe I'm the Queen of England

this IS all a STUNT

THEY ARE DESPERATE

:laugh2:

Small government libertarians are anarchists, I never get tired of that joke, funny stuff. I've started thread after thread on the difference between small government libertarians and anarchists that you've posted in, do you really not have long term memory? Just curious.

BTW, I feel no closer to anarchist than Marxists. You are both delusional. I like them better, at least they respect my liberty. But what they want would lead to a world as bad as what you want.

If you ever address any point and put down the label maker we could have a real conversation

Forum List

Back