Obamateurism of the Year ?

Ya' think forgetting that he was elected to be the President of ALL of the people
should be considered 'amateurish'?

Rev. Joseph Lowery, the minister chosen by President Obama upon the occasion of his inauguration, was privileged to give the following invocation:

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around..."
"When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

I've never forgotten, he's only prez to black people and demonRats. the rest of us can go to hell. I'm still waiting for someone I can call Mr. President.

I like this one too:

Obama assails Republican foes, urges bipartisan effort

President Barack Obama on Friday scolded his Republican opponents for trying to block his legislative agenda at almost every turn and urged them to join a bipartisan push to create jobs and spur economic recovery.

Obama assails Republican foes, urges bipartisan effort | Reuters

He's a typical radical. "Bipartisan" to him means, "you do what *I* want, not what *you* want." It's pure BS, a travesty, a lie, and indefensible, and it's the way he and his liberal pack of shit stains operate. Rush has pointed that out for years. "Bipartisanship" to a dem means "you cave to them."

I hate obama with a passion, and any empty headed moron that buys his lame ass crap and lies.

Last edited:
Does a 'Dan Quayle' moment count?

Misspelled 'Syracuse'...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCUltDjFrGM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Says they speak 'Austrian'...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7zhnctF4c[/ame]

Making a major company like BP actually clean up their mess and pay for the damages..

What an amateur!

Republicans were apologizing for that one.

No one told Obama that it should be tax payers that pay for corporate fuck ups.

What a hoot.

My what a jaded response.

Obama didn't make BP do shit.

He monitored what was going on and obstructed progress at every turn

The folks over at HotAir have a poll to pick the best "Obamateurism of the Year Final"

If you'd care to vote, get on over to

Poll: 2010 Obamateurism of the Year Final Hot Air

Here are the choices:

“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”

Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU

Obama quotes Declaration, leaves out “endowed by their Creator”

Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party

Any you think should be in the competition?

I don't see any of those worthy of further discussion. All ho-hum items, to me.

These are the people that stopped other countries from helping with the cleanup, stopped skimmers from going out until they had the proper number of life-vests on board, placed a moratorium on drilling at the same time he was granting exceptions to foreign oil companies, claims that most of the oil has evaporated, took almost two weeks to comment on it because he was too busy accusing Arizona of racism.....etc. :blowup:

I was quite entertained by that bullshit he came out with (I think it was in September, in Cleveland) when he said that job growth between 2000 and 2008 was slower than it had been in any economic expansion since World War II.

Job "growth" was slow. Just because in the first five years of the BA unemployment was higher hardly translates to growth when wages were stagnant, benefits were either reduced or eliminated, and more and more businesses fell to the lure of cheap labor overseas. I don't know if it goes back as far as WWII, but the glowing reports of a wonderful economy under George W. Bush has been proven over and over again to be just fluff, period.

I'm sure the 3M+ people who have become unemployed since the beginning of 2009 agree with you.....

Not.

The current economy is not even generating enough jobs to keep up with population growth. We've never had a recovery which was such an Epic Fail in job creation. Obamanomics doesn't work.

The folks over at HotAir have a poll to pick the best "Obamateurism of the Year Final"

Here are the choices:

Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party

I don't see any of those worthy of further discussion. All ho-hum items, to me.

C'mon...you mean it's only funny if the guy as an "R" next to his name?

How about the time he tried to walk into a window? Funny?

"It looks like President Obama hasn't gotten acquainted to his White House surroundings. On the way back to the Oval Office Tuesday, the President approached a paned window, instead of the actual door -- located a few feet to his right.
Hey Bam, that's not the door!

If you need the "R" to tickle your funny bone, the article has Bush doing the same thing....

Now, be honest.....

I nominate this little goodie:

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

AFP: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

Obama in a nutshell: only believe what the I want you to believe and ignore all other sources.

Your choice of headlines is misleading, of course. Whatever makes you think it's not 100% true that the constant chatter of the Internet, which makes the loudest noise with its billions of bloggers and message boarders all jockeying to shout out the direction REAL news reporting should take, is somehow an untrue assumption? Are you nuts?

The best disinfectant is Sunlight. If a media outlet provides false information, it is sure as heck going to be outed by others.

The President advocating for less choice just betrays his regret that there is no longer a media oligarchy that can be co-opted by Progressives.

Ya' think forgetting that he was elected to be the President of ALL of the people

“However, politics have proved obstructive to all facets of counterterrorism policy. And politics may have been at play in the Muhammad case as well as in other cases involving Black Muslim converts. Several weeks ago, STRATFOR heard from sources that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations had been ordered to “back off” of counterterrorism investigations into the activities of Black Muslim converts. At this point, it is unclear to us if that guidance was given by the White House or the Department of Justice, or if it was promulgated by the agencies themselves, anticipating the wishes of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.”
Stratfor.com June 3, 2009

Isn't it interesting that he's not the first one to be accused of not representing ALL THE PEOPLE. Of course if Republicans had not decided to be party-first extremists, it may have been different. Ya think?

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

Obama in a nutshell: only believe what the I want you to believe and ignore all other sources.

He had a point with that. How many times have we seen whining lefties bitch about O'Donnell being a witch or Beck hating the victims of 9/11.... neither is accurate but that doesn't stop droolers pretending that they are. Look at the way they twist science - while claiming to respect it - to suit their own agenda.

Still, Obama should accept that most Americans are capable of deciding for themselves what they believe.... except for the drooling hordes.

There are plenty (if not more) droolers who like to call themselves "conservatives" too, you know. I've noticed a few noobs here are now running far ahead of the likes of Liability and a few of the other "veterans" of Let's-Post-How-Much-We-Hate-Obama Club. I'm really beginning to realize that this board is slowly being taken over by complete idiots, some of which appear to be rejects from other boards. I don't mind a civil conversation with you or PC and a few of the others, but it's getting ridiculous and harder and harder to find a thread with any sense of rational common sense.

“However, politics have proved obstructive to all facets of counterterrorism policy. And politics may have been at play in the Muhammad case as well as in other cases involving Black Muslim converts. Several weeks ago, STRATFOR heard from sources that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations had been ordered to “back off” of counterterrorism investigations into the activities of Black Muslim converts. At this point, it is unclear to us if that guidance was given by the White House or the Department of Justice, or if it was promulgated by the agencies themselves, anticipating the wishes of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.”
Stratfor.com June 3, 2009

Isn't it interesting that he's not the first one to be accused of not representing ALL THE PEOPLE. Of course if Republicans had not decided to be party-first extremists, it may have been different. Ya think?

You're not actually going to make this serious, are you???

Well, you started it...your post is less than historically correct. The last election in which ideology was not a factor was 1924, when both parties ran true conservatives as candidates. And both parties had progressive and conservative wings.

Since then, parties both assumed the political positons that we see today, as progressives migrated to the Dems, and conservatives to the GOP.

Party and ideology became the coin of the realm.

Now, could you just finish that drink in the avatar...you're too darned wired.

Obama cracks me up. He says we all have to start working in a non-partisian way to get things done. Well, up until a week or so ago, his chant was "We won the election. We're driving this car!" Also he wouldn't even consider Republican suggestions on how to do things. Now all of a sudden, it's time to bet non-partisian. Fuck Obama. I'm sure glad he is a one-term President.

You seem to have a short memory. He's been calling for bipartisanship since Day One. He made ONE comment at ONE meeting early in his presidency that "We won." He has never uttered those words since, and he has never "rammed through" anything.

He had a point with that. How many times have we seen whining lefties bitch about O'Donnell being a witch or Beck hating the victims of 9/11.... neither is accurate but that doesn't stop droolers pretending that they are. Look at the way they twist science - while claiming to respect it - to suit their own agenda.

Still, Obama should accept that most Americans are capable of deciding for themselves what they believe.... except for the drooling hordes.

There are plenty (if not more) droolers who like to call themselves "conservatives" too, you know. I've noticed a few noobs here are now running far ahead of the likes of Liability and a few of the other "veterans" of Let's-Post-How-Much-We-Hate-Obama Club. I'm really beginning to realize that this board is slowly being taken over by complete idiots, some of which appear to be rejects from other boards. I don't mind a civil conversation with you or PC and a few of the others, but it's getting ridiculous and harder and harder to find a thread with any sense of rational common sense.

Mags, it's the mirror image of '08...all we heard was how it was the end for the GOP, and what they should do, and the default term was 'retard'...

We are getting a ton of right wingers, and I miss the raucous left-wing loonies screaming at us....it was actually lots of fun.

There are logical posts and debate on both sides, and, in the words of our great- and first- Republican President, "this too shall pass."

Here are the choices:

I take exception to your misquoting of Obama, I have heard the man speak and either your source is wrong or you misquoted.

Take this quote

It reads as follows;

"But, uh, butem, u,u,u, I mean................,,,, I, I, uh do think at,,,, uh, a, certain point yuu've made, uh, enough money."

So I guess it never occurred to you that one of the reasons for breaks like that during ad lib conversation was to make sure what he says isn't something that the right wing noise machine would go viral with, totally ignoring the context in which it was said? Oddly enough, he doesn't speak like that anymore. Obama seems much more confident (that he's smarter than the assholes that still attempt to undermine him by their silliness).

It's not odd. He hardly has an unscripted, un-teleprompted moment.

How many press conferences did he hold this year? The last one he punted to Clinton. Very telling.

Forum List

Back