Objections to ground zero mosque fuel jihadist ire

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by AllieBaba, Aug 23, 2010.

1. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    "Islamic radicals are seizing on protests against a planned Islamic community center near Manhattan's Ground Zero and anti-Muslim rhetoric elsewhere as a propaganda opportunity and are stepping up anti-U.S. chatter and threats on their websites.

"One jihadist site vowed to conduct suicide bombings in Florida to avenge a threatened Koran burning, while others predicted an increase in terrorist recruits as a result of such actions.

"By Allah, the wars are heated and you Americans are the ones who…enflamed it," says one such posting. "By Allah you will be the first to taste its flames."

"The violent postings are not just on al Qaeda-linked websites but on prominent, mainstream Muslim chat forums, Mr. Brachman said."

"Critics of the proposed Islamic center said their right to speak out shouldn't be influenced by the possibility of jihadist threats. "We will never win a war when we are afraid to even name our enemies," former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said in an e-mail Sunday. "

" "Now, I wish to bomb myself in this church as revenge for the sake of Allah's talk. And here I register my name here that I want to be an intended-martyr," wrote a poster identifying himself as "Abu Dujanah."

Protests, Rhetoric Feed Jihadists' Fire - WSJ.com

2. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Ah Islam,the religion of PEACE....We protest against a building going up in lower Manhattan and these dickweeds talk about blowing shit up.Wonderful,and I wonder how many Libs on this site and in the USA don't see Islam for what it really is.

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    But, but, but... Didn't the 19 hijackers die ten years ago? This is UNPOSSIBLE!!! :cool:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I think it's time we play cowboys and muslims.

5. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    It's going to end up here eventually, might as well post it now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaNRWMN-F4]YouTube - Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero[/ame]

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    So let me get this straight. Mexicans can shit all over the United States but Americans will become enraged when Muslims build a place of worship?:cuckoo:

8. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I realize all the Muslim hate going on lately is taking away a lot of your customers but let's try to keep this about the OP for at least the first page of the thread, mmkay?

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    nice mob....nice christain mob

10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/opinion/22rich.html?src=me&ref=general

"We owe thanks to Justin Elliott of Salon for the single most revealing account of this controversy’s evolution. He reports that there was zero reaction to the “ground zero mosque” from the front-line right or anyone else except marginal bloggers when The Times first reported on the Park51 plans in a lengthy front-page article on Dec. 9, 2009. The sole exception came some two weeks later at Fox News, where Laura Ingraham, filling in on “The O’Reilly Factor,” interviewed Daisy Khan, the wife of the project’s organizer, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. Ingraham gave the plans her blessing. “I can’t find many people who really have a problem with it,” she said. “I like what you’re trying to do.”"

'How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began' 'A viciously anti-Muslim blogger, the New York Post and the right-wing media'

How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began - War Room - Salon.com