Obama's Shocking Margins in 2012; GOP Should be Worried

I like cheese, but was not whining. I was telling the truth, but you likely have a problem with that.

Perhaps it's the time in your life to come clean. Admit that I am correct, denounce extreme liberal thinking, and you will feel so much better about yourself! :lol:

That you think there was voter fraud on a scale big enough to flip the vote is a sign that you're anything but correct.

Don't the Democrats believe their was large enough voter fraud in 2000 and 2004 to flip the vote?

I doubt anyone really believes the truth of the allegation that voter fraud was sufficient to have elected Romney or McCain, or that Bush lost the popular vote do to fraud. BTW, Obama won over 50% of the popular vote in both 2008 and 2012 (52.9 & 51.0).

Bush, for example, lost the popular vote to Gore (48.3 to 47.8) and beat Kerry with 50.5 % of the popular vote.

Obama beat McCain 52.9 to 45.7 and The President beat Romney 51.0 to 47.2).

IMO fraud sufficient to change the results of a national election are only likely to occur after the vote is in, or in the mechanics of casting a ballot, not by a series of criminals intent on casting a ballot illegally.

This entire voter fraud gambit by the GOP is dishonest! It is my hope that every minority, every higher education student and every legally eligible person is encouraged to comply with the law if it is not too burdensome, and to sue any election officials who attempts to or succeeds in denying them the ability to vote.

Of course closing precincts and thusly creating longer lines, allowing precincts to close with people still in line, making registration more difficult and closing the booths early when people are on their way from work isn't stopping fraud, it's voter suppression and would be a criminal act if the GOP were honest; note their collective outrage when it appeared the IRS targeted conservatives groups.

Closing precincts and thusly creating longer lines, allowing precincts to close with people still in line, making registration more difficult or costly and closing the booths early when people are on their way from work isn't stopping fraud, it's voter suppression and would be a criminal act if the GOP were honest; note their collective outrage when it appeared the IRS targeted conservatives groups.

Does anyone have a counter argument to the above?

That you think there was voter fraud on a scale big enough to flip the vote is a sign that you're anything but correct.

Don't the Democrats believe their was large enough voter fraud in 2000 and 2004 to flip the vote?

I doubt anyone really believes the truth of the allegation that voter fraud was sufficient to have elected Romney or McCain, or that Bush lost the popular vote do to fraud. BTW, Obama won over 50% of the popular vote in both 2008 and 2012 (52.9 & 51.0).

Bush, for example, lost the popular vote to Gore (48.3 to 47.8) and beat Kerry with 50.5 % of the popular vote.

IMO fraud sufficient to change the results of a national election are only likely to occur after the vote is in, or in the mechanics of casting a ballot, not by a series of criminals intent on casting a ballot illegally.

This entire voter fraud gambit by the GOP is dishonest! It is my hope that every minority, every higher education student and every legally eligible person is encouraged to comply with the law if it is not too burdensome, and to sue any election officials who attempts to or succeeds in denying them the ability to vote.

Of course closing precincts and thusly creating longer lines, allowing precincts to close with people still in line, making registration more difficult and closing the booths early when people are on their way from work isn't stopping fraud, it's voter suppression and would be a criminal act if the GOP were honest; note their collective outrage when it appeared the IRS targeted conservatives groups.

What do you expect when over 100% of the registered voters somehow found their way to the polls.

I think registration should be harder, as in same-day registration, keeping people from registering through the mail in more than one district......etc.

Closing precincts and thusly creating longer lines, allowing precincts to close with people still in line, making registration more difficult or costly and closing the booths early when people are on their way from work isn't stopping fraud, it's voter suppression and would be a criminal act if the GOP were honest; note their collective outrage when it appeared the IRS targeted conservatives groups.

Does anyone have a counter argument to the above?

Same with rejecting military ballots that didn't make the deadline or didn't have a post office stamp on them because the military postal clerks doesn't do that for overseas mail, claiming that ballots for deployed troops were in a plane crash and burnt up, using the IRS to harass groups that fund conservative candidates......that sort of thing?

I like cheese, but was not whining. I was telling the truth, but you likely have a problem with that.

Perhaps it's the time in your life to come clean. Admit that I am correct, denounce extreme liberal thinking, and you will feel so much better about yourself! :lol:

Not sure; I'm not a democrat.

I will say this, the butterfly ballot swung the election for the GOP in 2000. Not because it meant George Bush got more votes but because Pat Buchanan received a lot of Al Gore's votes.

Pat Buchanan agrees...Pat Buchanan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the ballot was agreed to by the Dem Party Chair and therefore the Dems own fault for losing Florida and thus the Presidency...

Imagine how the world would have changed though; no Iraq invasion...thousands of living American soldiers, no $700B TARP bail out.... Nobody throwing a shoe at our President; all because the Dem chair in Palm Beach County didn't do her job very well.

Yet another lie in a long list of lies by the left.

Bush could have told them to take that banner down, but he felt the crew had accomplished their mission and they were going home. This is simply another example of the media removing the proper context of an event and warping it into whatever they choose.

The crew participated in one phase of the mission. The purpose of their mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam. That they did. The next phase was to clean up the mess. How is an aircraft carrier supposed to do that? They are machines of war, not policemen and contractors.

Gee, another victimization thread from Mudwhistle.

Have you ever not been the victim?

Grow the hell up.

I wasn't talking about myself numbnuts.

Grow the hell up yourself.
Yes you were...it's clinically impossible for you to do two things; take responsibility and not blame someone else for your tragic position in life.

Hello and good morning.

I spotted this graphic highlighting a very specific subset of voters that may spell doom for the GOP in 2016:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

What it represents is our President's margin with women in swing states only. In nine of the fourteen states, the President was able to post double-digit margins with women.

The GOP should be worried because of two things.

First and foremost, the odds-on favorite for the 2016 DNC nomination is Hillary Clinton. If she appears on a national ballot, she will garner similar numbers and likely even better numbers with professional college educated married women. Women will be energized to install the first female POTUS so turnout will be strong for Clinton.

Secondly and perhaps even more troublesome is that the states where Obama posted some of the largest margins are a mix of regions, demographics, and ethnicity. He had a 22% gap in Minnesota which is mostly rural, industrial Ohio had a 11% gap. Out west, Nevada had a 16% gap (as I recall in 2008, NV was a Clinton stronghold as was OH).

I am on record as stating the Dems should think long and hard before nominating Hillary. That still stands. I don't think these gaps remaining are contingent on Hillary being the nominee. But in terms of exploiting a pronounced advantage with a key demographic in battleground states...she may be the best man for the job.

The professional pols in the GOP know Sec. Clinton is the possible Democratic Standard Bearer and thus will continue to hammer her on Benghazi. Character Assassination is the game they play and it is a no holds barred and vigorous strategy sans honesty.

Who is more qualified to assume the Oval Office in 2016 then a former Sect. of State, a former U.S. Senator, a Former First Lady and a mother? Ted Cruz? Rand Paul? Sarah Palin? Or any of those who made a mockery of the GOP debates in 2012?

IMO Hillary Clinton is eminently qualified for the office of President, having held both legislative and executive offices and having developed a thick skin during 30 years in the public eye, under the always critical and active character assassins who are the architects of the right wing conspiracy.

I am hopeful that the Dems don't nominate her frankly. Time for new blood. The point of the thread is that the massive margins Obama put up may pale to what Hillary could draw.

Obama has made it so the public will not tolerate as much lying and voter fraud in the future elections.
He made it unlikely future dimocrats will be allowed to cheat as much.

What do you expect when over 100% of the registered voters somehow found their way to the polls.

I think registration should be harder, as in same-day registration, keeping people from registering through the mail in more than one district......etc.
Say what?? Where was there more than 100% of registered voters?

Women are a universal problem, not just the GOP.:lol: But seriously, the pendulum will swing for the young and productive. Redistribution of wealth, populist as it may be, is doomed for failure as it always is.

Would you please define with examples "Redistribution of wealth" in America today?
Food stamps and welfare in general and of course Obamacare for starters.

I will say this, the butterfly ballot swung the election for the GOP in 2000. Not because it meant George Bush got more votes but because Pat Buchanan received a lot of Al Gore's votes.

But the ballot was agreed to by the Dem Party Chair and therefore the Dems own fault for losing Florida and thus the Presidency...

Imagine how the world would have changed though; no Iraq invasion...thousands of living American soldiers, no $700B TARP bail out.... Nobody throwing a shoe at our President; all because the Dem chair in Palm Beach County didn't do her job very well.

What changes would have taken place?

Millions upon millions of new illegals
No armored vehicles for our troops
A hollow, useless military
$25 trillion in debt
Medicare and Social Security bankrupt
More than half the population without health insurance coverage
Total dependence on foreign oil
Electric bills skyrocketing due to Global Warming regulations from the EPA
$15/gal gasoline
Millions not able to afford air-conditioning
250 million on food stamps
50% unemployment including long-term unemployed

And the kicker,......the Democrat party in ruins due to an election revolt of major proportions.

What changes would have taken place?

Millions upon millions of new illegals
No armored vehicles for our troops
A hollow, useless military
$25 trillion in debt
Medicare and Social Security bankrupt
More than half the population without health insurance coverage
Total dependence on foreign oil
Electric bills skyrocketing due to Global Warming regulations from the EPA
$15/gal gasoline
Millions not able to afford air-conditioning
250 million on food stamps
50% unemployment including long-term unemployed

And the kicker,......the Democrat party in ruins due to an election revolt of major proportions.

No evidence for any of that...the proceeding 8 years of peace and prosperity whisper louder than your shouted, angry, desperate lies.

Last edited:
Women are a universal problem, not just the GOP.:lol: But seriously, the pendulum will swing for the young and productive. Redistribution of wealth, populist as it may be, is doomed for failure as it always is.

Would you please define with examples "Redistribution of wealth" in America today?

You mean taking money from the rich who steal the fruits of the labor of others and giving it back to the people who did the work?

You realize the main benificiaries of ObamaCare are working folks, right? Or that 40% of food stamp recipiants have jobs?

You mean taking money from the rich who steal the fruits of the labor of others and giving it back to the people who did the work?

You realize the main benificiaries of ObamaCare are working folks, right? Or that 40% of food stamp recipiants have jobs?
Redistribution of wealth never ends well. Look at the Obamacare nightmare and the perpetuation of poverty fostered by the welfare state.

Actually the main beneficiaries of Obamacare are insurance companies. Just about everyone else gets the shaft.

The problem with your stereotypical BS is you think that being rich means you ripped everyone off. That would mean every friend of Obama is a crook. Everyone in Hollywood is a criminal. Obama himself is a crook. Many of the richest members of Congress are Democrats. Most of the super wealthy in the North East are liberals. And most of the 5.6 million and counting that lost their health insurance are Middle-class stiffs.

Redistribution of wealth never ends well. Look at the Obamacare nightmare and the perpetuation of poverty fostered by the welfare state.

Look at France, Greece, and California.

Say what?? Where was there more than 100% of registered voters?

I'm still waiting, mud, ... Where was there more than 100% of registered voters?

Forum List

Back