Obama's opening "fiscal cliff" bid seeks debt limit hike, stimulus

Yup, elections have consequences.

You mean like the fact this election put the Republicans BACK in control of the House? Or is that different?
the GOP actually decreased their majority in the House by 8 seats.

The GOP was elected to majority status in the House. Every seat was up for re-election and the people put the GOP back in charge of the most democratic institution in the AMerican government.
Chew on it.

And it is a joke. Even if Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House, and the Democrats had 61 seats in the Senate, there is no way he would get this.

The OP said it was an opening bid. If the other side doesn't like it, make a counter offer. Laughing and calling it a joke is counter-productive and seems to indicate the Republicans don't really want to deal. They're capitalists, aren't they? I presume they know what bargaining entails. Even the owner of a stall in the Gaza market knows how it works. Why are the Republicans so clueless?

You mean like the fact this election put the Republicans BACK in control of the House? Or is that different?
the GOP actually decreased their majority in the House by 8 seats.

The GOP was elected to majority status in the House. Every seat was up for re-election and the people put the GOP back in charge of the most democratic institution in the AMerican government.
Chew on it.
very true, however how much of this is due to gerrymandering? when you build safe districts its easy to win seats. rural areas are typically GOP controlled however urban areas are historically democratic controlled. the GOP also has a problem winning state and national elections.

And it is a joke. Even if Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House, and the Democrats had 61 seats in the Senate, there is no way he would get this.

The OP said it was an opening bid. If the other side doesn't like it, make a counter offer. Laughing and calling it a joke is counter-productive and seems to indicate the Republicans don't really want to deal. They're capitalists, aren't they? I presume they know what bargaining entails. Even the owner of a stall in the Gaza market knows how it works. Why are the Republicans so clueless?

The GOP has done nothing but make proposals. The Dems have done nothing but demonize the GOP and insist on higher tax rates for the wealthy to appease their base. They are not interested in sovling problems but winning elections.

The GOP has done nothing but make proposals. The Dems have done nothing but demonize the GOP and insist on higher tax rates for the wealthy to appease their base. They are not interested in sovling problems but winning elections.
The GOP havent proposed any cuts in the most recent debate.

rabbi doesnt do facts

Wrong.
What cuts have the Dems proposed? Oh yeah. Nothing. They don't want to cut anything. They want more.more.more.

If they saved us from the next Great Depression, then why do we need more stimulus, QE & taxes?

How stupid are these Obamabots?

Oh nothing..they put up a proposal that wasn't serious and was laughing about it
this is who dealing with your lives..but who gives a shit..

what isn't serious about it?

we need to build infrastructure. it's embarrassing how we measure up to other western countries in that regard.

and we need jobs. so your point?

i haven't seem anyone on the right say "cut military expenditures"... which is where the bulk of our money goes... as opposed to the small amount that is in discretionary spending.

how about you address reality?

or was the president supposed to win and say "ok...i give... i won.. you lost.. but you can still do things the way the american public rejected?

We need a high speed train from Nowhere CA to Las Vegas that will cost 150 million round trip air line tickets between LAX and LAS. Uh huh

Keep Obamaphones, cut the military. Uh huh

Oh and raise taxes

Wrong.
What cuts have the Dems proposed? Oh yeah. Nothing. They don't want to cut anything. They want more.more.more.
ive posted this about 5 times. so here you go again.

Current Plan:
Obama’s ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Proposal: $1.6 Trillion in Tax Increases

Plan Boehner and the GOP walked away from during the debt ceiling debate:
Grand Bargain Documents: Obama, Debt Ceiling - Business Insider

whats the GOP plan? what are they wanting to cut that is different? they only thing that they have said is that they do not want to raise taxes on the top 2%. they refuse however to name any specific spending cuts.

so for those counting, thats $1.6 T in new revenues and $400B in savings. or $2T. this is a good starting point, so what is the current GOP counter proposal? even the CEO of Goldman Sachs is on the record in support of this plan.

Wrong.

Current Plan:

whats the GOP plan? what are they wanting to cut that is different? they only thing that they have said is that they do not want to raise taxes on the top 2%. they refuse however to name any specific spending cuts.

so for those counting, thats $1.6 T in new revenues and $400B in savings. or $2T. this is a good starting point, so what is the current GOP counter proposal? even the CEO of Goldman Sachs is on the record in support of this plan.

Fucking ridiculous... the taxes gained by taxing the two percenters will run the gubmint for a few days and Having Goldman Sachs on board is enough to tell me it stinks to high heaven. Weren't you libs telling us a few short years ago that GS was the embodiment of all that is evil?

:lol:

Oh nothing..they put up a proposal that wasn't serious and was laughing about it

we need to build infrastructure. it's embarrassing how we measure up to other western countries in that regard.

i haven't seem anyone on the right say "cut military expenditures"... which is where the bulk of our money goes... as opposed to the small amount that is in discretionary spending.

or was the president supposed to win and say "ok...i give... i won.. you lost.. but you can still do things the way the american public rejected?

We need a high speed train from Nowhere CA to Las Vegas that will cost 150 million round trip air line tickets between LAX and LAS. Uh huh

Keep Obamaphones, cut the military. Uh huh

Oh and raise taxes
the vegas train would actually be privately funded, however they are looking for federal loan guarantees. have you ever driven the 15 to vegas on friday night? 6 hours on the road vs. 2 by train? i think you can do the simple math. its also about $200+ to fly round trip from LAX to Vegas, where as a train ticket is projected to cost $45 each way.

High-Speed Rail from SoCal to Las Vegas Could Be In the Works - Cerritos-Artesia, CA Patch
XpressWest High Speed Rail Line Would Extend California Bullet Train To Las Vegas

The "Obamaphone" is actually part of the federal program called Lifeline, which was started under Reagan, and expanded under GWB and Obama to include cell phones.

US Military spending as $700B last year. that put us first place by $550B over China. yeah, we need to be spending 3 times as much as the next guy.

Wrong.

Current Plan:

Fucking ridiculous... the taxes gained by taxing the two percenters will run the gubmint for a few days and Having Goldman Sachs on board is enough to tell me it stinks to high heaven. Weren't you libs telling us a few short years ago that GS was the embodiment of all that is evil?

again, what is the GOP plan? until they actually present a plan, negotiations can not begin. but Boehner, McConnell and the rest of the GOP have not presented a single plan yet.

and $1.6T will only run the government for a few days? i think you need to take basic math lessons again.

who ever said GS is evil? GS is typically on the side of republicans.

We could take Krugman's advice and begin preparing for a fake alien invasion. :lmao:

Current Plan:

again, what is the GOP plan? until they actually present a plan, negotiations can not begin. but Boehner, McConnell and the rest of the GOP have not presented a single plan yet.

and $1.6T will only run the government for a few days? i think you need to take basic math lessons again.

The $1,600,000,000,00 is over 10 years and isn't just on the 2 percenters.... that's inmpossible as they're not even worth that much in total.

And tell me again how sucking $1,600,000,000,000 out of the private sector is a good thing?

The $1,600,000,000,00 is over 10 years and isn't just on the 2 percenters.... that's inmpossible as they're not even worth that much in total.

And tell me again how sucking $1,600,000,000,000 out of the private sector is a good thing?
again, what is the GOP counter proposal?

we know we need to increase tax revenues. the Bush era tax cuts are skewed towards upper income earners ands were always meant to be temporary, so now it is time for them to expire. if the GOP wants to have an adult conversation about this, they need to show their card instead of just simply rejecting the Democratic plan.

They have two separate budget proposals on the table, both of which propose specific cuts. Obama's idea of a balanced approach is to ask for more money and pretend that the next president will deal with the cuts.

They have two separate budget proposals on the table, both of which propose specific cuts. Obama's idea of a balanced approach is to ask for more money and pretend that the next president will deal with the cuts.
in the last 2 weeks what have they proposed? let me think.... oh nothing.

Obama proposed the grand bargain totally $4T in spending cuts and new taxes, but the GOP walked away.

so whats the current GOP proposal on the table? can you answer that simple question?

If the Dems would pull their collective heads out of their collective asses, they might realize that the counter offer has been out there for a long, long time. Just saying that the Repubs have offered nothing does not make it so, except on planet bizarro. The interwebs is a fascinating repository of historical record......until Obama manages to gain control of its content.

The Spending Reduction Act | Republican Study Committee (RSC)

Forum List

Back