Obama's... Oops.. Wrong Track

Like adding a huge entitlement and not paying for it?

And that would be....what?

Bush's Medicare Drug plan. Passed by "capitalist" Republicans, and cost nearly as much as Obamacare. Financed by selling treasuries to China.

Thank you, kind sir. Though I was under the impression we were talking about some mystical entitlement Obama has passed, however your insight was greatly appreciated.

I like that Obama's ineptitude has created so much gridlock, it's good to have an inactive government. And there is not that much uncertainty. Health care is not likely to make it, card check is deader than John Murtha, as is cap and trade.

The labor market is just weak, and neither of the last two presidents did anything to encourage businesses to hire. Job growth under Bush pre-recession was anemic, and titled towards the public sector, which oddly didn't bother Republicans. Obama has followed up by making big spenders like Bush and LBJ seem cautious.

Right now most of our hiring is in health care, education, and government. If you just read the numbers and didn't know any better, you'd think we'd recreated East Germany.

Exactly! Lets do same thing that got us into recession in the first place!

Even better, lets double down on the spending that already hasn't worked ......:cuckoo:
While markets are up and unemployment is down...Get your wishful thinking to some place else.

Were still losing tens of thousands of jobs every month and the markets being "up" is artificial. But please keep telling us all this great economic news, Gibbs .........

Economics is a large part psychology. If people "think" we are headed on the wrong track, the situation will only get worse. Businesses are leary of hiring and consumers are hoarding their dough. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This is very bad news. We need a leader who can inspire confidence and we have one who only knows how to spend money we don't have. So much for that hope and change.

Economists call it 'herd behavior'.

Wait, people think that it sucks during the recession? No wai.

That's one of the takeaways from this. Another is that they have believed what Obama has said since before the election.

Worst economy since the Great Depression.

Pass the Stimulus and we'll avoid anything really bad.

Whoops! The economy is worse than we thought.

This won't be a quick fix. It's going to take some time.

Now, with everything that he's said rolled up into a general impression of the guy, that impression is,

"Well, I really have no idea what I'm doing here and all I really want to do is raise taxes, eliminate free enterprise, reduce our ability to compete globally and assure that our children live in a country where the USA has no choices and no options except to pay our debt.

I want to be like Jamaica."

The Big 0 is on course to dismanteling our position in the world and making sure that all we will able to do if there is a crisis anywhere inside or outside our borders is watch it on TV and feel really, really bad about it.

One cheer for the Big 0! (We can't afford the other two any more.)

It feels like 1979 in America. I remember those days clearly. No confidence. That is the problem here. Obama lies like most people take a breath of air. That is the problem here. Nobody trusts him. That is the problem here.

Even better, lets double down on the spending that already hasn't worked ......:cuckoo:
While markets are up and unemployment is down...Get your wishful thinking to some place else.

Were still losing tens of thousands of jobs every month and the markets being "up" is artificial. But please keep telling us all this great economic news, Gibbs .........

Unemployment is the last leg of the business cycle, Einstein. Last to go down, last to go back up. ECO101 my friend.

Even better, lets double down on the spending that already hasn't worked

How do you know if it's helped or not? You don't, nobody can, because we can't get a do-over. There's no way to know what would have happened if we addressed it differently.

It's not an unknowable. We can check history and see what has happened in the past. Most down swings last between 12 and 18 months. The government pretty much stands aside except that some say it's that guys fault and and others blame others. Talking points.

Due to the lies in the campaign of the Big 0, the worst economy since the Great Depression, the Big 0 was compelled to act and his Jack n Jill Congreesional leaders duped the public with a Trillion dollar money grab. If they had stood aside and done nothing except straighten out the Toxic assets (they still have not done this) we would be out of the woods and in a growth mode right now.

They spent the Trillion on bribes, pay offs, pay backs, favors and pork and just assumed that the economy would bounce back because it always has. Guess what? They don't know what they are doing. They managed to scare Americans so badly that they stopped spending. Unfortunately, spending is what makes the economy go.

They successfully killed the Golden Goose.

Now they find that they are spiraling down, don't know why, don't know how to stop it and can't explain why the big trillion dollar fix has not worked. They don't get, they'll never get it and they don't care. They are swindlers and moochers who see only the big bag of money and want to get their share before anyone else does.

That anyone else is you and me.

We have to just hope that they don't change too much before we vote their sorry pitutes out.

Even better, lets double down on the spending that already hasn't worked

How do you know if it's helped or not? You don't, nobody can, because we can't get a do-over. There's no way to know what would have happened if we addressed it differently.

It's not an unknowable. We can check history and see what has happened in the past. Most down swings last between 12 and 18 months. The government pretty much stands aside except that some say it's that guys fault and and others blame others. Talking points.

Due to the lies in the campaign of the Big 0, the worst economy since the Great Depression, the Big 0 was compelled to act and his Jack n Jill Congreesional leaders duped the public with a Trillion dollar money grab. If they had stood aside and done nothing except straighten out the Toxic assets (they still have not done this) we would be out of the woods and in a growth mode right now.

They spent the Trillion on bribes, pay offs, pay backs, favors and pork and just assumed that the economy would bounce back because it always has. Guess what? They don't know what they are doing. They managed to scare Americans so badly that they stopped spending. Unfortunately, spending is what makes the economy go.

They successfully killed the Golden Goose.

Now they find that they are spiraling down, don't know why, don't know how to stop it and can't explain why the big trillion dollar fix has not worked. They don't get, they'll never get it and they don't care. They are swindlers and moochers who see only the big bag of money and want to get their share before anyone else does.

That anyone else is you and me.

We have to just hope that they don't change too much before we vote their sorry pitutes out.

OK, ...Holy shit, where to begin.

- In the last year, the dow jones average is up about 4000 points, or about 60%.

- Retail sales are up about 12%.

- Job losses have leveled off and are reversing (Remember, unemployment is always the last to rebound).

- GDP has been rising steadily.

Exactly what measurement methodology are all you righties using to forecast all this gloom and doom? OK You hate Barack Obama, I get that. And there's plenty of reasons to disagree with the man on fundamentals, but the economy has done nothing but improve in the last year. If you're going to blame the shitty economy on Barack, I think you first have to show that it's gotten worse since he's been in office, then you have to explain why it's his fault.

1260547197.jpg

Chart-of-Unemployment-Rate-November-2009.jpg

U.S. Gross Domestic Product GDP Forecast

Yeah "Go Shopping" is the ticket. All we need is the leader who will inspire consumerism once again.

Actually, yes. An economic stimulus, this is something foreign to the idiots in DC, is something that stimulates SPENDING. Stimulating unemployment benefits or additional government jobs is not a stimulus for the economy. It is a stimulus for the Party's elite.

Stimulating anything paid for by the government is a stimulus for increased debt. Increased debt must be paid for by work paid for in the private sector. The government stimulates nothing. All it does is suck off its portion and deplete what is needed for real growth.

Copnnecting government growth to an economic stimulus is like connecting a refrigerator to a sprinter. Both will result in a slow down.

Seriously, you can't possibly be that fucking stupid!

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Actually, yes. An economic stimulus, this is something foreign to the idiots in DC, is something that stimulates SPENDING. Stimulating unemployment benefits or additional government jobs is not a stimulus for the economy. It is a stimulus for the Party's elite.

Stimulating anything paid for by the government is a stimulus for increased debt. Increased debt must be paid for by work paid for in the private sector. The government stimulates nothing. All it does is suck off its portion and deplete what is needed for real growth.

Copnnecting government growth to an economic stimulus is like connecting a refrigerator to a sprinter. Both will result in a slow down.

Seriously, you can't possibly be that fucking stupid!

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Seriously, he can.

Regrets anyone..? Obama and the Democratic Party... ah... what a bunch of maroons, admit it their just plain pathetic and I'm being nice about it.

Just 25% of U.S. voters now say the country is heading in the right direction, the lowest level of voter confidence since early January 2009.

Correspondingly, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 69% believe the nation is heading down the wrong track, the highest level measured in 14 months.

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports

I voted for him and I have no regrets. Has everything gone perfectly? No. He inherited a FUBAR and is working to untangle all of the knots. With all of the insanity he has to deal with, I think getting a stimulus package thru and getting this far on health insurance reform has been just short of amazing.

Regrets anyone..? Obama and the Democratic Party... ah... what a bunch of maroons, admit it their just plain pathetic and I'm being nice about it.

Just 25% of U.S. voters now say the country is heading in the right direction, the lowest level of voter confidence since early January 2009.

Correspondingly, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 69% believe the nation is heading down the wrong track, the highest level measured in 14 months.

I voted for him and I have no regrets. Has everything gone perfectly? No. He inherited a FUBAR and is working to untangle all of the knots. With all of the insanity he has to deal with, I think getting a stimulus package thru and getting this far on health insurance reform has been just short of amazing.

Obama was handed a mess with the economy. But if I was president and was handed an economy like that, my top priority would have been job creation, and not healthcare. Only in a mind as yours would anyone say he has been amazing.
The stimulus paid back his union cronies on some temporary union wage jobs, it has been a failure by anyone's standards, but yours.

Obama was handed a mess with the economy. But if I was president and was handed an economy like that, my top priority would have been job creation, and not healthcare. Only in a mind as yours would anyone say he has been amazing.
The stimulus paid back his union cronies on some temporary union wage jobs, it has been a failure by anyone's standards, but yours.

Totally agree.

The economy was in a mess and instead of working on that and job creation. Barry Boy was off in left field working on BS like green crap, Crap and trade and his bs healthcare bill.

The guy obviously thought the economy was a poor second to his bs agenda

After all. Everyone has priorities.

Forum List

Back