Ocasio-Cortez: Debate Request Is Sexual Harassment!

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ocasio-Cortez dismisses Ben Shapiro's debate offer, compares to 'catcalling'

Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday dismissed an offer from conservative commentator Ben Shapiro challenging her to a debate, saying she doesn’t “owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions.”

“Just like catcalling, I don’t owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Thursday night. “And also like catcalling, for some reason they feel entitled to one.”

Shapiro fired back at Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter while defending his offer:

"Discussion and debate are not “bad intentions.” Slandering someone as a sexist catcaller without reason or evidence does demonstrate cowardice and bad intent, however."

My, my, my. That's the "future of the Democratic Party", is it?

I wonder if she whipped out her Woman Card and claimed it was "catcalling" when Stephen Colbert asked to interview her. That request was probably "unsolicited", too.

So much for her claims that Republicans are afraid of HER. Looks the other way 'round to me.

"Republicans are so scared of me that they’re faking videos and presenting them as real on Facebook because they can’t deal with reality anymore." - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

If she gets her foot any farther in her mouth, she's going to have athlete's foot on her tonsils.

I can only assume that the time it took her to even respond to his challenge was used up with her campaign Googling "Ben Shapiro", and then hyperventilating and having panic attacks.

Who is Ben Shapiro?
Aren't debates usually between candidates? Is he running for something?
No, he just challenged her views.
He would probably eat her up. Especially considering she is extremely ignorant.

Who is Ben Shapiro?

Ben Shapiro is one of the biggest names in conservative media, and hugely popular with millennials, her presumed base. Figures you'd be so far into your leftist bubble, you'd have no clue.

Way to make excuses for her cowardice.

The point is, this woman accomplished something pretty remarkable in a very peculiar voting district. And now she is being feted all over the country on interview shows where she is asked fatuous questions and allowed to ramble on without interruption or contradiction, on subjects where her content is nothing but vacuous blather. She shows herself as not particularly intelligent or well-informed, and certainly not worthy of being elevated to the informal position of, "The Future of the Democratic Party!"

Hence, Shapiro tries to embarrass her with a tongue-in-cheek offer of a campaign contribution in exchange for a "debate," knowing that she wouldn't accept such an invitation in a thousand years. She would be annihilated.

Shapiro - 1
Alexandria - 0

If the new talking point is that only political opponents can challenge, debate, or discuss policy with a candidate, someone had better tell every left-leaning talk show host in the history of forever who has interviewed a GOP candidate, because they've been doing it wrong all this time.

The point is, this woman accomplished something pretty remarkable in a very peculiar voting district. And now she is being feted all over the country on interview shows where she is asked fatuous questions and allowed to ramble on without interruption or contradiction, on subjects where her content is nothing but vacuous blather. She shows herself as not particularly intelligent or well-informed, and certainly not worthy of being elevated to the informal position of, "The Future of the Democratic Party!"

Hence, Shapiro tries to embarrass her with a tongue-in-cheek offer of a campaign contribution in exchange for a "debate," knowing that she wouldn't accept such an invitation in a thousand years. She would be annihilated.

Shapiro - 1
Alexandria - 0

I don't think it was tongue-in-cheek. I think he very much expected her to run and hide like a scared little girl - as she, in fact, did - but I also think he's quite serious about being willing to have the debate/interview/whatever, if she ever puts on her big-girl panties and takes his challenge.

And yes, he'd take her positions apart like a cheap watch.

I’d like to see her debate he actual Republican candidate. Why aren’t we supporting him? Yeah he is a long shot but seriously the alternative is giving that idiot the seat

I’d like to see her debate he actual Republican candidate. Why aren’t we supporting him? Yeah he is a long shot but seriously the alternative is giving that idiot the seat

I suspect because he's a throwaway candidate, just there to say we ran someone. The GOP doesn't expect to ever win that particular seat, because the district is too deeply blue.

I suspect because he's a throwaway candidate, just there to say we ran someone. The GOP doesn't expect to ever win that particular seat, because the district is too deeply blue.

Well we could at least try. Why on earth are we conceding any district? We should be out persuading these people to get on board making our nation great instead of doing nothing and assuming they won’t ever change.

At least put up a good fight

Who is Ben Shapiro?
So that would be like Hillary agreeing to debate Hannity or something?
Yeah, that is a reasonable request. Done all the time.
I have to say, I think she's right on this one.

Who is Ben Shapiro?
She is not running for president.
She is out campaigning for candidates and doing all kinds of interviews.
Methinks she is scared of being questioned. She KNOWS she is ignorant.
But maybe you are right. Maybe she believes she is above these non campaigning peons. I mean, my gawd, intellectual debate is for the birds anyways :D

Who is Ben Shapiro?

Ben Shapiro is one of the biggest names in conservative media, and hugely popular with millennials, her presumed base. Figures you'd be so far into your leftist bubble, you'd have no clue.

I believe I just commented on a fact.

Ocasio-Cortez dismisses Ben Shapiro's debate offer, compares to 'catcalling'

Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday dismissed an offer from conservative commentator Ben Shapiro challenging her to a debate, saying she doesn’t “owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions.”

“Just like catcalling, I don’t owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Thursday night. “And also like catcalling, for some reason they feel entitled to one.”

Shapiro fired back at Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter while defending his offer:

"Discussion and debate are not “bad intentions.” Slandering someone as a sexist catcaller without reason or evidence does demonstrate cowardice and bad intent, however."

My, my, my. That's the "future of the Democratic Party", is it?

I wonder if she whipped out her Woman Card and claimed it was "catcalling" when Stephen Colbert asked to interview her. That request was probably "unsolicited", too.

So much for her claims that Republicans are afraid of HER. Looks the other way 'round to me.
"Debate" and "interview" mean different things.

Since Crowley is still running the democrat vote might be split enough to let a republican win. Debate her and drive a few more into the Crowley camp.

Who is Ben Shapiro?
She is not running for president.
She is out campaigning for candidates and doing all kinds of interviews.
Methinks she is scared of being questioned. She KNOWS she is ignorant.
But maybe you are right. Maybe she believes she is above these non campaigning peons. I mean, my gawd, intellectual debate is for the birds anyways :D
Just name me one candidate who debated a conservative talk show host during the last election or any other time. Could have happened, I'm just not thinking of any. An interview is one thing. Chuck Wallace does those. A debate is something else.

Forum List

Back