Ocasio-Cortez defends $40 trillion price tag for progressive proposals

'Progressive Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Sunday defended what could accrue to a $40 trillion price tag for progressive policy programs, including Medicare for all, over the next 10 years, citing the success in some European countries that have similarly developed health care models.

CNN "State of the Union" anchor Jake Tapper asked where that estimated $40 trillion -- which would include the costs for Medicare for all, jobs guarantees, student loan forgiveness, free college programs, paid family leave, and Social Security expansion -- would come from. Medicare for all would be the costliest initiative, coming in at about $32 trillion, according to the Mercatus Center, a free market-oriented think tank at George Mason University, as well as an earlier study by the Urban Institute's Health Policy Center.'

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defends $40 trillion price tag for progressive proposals - CNNPolitics

Two thoughts.

1) Dang...she is good looking (especially for a politician) and seems to have her heart in the right place.

2) SHE IS OUT OF HER MIND on this.

$4 TRILLION per year for 10 years?!?

Now, I personally do not think Medicare will cost that much (about $10,000 per person? It only costs about $5,000 per person in Canada) - though it will still cost TONS. But I at least get that part. I personally am for full healthcare coverage for children. But it HAS to be two-tiered - full Medicare for the poor and private healthcare for everyone else.

But just the rest will add $800 billion to the budget every year.

There is no frigging way she will be able to raise that just through more taxes on the rich and higher corporate taxes...not without driving business out of America.

This is progressivism at it's worst...nice, pie-in-the-sky ideas but no remote ideas as to how to pay for them.

And in the above linked interview...she gave no clue WHATSOEVER of how she was going to pay for it (in remotely practical ways).
Let's end the drug war;

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for being naturally unemployed in our at-will employment States, along with Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

Danny says....
”we need to pay $15 per hour to wetbacks and other low iQ filth to work brainless jobs or to sit at home and smoke weed....AND we need to automate industry to reduce the number of humans needed within the workforce so we can pay more in welfare benefits.”
He says it in every single post he posts. That makes him a spammer!
it makes You, ignorant if you cannot debate any issues.
You are a one trick pony. You cannot debate issues!
LOL. You simply don't understand the issues; I only repeat my argument, because you all have no rebuttals. You already lost and don't know it.

Let's end the drug war;

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for being naturally unemployed in our at-will employment States, along with Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

Danny says....
”we need to pay $15 per hour to wetbacks and other low iQ filth to work brainless jobs or to sit at home and smoke weed....AND we need to automate industry to reduce the number of humans needed within the workforce so we can pay more in welfare benefits.”
LOL. You simply don't understand the issues; I only repeat my argument, because you all have no rebuttals. You already lost and don't know it.
If no one replies if is because you have nothing. Especially credibility!

Danny says....
lol. it doesn't work that way. if no one replies, it means I have the best argument, You All right wingers, could not refute.

lol. it doesn't work that way. if no one replies, it means I have the best argument, You All right wingers, could not refute.
Keep telling yourself that!

Keep telling yourself that!
I have an argument. You only complain, without Any argument to show for it.

It is about, superiority, not Equality; we are guys.

Forum List

Back