Obit for OWS!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by PoliticalChic, May 2, 2012.

  1. PoliticalChic
    Online

    PoliticalChic Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    55,699
    Thanks Received:
    15,603
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ratings:
    +24,841
    1. "OWS bums are a big joke

    2. Hard workers enjoy good laugh as May Day skirmishes fizzle

    3. Occupy Wall Street’s call for May Day mayhem largely fizzled yesterday — but at least provided a good laugh for hardworking people gazing from their office windows at the demonstrators’ antics as cops took a few dozen into custody.

    4. “How can anyone take them seriously? They look like homeless people,” quipped Financial District bartender Kimberly Leo.

    5. One protest leader hopped onto the barricades, and just inches from the cops, shouted, “This is what it looks like to live in a police state!”

    6. Nearby, a demented demonstrator kicked out the driver-side rear window of a police car.

    6. Among the demonstrators was Stacey Hessler, the 38-year-old Florida mom who last year ditched her husband and four kids to camp out in Zuccotti Park with a waiter from Brooklyn. She refused to comment.

    7. “I’m here to promote change,” said a demonstrator at Union Square, Aaron Denee, 28, a Manhattan resident who has been unemployed for the past year despite having a master’s degree in education.

    8. But the “International Workers Day” only proved how much the movement has been weakened since the NYPD evicted the protesters from Zuccotti on Nov. 15."

    Read more: OWS stages May Day dud in bid to revive movement - NYPOST.com


    And...to memorialize the flop that was the OWS-Mayday movement, I offer the following sing-along:


    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5awAqn0zLM]Poor Jud Is Daid (Poor Jud Is Dead) from Oklahoma! - YouTube[/ame]
     
  2. Katzndogz
    Offline

    Katzndogz Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2011
    Messages:
    65,659
    Thanks Received:
    7,418
    Trophy Points:
    1,830
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Los Angeles reports 15 arrests city wide with most of those at LAX as baggage handler thieves protested for more pay for more stealing and drug smuggling.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. American Horse
    Offline

    American Horse AKA "Mustang"

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    Messages:
    5,741
    Thanks Received:
    892
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Location:
    The Hoosier Heartland
    Ratings:
    +938
    OWS is the grass-roots arm of the Obama campaign. It's going to decompose like all the rest of the crap flowing out of that campaign.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. RoadVirus
    Offline

    RoadVirus <insert pithy title here>

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    Messages:
    5,277
    Thanks Received:
    574
    Trophy Points:
    88
    Location:
    Illinois
    Ratings:
    +583
    The Occuturds had no chance to begin with because it was a joke from the start.
     
  5. PoliticalChic
    Online

    PoliticalChic Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    55,699
    Thanks Received:
    15,603
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ratings:
    +24,841
    It's difficult to laugh at the joke when one views the damage that Progressives have done to this great nation from

    Woodrow Wilson's attack on the Constitution

    to FDR's subversion of the other two branches of government

    to LBJ's damage to the family and the American psyche

    to Obama's saddling generations with debt.....


    A century of assaults.
     
  6. Katzndogz
    Offline

    Katzndogz Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2011
    Messages:
    65,659
    Thanks Received:
    7,418
    Trophy Points:
    1,830
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The problem OWS made was in their 1% battle cry. They forgot something, if the very rich are the upper 1%, the OWS protesters aren't the 99%, they are the bottom 1%. The controversy became the over producers and over achievers v. those who won't work and want everything for free. This leaves not 99% but 98% who have nothing whatsoever in common with either of them.
     
  7. syrenn
    Offline

    syrenn BANNED

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    47,839
    Thanks Received:
    10,388
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    I tell ya, the cops are loving the ows idiots..... their overtime checks are wonderful!


     

Share This Page