Ocasio-Cortez: Debate Request Is Sexual Harassment!

I’ll just leave this here. :laugh:

A97581CD-DD36-46FB-8AE4-CC019CE495ED.jpeg

I haven't heard her--but I have a feeling that your opinion of her "proclamations" might be a bit colored by your disagreement with her basic premises. No?
She's young, she probably hasn't gotten her details worked out yet since she didn't expect to win the nomination, but you could be right. A lot of politicians don't have the details down, just the sound bytes. I seem to recall Trump was pretty famous for that during the campaign. Couldn't seem to get him to explain what in hell he was planning to actually DO except repeal and replace.....build that wall that Mexico will pay for.....stop all immigration of Muslims....make America safe again....
Bumper sticker campaigning isn't actually unheard of.
She supposedly has a degree in economics and stated that the reason the unemployment rate is low is because people work 2 jobs and 60 hr. work weeks. I don't care what side of the fence you sit on if you don't think that's a monumentally ignorant statement you got issues.
Her point is that people are having to work 60 hr/wk - 2 jobs to make ends meet. It's true in a lot of places. So the low unemployment doesn't necessarily mean things are rosy out there for everyone.

The definition of poverty in the US is not true poverty world wide. These "poor persons" have running water, access to food, indoor plumbing, healthcare and education and almost all have smartphones. Business owners sometimes work 80hr weeks. I know I do. Working hard is not a bad thing.
Keeping your house or your car is "making ends meet." Keeping the lights on. Paying for that car repair so you can continue to get to your two jobs.
I never said anything about poverty. I said "making ends meet."

Millions in the middle class struggle as well. College tuition is $50k/year per kid. Such is life. Doesn't make it bad. Giving stuff away for free via Gov't spend is not the answer. Unless you are a moron.
I don't know. I think investing in a better educated workforce might be worth it in the long run. Economists know that part of the slower growth the past several years was because young college grads are so burdened with debt that they can't afford to buy a home, start a family, be good serious consumers. Yet it has been drilled into all of them that a college education is necessary for a financially secure life.
So what's to be done? I know some people are looking to businesses to take up some of the burden, and that's fine for big businesses; that might help. Or figure out what is making the cost of higher education so goddamned expensive? I suspect it is something of a racket. I don't know for sure, though.

He would eat her alive, and she damn well knows it.
He is currently the best debater alive. Informed, smart, and lightning fast on his feet... this guy will make you look like an idiot even if you are right.
If I was a candidate for EITHER party, I wouldn't want to make an appearance in the same city as this guy let alone debate him one on one.
Having said that, she once again showed her true colors for calling him sexist with zero basis for it.
this guy will make you look like an idiot even if you are right.
Then why would anyone want to "debate" him?

Who else has Shapiro offered to "debate" among the Democratic candidates? Anyone? Why only her?

He has debated Sam Harris and Eric Weinstein. He has debated Cenk Uygur. He has debated Bill Maher. He has offered to debate many others including Michael Moore.
Thanks! I don't know who those folks are, but I truly appreciate someone giving me a straight answer.

Google them. You must know who Bill Maher and Michael Moore are?
I don't watch them, see them. They are either on social media or one of the cable stations I don't get. I have heard of them, though.

Ocasio-Cortez dismisses Ben Shapiro's debate offer, compares to 'catcalling'

Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday dismissed an offer from conservative commentator Ben Shapiro challenging her to a debate, saying she doesn’t “owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions.”

“Just like catcalling, I don’t owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Thursday night. “And also like catcalling, for some reason they feel entitled to one.”

Shapiro fired back at Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter while defending his offer:

"Discussion and debate are not “bad intentions.” Slandering someone as a sexist catcaller without reason or evidence does demonstrate cowardice and bad intent, however."

My, my, my. That's the "future of the Democratic Party", is it?

I wonder if she whipped out her Woman Card and claimed it was "catcalling" when Stephen Colbert asked to interview her. That request was probably "unsolicited", too.

So much for her claims that Republicans are afraid of HER. Looks the other way 'round to me.
She doesn’t owe Ben Shapiro an answer, never mind a debate. He’s a blogger.

Meanwhile, Trumpy has had only one press conference as potus. What’s he afraid of?

Blogger? He runs the highest rated conservative podcast in the country. He is NOT a blogger. This may have been the stupidest post I have ever seen on these boards. Cudos to you.
Translation: ignorant people like him the best! :auiqs.jpg:

So every Conservative is ignorant? You just insulted 50% of the country. You sir, are an idiot.
Just the ones who voted for Trumpy.

And more like 26%. See? You’re ignorant!

She supposedly has a degree in economics and stated that the reason the unemployment rate is low is because people work 2 jobs and 60 hr. work weeks. I don't care what side of the fence you sit on if you don't think that's a monumentally ignorant statement you got issues.
Her point is that people are having to work 60 hr/wk - 2 jobs to make ends meet. It's true in a lot of places. So the low unemployment doesn't necessarily mean things are rosy out there for everyone.

The definition of poverty in the US is not true poverty world wide. These "poor persons" have running water, access to food, indoor plumbing, healthcare and education and almost all have smartphones. Business owners sometimes work 80hr weeks. I know I do. Working hard is not a bad thing.
Keeping your house or your car is "making ends meet." Keeping the lights on. Paying for that car repair so you can continue to get to your two jobs.
I never said anything about poverty. I said "making ends meet."

Millions in the middle class struggle as well. College tuition is $50k/year per kid. Such is life. Doesn't make it bad. Giving stuff away for free via Gov't spend is not the answer. Unless you are a moron.
I don't know. I think investing in a better educated workforce might be worth it in the long run. Economists know that part of the slower growth the past several years was because young college grads are so burdened with debt that they can't afford to buy a home, start a family, be good serious consumers. Yet it has been drilled into all of them that a college education is necessary for a financially secure life.
So what's to be done? I know some people are looking to businesses to take up some of the burden, and that's fine for big businesses; that might help. Or figure out what is making the cost of higher education so goddamned expensive? I suspect it is something of a racket. I don't know for sure, though.

They are burdened with debt because they spend $200k on a degree in history or botany. Spend the money on a marketable skill such as Finance, engineering, law, nursing, etc. You are investing in yourself. Having a degree in Music and expecting to pay back $200k in debt is crazy. I think debt providers need to take that into consideration as well.

If you want to be a teacher you don't have to go to Duke, go to a local state school, especially if you cannot afford Duke.

He is currently the best debater alive. Informed, smart, and lightning fast on his feet... this guy will make you look like an idiot even if you are right.
If I was a candidate for EITHER party, I wouldn't want to make an appearance in the same city as this guy let alone debate him one on one.
Having said that, she once again showed her true colors for calling him sexist with zero basis for it.

Who else has Shapiro offered to "debate" among the Democratic candidates? Anyone? Why only her?

He has debated Sam Harris and Eric Weinstein. He has debated Cenk Uygur. He has debated Bill Maher. He has offered to debate many others including Michael Moore.
Thanks! I don't know who those folks are, but I truly appreciate someone giving me a straight answer.

Google them. You must know who Bill Maher and Michael Moore are?
I don't watch them, see them. They are either on social media or one of the cable stations I don't get. I have heard of them, though.

Got it!

Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday dismissed an offer from conservative commentator Ben Shapiro challenging her to a debate, saying she doesn’t “owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions.”

“Just like catcalling, I don’t owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Thursday night. “And also like catcalling, for some reason they feel entitled to one.”

"Discussion and debate are not “bad intentions.” Slandering someone as a sexist catcaller without reason or evidence does demonstrate cowardice and bad intent, however."

I wonder if she whipped out her Woman Card and claimed it was "catcalling" when Stephen Colbert asked to interview her. That request was probably "unsolicited", too.

So much for her claims that Republicans are afraid of HER. Looks the other way 'round to me.

Meanwhile, Trumpy has had only one press conference as potus. What’s he afraid of?

Blogger? He runs the highest rated conservative podcast in the country. He is NOT a blogger. This may have been the stupidest post I have ever seen on these boards. Cudos to you.

So every Conservative is ignorant? You just insulted 50% of the country. You sir, are an idiot.

Trump received 62.5 million votes. Forget the percentages. You insulted that many people. That makes you a moron.

Trump received 62.5 million votes. Forget the percentages. You insulted that many people. That makes you a moron.
America is not made up of brain surgeons.

Do I need to posts charts of where America stands, education-wise, against the rest of the developed world?

This is a country full of dumbasses. What percentage of those 62M still believe Obama was born in Kenya? :auiqs.jpg:

Edit to add: you ignorantly claimed that 50% of the country is conservative. Thanks for the assist!

I wonder if Alexandria can see Putin from her doorstep.

My guess is yes, yes she can.

1200px-Sarah_Palin_by_Gage_Skidmore_4_(cropped).jpg

Last edited:

A blogger? Dude has the largest conservative podcast in the nation and has listernership on par with Pod Save America.

He has debated a lot of people as a guest on various "news" agencies CNN, FoxNews etc. I do not know if he has debated issues one on one with a candidate.
And BTW, people are wrong here saying he is a republican. I do not believe he has ever stated what party he belongs to, if any. He speaks out against Republican leaders all the time. And is critical of Trump as well.
He is certainly conservative, no doubt. But he is not a "spinner", he is not at all like most speakers that will present to you one side of an issue while leaving out something else just to make his point.
He is the best political speaker in the nation as far as I am concerned, and certainly many agree with that.

Do I need to posts charts of where America stands, education-wise, against the rest of the developed world?

This is a country full of dumbasses. What percentage of those 62M still believe Obama was born in Kenya? :auiqs.jpg:

Edit to add: you ignorantly claimed that 50% of the country is conservative. Thanks for the assist!

50% may be conservative. Not everyone votes. This country is full of dumbasses but also full of the smartest and most innovative people in the world. You are 100% a dumbass who uses emojis like a 12 year old. Hell here in New England we have some of the best schools in the world.

MIT
Harvard
Boston College
Yale
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Middlebury
Amherst College

To name a few...your post reeks of dumbassery. At least you are consistent. It was HRC who first spread the fake news of Obama being born in Kenya. Dummy.

Who is Ben Shapiro?
Aren't debates usually between candidates? Is he running for something?
No, he just challenged her views.
He would probably eat her up. Especially considering she is extremely ignorant.
Probably? A debate between them would be like a lion vs. puppy in Shapiro's favor.
How would a debate go between Rachel Maddow and Louis Gohmert?

I would donate $10k to debate Maddow. She is dumber than a bag of rocks. Volatile Lou would destroy her.

A blogger? Dude has the largest conservative podcast in the nation and has listernership on par with Pod Save America.
I addressed this already. Try to keep up.

He has debated a lot of people as a guest on various "news" agencies CNN, FoxNews etc. I do not know if he has debated issues one on one with a candidate.
And BTW, people are wrong here saying he is a republican. I do not believe he has ever stated what party he belongs to, if any. He speaks out against Republican leaders all the time. And is critical of Trump as well.
He is certainly conservative, no doubt. But he is not a "spinner", he is not at all like most speakers that will present to you one side of an issue while leaving out something else just to make his point.
He is the best political speaker in the nation as far as I am concerned, and certainly many agree with that.
Then why isn’t he running for office?

"Debate" and "interview" mean different things.

yes, they do. and legitimate candidates do both. She is extremely ignorant, makes idiotic proclamations, and comes off as a pathetic whining baby.

but that's the future of your party, Obama and Clinton killed the party of Truman and Kennedy and this is all you have left.
I haven't heard her--but I have a feeling that your opinion of her "proclamations" might be a bit colored by your disagreement with her basic premises. No?
She's young, she probably hasn't gotten her details worked out yet since she didn't expect to win the nomination, but you could be right. A lot of politicians don't have the details down, just the sound bytes. I seem to recall Trump was pretty famous for that during the campaign. Couldn't seem to get him to explain what in hell he was planning to actually DO except repeal and replace.....build that wall that Mexico will pay for.....stop all immigration of Muslims....make America safe again....
Bumper sticker campaigning isn't actually unheard of.
oh come on OL, we already have a thread on her stupidity. she made the statement that unemployment is low because everyone has 2 jobs. this is your savior? you want this ignorance in our congress? really? you have no class then.

50% may be conservative. Not everyone votes. This country is full of dumbasses but also full of the smartest and most innovative people in the world. You are 100% a dumbass who uses emojis like a 12 year old. Hell here in New England we have some of the best schools in the world.

MIT
Harvard
Boston College
Yale
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Middlebury
Amherst College

To name a few...your post reeks of dumbassery. At least you are consistent. It was HRC who first spread the fake news of Obama being born in Kenya. Dummy.
Oh, you’re a liar, too. Noted.

Those universities are considered bastions of Liberal thought. No wonder they are the best.

Forum List

Back