obamas suit against AZ is going to go down.

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Katzndogz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The Supreme Court has indicated that it is ready to send the obama regime to the trash heap again.

Supreme Court casts doubt on Obama's immigration law claim - Washington Times

Supreme Court justices took a dim view of the Obama administration’s claim that it can stop Arizona from enforcing immigration laws, telling government lawyers during oral argument Wednesday that the state appears to want to push federal officials, not conflict with them.

The court was hearing arguments on Arizona’s immigration crackdown law, which requires police to check the immigration status of those they suspect are in the country illegally, and would also write new state penalties for illegal immigrants who try to apply for jobs.

The Obama administration has sued, arguing that those provisions conflict with the federal government’s role in setting immigration policy, but justices on both sides of the aisle struggled to understand that argument.

“It seems to me the federal government just doesn’t want to know who’s here illegally,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said at one point.

The Arizona law requires all police to check with federal officials

Even obama appointee Sotomayor was unimpressed by the government's bumbling.

“I’m terribly confused by your answer,” said Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who went on to say that the federal government can always decline to pick up illegal immigrants when Arizona officials call.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    I pray that is does because it is heart breaking to see my home turned into a war zone and destoryed. Pinal County is my home and I cannot even go back and visit. drugs and crime are more rampart than in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have 70 year old friends on crack. That is a site I hope none of you ever have to see and flop houses on every block. One 80 years old man I grew up with.
    If this law goes down ouir entire couunry will go down.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Why is the US so resistant to Arizonas and Alabamas laws? we need to be embracing what those states are doing, not fighting with them.

4. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761

They are afraid to offending hispanic voters and obama's re election depend on them. Talk about lack of integrity. Obama threw Wright under the bus, he will have no problem thowing us under the bus just so he will not be a one term president and a failure. I believe he can do it without the Hispanic vote.

5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Both parties value the Hispanic vote and don't want to piss them off, so I don't see this changing anytime soon.

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    This is a very important case for America, take the Obama aspect out of it. We need to start fighting illegal immigration with vigor! Having these laws pass the constitutional test is step one!

7. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,622
    I hope this is true.