Obama's Shocking Margins in 2012; GOP Should be Worried

Candy, those figures are educational but maybe your assessment is like that of generals fighting the last war. Women do no like candidates that brazenly lie,they may be more moral than men on this issue. Many women's votes are single women who count on the govt taking care of them and their kids, obamacare will blow that ship out of the water. And while we can never be sure, the chances of a repeat of those senate candidates saying a raped women can keep herself from getting(idiots that even I couldn't vote for) pregnant is not likely to happen again. Those two had a huge effect on the election. I would submit also that Hilary has plenty of baggage and little in the way of substantive accomplishments. The American people may also be tired of the presidential aristocracy that assumes the presidency belongs to them. Call me totally sexist, but Hilary is not an attractive candidate and such things do matter in elections. She was the shoo in candidate in 2008 and a virtual unknown and unqualified candidate beat her. I am not convinced of her inevitability.

Well, 2016 is two years away. A lot can happen. And there are other Democrats that look interesting. Sen. Merkley of Oregon is just one of them. But the GOP's continued actions towards women and minorities does not bode well for them.

Clearly, the Non-Living will continue to trend to Democrats at their historic 99%-1% basis

That's debateable.

Medicare for All: Chart of Americans Support

65% would support MediCare for all.

In fact, phrasing the question different ways get different results, but a majority supports universal coverage.

The real roadblock is that the Insurance Company has billions of dollars to spend to cloud the issue. But even they went along with this because they know their model is dying.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period"

"Mission Accomplished".

Their Mission actually was accomplished.

Sucks to be an Obama Fluffer

Candy, those figures are educational but maybe your assessment is like that of generals fighting the last war. Women do no like candidates that brazenly lie,they may be more moral than men on this issue.

If you buy into the narrative that politicians in Washington today are just in it for themselves and that they are corrupt, 90+ percent of them are going to keep their seat. Voting for that 90%+ incumbency candidacy is half-women. As for "not liking", I can agree. As for switching their vote for a non-incumbent who hasn't ever lied to them as a result...the evidence suggests otherwise.

Many women's votes are single women who count on the govt taking care of them and their kids, obamacare will blow that ship out of the water.

Really? And the life boat that will save them and their kids will come from the GOP? :lol:
Any other fantasies you want to relate?

And while we can never be sure, the chances of a repeat of those senate candidates saying a raped women can keep herself from getting(idiots that even I couldn't vote for) pregnant is not likely to happen again. Those two had a huge effect on the election.

Not sure/neutral. What is clear is that the assault on women's reproductive rights in ND, OH, TX, AR etc... has not done the GOP any favors. A lot of these laws listed below are new laws rammed through by GOP State Houses:

460x.jpg

You don't need Todd Akins when you have this sort of concerted attack on women's reproductive rights. Preaching tax relief for the rich when you don't think middle income women can/should control their bodies is a hollow argument.

I would submit also that Hilary has plenty of baggage and little in the way of substantive accomplishments.
Yes to the first part.

To the second part, she has plenty of accomplishments as SoS and in the Senate. That won't be the issue. The issue will be shedding Obama's baggage and her likability problem.

The American people may also be tired of the presidential aristocracy that assumes the presidency belongs to them. Call me totally sexist, but Hilary is not an attractive candidate and such things do matter in elections. She was the shoo in candidate in 2008 and a virtual unknown and unqualified candidate beat her. I am not convinced of her inevitability.

Me neither. Which is why I stated in the op "If she appears on a national ballot,"... However, those astounding margins Obama enjoyed over Romney (in Arizona!!!) are not contingent on Hillary Clinton's nomination. My point was that if she does appear on the national ballot, women will turn out in greater numbers to support her; that's just the way it is.

"Mission Accomplished".

Their Mission actually was accomplished.

Sucks to be an Obama Fluffer

Really... So the 4000 guys who died after that died of what, exactly?

And frankly, turning Iraq into an Iranian client state wasn't much of an accomplishment. I kind of liked it better when they were hostile to each other.

The USS Abraham Lincoln had a mission, and they accomplished it.

Why can't the "You didn't built that crowd" understand that?

If Obama had told the truth as he knew it at that time about Obamacare, he would not have been elected! That is an important example of voter fraud. Add Benghazi and IRS, and it should have been a Romney landslide.

Cover from the MSM helped Obama, and Christie helped him, and Romney could have been stronger. Even with only the truth about Obamacare, Romney would have likely won.

Want some cheese with your whine?

The proper way to run a thread is to respond with valid points to support your contentions, not insults.

Perhaps you'll learn this lesson some day, because this thread can easilybe relegated to the flamezone or some other trash receptacle.

I like cheese, but was not whining. I was telling the truth, but you likely have a problem with that.

Perhaps it's the time in your life to come clean. Admit that I am correct, denounce extreme liberal thinking, and you will feel so much better about yourself! :lol:

That you think there was voter fraud on a scale big enough to flip the vote is a sign that you're anything but correct.

Or sane.

The president’s reelection was a clear rejection of the politics of division and hate practiced by many on the right.

Actually Democrats invented the politics of destruction. Articles: Who the Democrats Really Are

So what are you talking about?

Democrats lied about the Bush tax-cuts for years calling them "Tax-cuts for the rich" knowing full well that this wasn't true, that the Bush tax-cuts cut taxes for all taxpayers, not just the rich. This whopper is almost as big a lie as "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance".

Democrats use racism, envy, hatred for other people as wedge-issues to buy votes, along with plenty of taxpayer money in the form of entitlements. It's hard to fight Magic Santa when all you have is morals and values to fight with, along with sound fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:
Women are a universal problem, not just the GOP.:lol: But seriously, the pendulum will swing for the young and productive. Redistribution of wealth, populist as it may be, is doomed for failure as it always is.

I like cheese, but was not whining. I was telling the truth, but you likely have a problem with that.

Perhaps it's the time in your life to come clean. Admit that I am correct, denounce extreme liberal thinking, and you will feel so much better about yourself! :lol:

That you think there was voter fraud on a scale big enough to flip the vote is a sign that you're anything but correct.

IMHO, it was voter fraud when Obama failed to tell the truth about Obamacare! Plus, lots of indication of traditional voter fraud.
Oh? Let's see your evidence of "traditional" voter fraud...

Women are a universal problem, not just the GOP.:lol: But seriously, the pendulum will swing for the young and productive. Redistribution of wealth, populist as it may be, is doomed for failure as it always is.

Wow, so you are misogynist AND racist.

Wealth has already been redistributed- from the working folks to the wealthy.

Working folks are just voting to take it back.

Wow, so you are misogynist AND racist.

Wealth has already been redistributed- from the working folks to the wealthy.

Working folks are just voting to take it back.
And you are painfully stupid JoeB. Need I remind you?

[

That's it, blame the guys on the ship for THIS optic.

g-cvr-080501-mission-10a.grid-6x2.jpg

It still looks silly. Up there with "Peace in our Time" in stupid images that turned out not to be true.

Yet another lie in a long list of lies by the left.

Bush could have told them to take that banner down, but he felt the crew had accomplished their mission and they were going home. This is simply another example of the media removing the proper context of an event and warping it into whatever they choose.

The crew participated in one phase of the mission. The purpose of their mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam. That they did. The next phase was to clean up the mess. How is an aircraft carrier supposed to do that? They are machines of war, not policemen and contractors.

If Obama had told the truth as he knew it at that time about Obamacare, he would not have been elected! That is an important example of voter fraud. Add Benghazi and IRS, and it should have been a Romney landslide.

Cover from the MSM helped Obama, and Christie helped him, and Romney could have been stronger. Even with only the truth about Obamacare, Romney would have likely won.

Want some cheese with your whine?

The proper way to run a thread is to respond with valid points to support your contentions, not insults.

Perhaps you'll learn this lesson some day, because this thread can easilybe relegated to the flamezone or some other trash receptacle.

Perhaps you'll learn not to be a sexist racist some day as well. I don't hold out much hope. You're the problem, with or without guns.

Or sane.

The president’s reelection was a clear rejection of the politics of division and hate practiced by many on the right.

Actually Democrats invented the politics of destruction. Articles: Who the Democrats Really Are

So what are you talking about?

Democrats lied about the Bush tax-cuts for years calling them "Tax-cuts for the rich" knowing full well that this wasn't true, that the Bush tax-cuts cut taxes for all taxpayers, not just the rich. This whopper is almost as big a lie as "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance".

Democrats use racism, envy, hatred for other people as wedge-issues to buy votes, along with plenty of taxpayer money in the form of entitlements. It's hard to fight Magic Santa when all you have is morals and values to fight with, along with sound fiscal responsibility.

BS: Lee Atwater wrote the book, Karl Rove added some chapters. Now the GOPers are dismayed that their hard-ball tactics are being used against them.

[

That's it, blame the guys on the ship for THIS optic.

g-cvr-080501-mission-10a.grid-6x2.jpg

It still looks silly. Up there with "Peace in our Time" in stupid images that turned out not to be true.

Yet another lie in a long list of lies by the left.

Bush could have told them to take that banner down, but he felt the crew had accomplished their mission and they were going home. This is simply another example of the media removing the proper context of an event and warping it into whatever they choose.

The crew participated in one phase of the mission. The purpose of their mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam. That they did. The next phase was to clean up the mess. How is an aircraft carrier supposed to do that? They are machines of war, not policemen and contractors.

Gee, another victimization thread from Mudwhistle.

Have you ever not been the victim?

Grow the hell up.

Hello and good morning.

I spotted this graphic highlighting a very specific subset of voters that may spell doom for the GOP in 2016:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

What it represents is our President's margin with women in swing states only. In nine of the fourteen states, the President was able to post double-digit margins with women.

The GOP should be worried because of two things.

First and foremost, the odds-on favorite for the 2016 DNC nomination is Hillary Clinton. If she appears on a national ballot, she will garner similar numbers and likely even better numbers with professional college educated married women. Women will be energized to install the first female POTUS so turnout will be strong for Clinton.

Secondly and perhaps even more troublesome is that the states where Obama posted some of the largest margins are a mix of regions, demographics, and ethnicity. He had a 22% gap in Minnesota which is mostly rural, industrial Ohio had a 11% gap. Out west, Nevada had a 16% gap (as I recall in 2008, NV was a Clinton stronghold as was OH).

I am on record as stating the Dems should think long and hard before nominating Hillary. That still stands. I don't think these gaps remaining are contingent on Hillary being the nominee. But in terms of exploiting a pronounced advantage with a key demographic in battleground states...she may be the best man for the job.

The professional pols in the GOP know Sec. Clinton is the possible Democratic Standard Bearer and thus will continue to hammer her on Benghazi. Character Assassination is the game they play and it is a no holds barred and vigorous strategy sans honesty.

Who is more qualified to assume the Oval Office in 2016 then a former Sect. of State, a former U.S. Senator, a Former First Lady and a mother? Ted Cruz? Rand Paul? Sarah Palin? Or any of those who made a mockery of the GOP debates in 2012?

IMO Hillary Clinton is eminently qualified for the office of President, having held both legislative and executive offices and having developed a thick skin during 30 years in the public eye, under the always critical and active character assassins who are the architects of the right wing conspiracy.

Forum List

Back