Obamateurism of the Year ?

The folks over at HotAir have a poll to pick the best "Obamateurism of the Year Final"

If you'd care to vote, get on over to

Poll: 2010 Obamateurism of the Year Final Hot Air

Here are the choices:

“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”

Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU

Obama quotes Declaration, leaves out “endowed by their Creator”

Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party

Any you think should be in the competition?

I take exception to your misquoting of Obama, I have heard the man speak and either your source is wrong or you misquoted.

Take this quote

It reads as follows;

"But, uh, butem, u,u,u, I mean................,,,, I, I, uh do think at,,,, uh, a, certain point yuu've made, uh, enough money."

So I guess it never occurred to you that one of the reasons for breaks like that during ad lib conversation was to make sure what he says isn't something that the right wing noise machine would go viral with, totally ignoring the context in which it was said? Oddly enough, he doesn't speak like that anymore. Obama seems much more confident (that he's smarter than the assholes that still attempt to undermine him by their silliness).

"...right wing noise machine..."

You mean these guys?

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss, Norah O’Donnell, Chris Matthews, Joy Behar, Jon Stewart, Ric Sanchez, Rachel Maddow, Bill Moyers, Fareed Zakaria, Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington, Paul Krugman, Ed Schultz, Paul Begala, James Carville, Linda Douglas, Howie Kurtz, Phil Donohue, Tavis Smiley, Mark Shields, Bill Press, Larry O’Donnell, Joe Conason, Margaret Carlson, Bob Beckel, Larry King, Alan Colmes,

Ya' think forgetting that he was elected to be the President of ALL of the people
should be considered 'amateurish'?

Rev. Joseph Lowery, the minister chosen by President Obama upon the occasion of his inauguration, was privileged to give the following invocation:

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around..."
"When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

Rick Warren gave the invocation. Reverend Lowrey the benediction, and he said a lot more than just that. Why have you become such a cherry-picker, PC?

Transcript courtesy Federal News Service

God of our weary years, God of our silent tears, thou who has brought us thus far along the way, thou who has by thy might led us into the light, keep us forever in the path, we pray, lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met thee, lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget thee. Shadowed beneath thy hand may we forever stand -- true to thee, O God, and true to our native land.

We truly give thanks for the glorious experience we've shared this day. We pray now, O Lord, for your blessing upon thy servant, Barack Obama, the 44th president of these United States, his family and his administration. He has come to this high office at a low moment in the national and, indeed, the global fiscal climate. But because we know you got the whole world in your hand, we pray for not only our nation, but for the community of nations. Our faith does not shrink, though pressed by the flood of mortal ills.

For we know that, Lord, you're able and you're willing to work through faithful leadership to restore stability, mend our brokenness, heal our wounds and deliver us from the exploitation of the poor or the least of these and from favoritism toward the rich, the elite of these.

We thank you for the empowering of thy servant, our 44th president, to inspire our nation to believe that, yes, we can work together to achieve a more perfect union. And while we have sown the seeds of greed -- the wind of greed and corruption, and even as we reap the whirlwind of social and economic disruption, we seek forgiveness and we come in a spirit of unity and solidarity to commit our support to our president by our willingness to make sacrifices, to respect your creation, to turn to each other and not on each other.

And now, Lord, in the complex arena of human relations, help us to make choices on the side of love, not hate; on the side of inclusion, not exclusion; tolerance, not intolerance.

And as we leave this mountaintop, help us to hold on to the spirit of fellowship and the oneness of our family. Let us take that power back to our homes, our workplaces, our churches, our temples, our mosques, or wherever we seek your will.

Bless President Barack, First Lady Michelle. Look over our little, angelic Sasha and Malia.

We go now to walk together, children, pledging that we won't get weary in the difficult days ahead. We know you will not leave us alone, with your hands of power and your heart of love.

Help us then, now, Lord, to work for that day when nation shall not lift up sword against nation, when tanks will be beaten into tractors, when every man and every woman shall sit under his or her own vine and fig tree, and none shall be afraid; when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness as a mighty stream.

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right.

Read more: Rev. Joseph Lowery Inaugural Benediction. Transcript. - Steven Waldman

I went with the one where he said at some point you've made enough money....But how will it ever be enough money when the Lib spending machine wants to take that money and spend it on all their lofty goals.

The answer They want people to make what they feel is fair and then put their hands in their pockets and take what they want...This will bring down those evil rich fucks and have them be in the same boat as everyone else.Dependent on Government Cheese.

Ya' think forgetting that he was elected to be the President of ALL of the people

Rev. Joseph Lowery, the minister chosen by President Obama upon the occasion of his inauguration, was privileged to give the following invocation:

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around..."
"When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

I've never forgotten, he's only prez to black people and demonRats. the rest of us can go to hell. I'm still waiting for someone I can call Mr. President.

I don't think he really cares what people like you think of him nor call him. People like you will hate him, no matter what. Your own bigotry shines through in practically everything you post, so it doesn't really matter to me what you think either. I just think you're amusing.

I'm sure the 3M+ people who have become unemployed since the beginning of 2009 agree with you.....

Not.

The current economy is not even generating enough jobs to keep up with population growth. We've never had a recovery which was such an Epic Fail in job creation. Obamanomics doesn't work.

Of course every economic indicator says otherwise, and every economist says otherwise, and they also have produced no other alternative, but you go right ahead and believe what you must. :eusa_whistle:

The folks over at HotAir have a poll to pick the best "Obamateurism of the Year Final"

Here are the choices:

Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party

I don't see any of those worthy of further discussion. All ho-hum items, to me.

C'mon...you mean it's only funny if the guy as an "R" next to his name?

How about the time he tried to walk into a window? Funny?

"It looks like President Obama hasn't gotten acquainted to his White House surroundings. On the way back to the Oval Office Tuesday, the President approached a paned window, instead of the actual door -- located a few feet to his right.
Hey Bam, that's not the door!

If you need the "R" to tickle your funny bone, the article has Bush doing the same thing....

Now, be honest.....

I guess I'm just surprised that such things would seem important to YOU. Usually, you have some deep ideological point you want to make that stirs my memory into wanting to reply in an equally intelligent manner.

I've never forgotten, he's only prez to black people and demonRats. the rest of us can go to hell. I'm still waiting for someone I can call Mr. President.

I don't think he really cares what people like you think of him nor call him. People like you will hate him, no matter what. Your own bigotry shines through in practically everything you post, so it doesn't really matter to me what you think either. I just think you're amusing.

I don't hate him. I am totally not impressed by him and know that he does not represent me. Get over it.

Rick Warren gave the invocation. Reverend Lowrey the benediction, and he said a lot more than just that. Why have you become such a cherry-picker, PC?

Transcript courtesy Federal News Service

God of our weary years, God of our silent tears, thou who has brought us thus far along the way, thou who has by thy might led us into the light, keep us forever in the path, we pray, lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met thee, lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget thee. Shadowed beneath thy hand may we forever stand -- true to thee, O God, and true to our native land.

We truly give thanks for the glorious experience we've shared this day. We pray now, O Lord, for your blessing upon thy servant, Barack Obama, the 44th president of these United States, his family and his administration. He has come to this high office at a low moment in the national and, indeed, the global fiscal climate. But because we know you got the whole world in your hand, we pray for not only our nation, but for the community of nations. Our faith does not shrink, though pressed by the flood of mortal ills.

For we know that, Lord, you're able and you're willing to work through faithful leadership to restore stability, mend our brokenness, heal our wounds and deliver us from the exploitation of the poor or the least of these and from favoritism toward the rich, the elite of these.

We thank you for the empowering of thy servant, our 44th president, to inspire our nation to believe that, yes, we can work together to achieve a more perfect union. And while we have sown the seeds of greed -- the wind of greed and corruption, and even as we reap the whirlwind of social and economic disruption, we seek forgiveness and we come in a spirit of unity and solidarity to commit our support to our president by our willingness to make sacrifices, to respect your creation, to turn to each other and not on each other.

And now, Lord, in the complex arena of human relations, help us to make choices on the side of love, not hate; on the side of inclusion, not exclusion; tolerance, not intolerance.

And as we leave this mountaintop, help us to hold on to the spirit of fellowship and the oneness of our family. Let us take that power back to our homes, our workplaces, our churches, our temples, our mosques, or wherever we seek your will.

Bless President Barack, First Lady Michelle. Look over our little, angelic Sasha and Malia.

We go now to walk together, children, pledging that we won't get weary in the difficult days ahead. We know you will not leave us alone, with your hands of power and your heart of love.

Help us then, now, Lord, to work for that day when nation shall not lift up sword against nation, when tanks will be beaten into tractors, when every man and every woman shall sit under his or her own vine and fig tree, and none shall be afraid; when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness as a mighty stream.

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right.

Read more: Rev. Joseph Lowery Inaugural Benediction. Transcript. - Steven Waldman

Stop being so one sided.

And covering it with the rest of the speech doesn't detract from the racism of " when white will embrace what is right."

It is just as despicable as if he had said 'when black folks will stop assaulting and robbing."

Would you have said that was 'cherry-picking'? I think not.
You would have been less inclined to poo-poo the comment.

The best disinfectant is Sunlight. If a media outlet provides false information, it is sure as heck going to be outed by others.

The President advocating for less choice just betrays his regret that there is no longer a media oligarchy that can be co-opted by Progressives.

Except I don't think he was talking about media outlets (although we all know they too get away with false information every day, don't we). I think he was talking about the FALSE information being portrayed as truth and the gullibility of many Americans who believe it.

I don't see any of those worthy of further discussion. All ho-hum items, to me.

C'mon...you mean it's only funny if the guy as an "R" next to his name?

How about the time he tried to walk into a window? Funny?

"It looks like President Obama hasn't gotten acquainted to his White House surroundings. On the way back to the Oval Office Tuesday, the President approached a paned window, instead of the actual door -- located a few feet to his right.
Hey Bam, that's not the door!

If you need the "R" to tickle your funny bone, the article has Bush doing the same thing....

Now, be honest.....

I guess I'm just surprised that such things would seem important to YOU. Usually, you have some deep ideological point you want to make that stirs my memory into wanting to reply in an equally intelligent manner.

See, I live to surprise you.

"I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there…"
Larry the Cable Guy

You listen to the VP and the Obama controlled media this administration has already created millions and millions of jobs!!!!!! And still the unemployment numbers are stuck at what 9.8% with the real unemployment way higher.

I heard the senior advisor to the President Valerie Jarrett go on and on when she appeared on Meet the Press recently about what a great job this President has done to create jobs???? huh?

“However, politics have proved obstructive to all facets of counterterrorism policy. And politics may have been at play in the Muhammad case as well as in other cases involving Black Muslim converts. Several weeks ago, STRATFOR heard from sources that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations had been ordered to “back off” of counterterrorism investigations into the activities of Black Muslim converts. At this point, it is unclear to us if that guidance was given by the White House or the Department of Justice, or if it was promulgated by the agencies themselves, anticipating the wishes of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.”
Stratfor.com June 3, 2009

Isn't it interesting that he's not the first one to be accused of not representing ALL THE PEOPLE. Of course if Republicans had not decided to be party-first extremists, it may have been different. Ya think?

You're not actually going to make this serious, are you???

Well, you started it...your post is less than historically correct. The last election in which ideology was not a factor was 1924, when both parties ran true conservatives as candidates. And both parties had progressive and conservative wings.

Since then, parties both assumed the political positons that we see today, as progressives migrated to the Dems, and conservatives to the GOP.

Party and ideology became the coin of the realm.

Now, could you just finish that drink in the avatar...you're too darned wired.

Strict ideology translated into revenge politics did not become extreme until Bill Clinton was elected. And I have plenty of evidence to prove that statement (but I'll have to do it later because I've run out of time).

I nominate this little goodie:

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

AFP: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

Obama in a nutshell: only believe what the I want you to believe and ignore all other sources.

He had a point with that. How many times have we seen whining lefties bitch about O'Donnell being a witch or Beck hating the victims of 9/11.... neither is accurate but that doesn't stop droolers pretending that they are. Look at the way they twist science - while claiming to respect it - to suit their own agenda.

Still, Obama should accept that most Americans are capable of deciding for themselves what they believe.... except for the drooling hordes.

:eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: :razz:

You listen to the VP and the Obama controlled media this administration has already created millions and millions of jobs!!!!!! And still the unemployment numbers are stuck at what 9.8% with the real unemployment way higher.

I heard the senior advisor to the President Valerie Jarrett go on and on when she appeared on Meet the Press recently about what a great job this President has done to create jobs???? huh?

When their lips move they lie. I hope Joe Wilson is at the SOTUA, is he still in office? Did he get re-elected? :lol:

I'm sure the 3M+ people who have become unemployed since the beginning of 2009 agree with you.....

Not.

The current economy is not even generating enough jobs to keep up with population growth. We've never had a recovery which was such an Epic Fail in job creation. Obamanomics doesn't work.

Of course every economic indicator says otherwise, and every economist says otherwise, and they also have produced no other alternative, but you go right ahead and believe what you must. :eusa_whistle:

I call Shenanigans.

Please provide a credible economic analysis which proves that Obamanomics is a success.

Here are the choices:

no.2 , by a long shot imho. it fits it all. grandstanding, captive audience, severe misrepresentation of an issue he 'taught', free from rebuttal.

The best disinfectant is Sunlight. If a media outlet provides false information, it is sure as heck going to be outed by others.

The President advocating for less choice just betrays his regret that there is no longer a media oligarchy that can be co-opted by Progressives.

Except I don't think he was talking about media outlets (although we all know they too get away with false information every day, don't we). I think he was talking about the FALSE information being portrayed as truth and the gullibility of many Americans who believe it.

No he wasn't. He was attacking media outlets that don't promote the Progressive Memes.

Evidence: his frequent attacks on Fox and conservative radio.

Forum List

Back