Obama’s net worth EXPLODES after leaving office

But in the last 2 years??? Because he can't do that while in office...….can he?

They give you money just to get the books published. It's not like he's some unknown author. Publishers will literally be throwing themselves at him to get him to write a book, because people will buy it.

And doing speeches, I mean, if you do three a week at $200,000 a pop, that $600,000 a week. That's a lot of money a year.

Yeah I get it about the publishers giving you money upfront and the consulting fees & all. Either in a link here or I had looked it up and found he made 20mil (I think?) on 2 books while in office, but didn't see anything about the speeches. Although those would have come after leaving office. But as I'd said he was more or less MIA for quite a while. And I'm pretty sure he didn't do 20 mil worth of speeches at your rates in 2 years. He didn't work that damn hard while he was in office

Well, just because you didn't see him, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It's very easy for him to have made a lot of money. Are you suggesting he's doing something dodgy? If so, what?

They give you money just to get the books published. It's not like he's some unknown author. Publishers will literally be throwing themselves at him to get him to write a book, because people will buy it.

And doing speeches, I mean, if you do three a week at $200,000 a pop, that $600,000 a week. That's a lot of money a year.

Yeah I get it about the publishers giving you money upfront and the consulting fees & all. Either in a link here or I had looked it up and found he made 20mil (I think?) on 2 books while in office, but didn't see anything about the speeches. Although those would have come after leaving office. But as I'd said he was more or less MIA for quite a while. And I'm pretty sure he didn't do 20 mil worth of speeches at your rates in 2 years. He didn't work that damn hard while he was in office

It's very easy for him to have made a lot of money. Are you suggesting he's doing something dodgy? If so, what?
Of course he can't tell you what dodgy thing.

Dodgy? IDK, it is Obama, after all and that's why I had asked. Doesn't it seem rather strange to make so much in such a short of time? Especially if he'd been on numerous vacations after leaving office? If it had happened (that he'd made all this money by book deals and speeches) the MSM that worships him so much would have made it headlines instead of quietly passing it by.

BUT after reading thru the link in the OP (too bad neither of you did), it actually says he made 20million on 2 book deals while he was in office....and that would put it into better perspective of making 40mil in 2 years.

No, it doesn't seem strange at all. He was President, people want to hear from Presidents, especially a President who was liked quite a lot by people with a lot of money.

And then you go 180 degrees and show how he made his money. Huh?

I'll say it very slowly so you can follow along...…..

From the thread title & OP and the link within the OP...….it led the reader to think Obama hit some major windfall (nearly $40mil) since leaving office. In the responses posters mention book deals, speeches and most recently the Netflix deals......to me it seemed like a lot of money in a short period of time, so I questioned it, especially in that first year he stayed out of the spotlight, enjoying vacations not giving speeches or signing deals. So I then went back & read the link in the OP which stated that he'd had 2 book deals worth $20mil during his 8 years in office....which actually made it a bit misleading as to the timeline....from 2 years to 10 and made more sense seeing how much he'd gotten for the books alone.

Dodgy? IDK, it is Obama, after all and that's why I had asked. Doesn't it seem rather strange to make so much in such a short of time? Especially if he'd been on numerous vacations after leaving office? If it had happened (that he'd made all this money by book deals and speeches) the MSM that worships him so much would have made it headlines instead of quietly passing it by.

BUT after reading thru the link in the OP (too bad neither of you did), it actually says he made 20million on 2 book deals while he was in office....and that would put it into better perspective of making 40mil in 2 years.

No, it doesn't seem strange at all. He was President, people want to hear from Presidents, especially a President who was liked quite a lot by people with a lot of money.

From the thread title & OP and the link within the OP...….it led the reader to think Obama hit some major windfall (nearly $40mil) since leaving office. In the responses posters mention book deals, speeches and most recently the Netflix deals......to me it seemed like a lot of money in a short period of time, so I questioned it, especially in that first year he stayed out of the spotlight, enjoying vacations not giving speeches or signing deals. So I then went back & read the link in the OP which stated that he'd had 2 book deals worth $20mil during his 8 years in office....which actually made it a bit misleading as to the timeline....from 2 years to 10 and made more sense seeing how much he'd gotten for the books alone.

Okay, and?

Okay, and?

:banghead: Got reading and following the flow of conversation comprehension issues??? I hear they have an app for that....

There is no 'AND'...….you had mentioned previously why I'd made the 180, I just spelled it out for you.

Okay, and?

:banghead: Got reading and following the flow of conversation comprehension issues??? I hear they have an app for that....

There is no 'AND'...….you had mentioned previously why I'd made the 180, I just spelled it out for you.

Yes, I have comprehension issues because what you're saying is all over the fucking place.

It's like writing "fksdgsdfklsdflksdflksgdlnk" and someone says "what?" and you say "comprehension ishshoes?"

obama-shh-280x175.jpg

Sounds eerily similar to the Clintons, doesn’t it?

Former President Barack Obama said he went to Washington to look out for the little guy, but new financial records show his family’s net worth has skyrocketed since he took office.

The Obamas are worth a mind-blowing 30-times more than they were when he was elected president in 2008 – and possibly much, much more than that.

Obama was worth $1.3 million when he was elected president in 2008.

He’s now worth an estimated $40 million – and that’s a low-ball figure.

Unlike most current politicians – from both parties – President Trump earned him money BEFORE entering office.

More @ Obama’s net worth EXPLODES after leaving office
I wish he would take his $$$, shut-up, and fade into obscurity where he belongs.

obama-shh-280x175.jpg

Sounds eerily similar to the Clintons, doesn’t it?

Former President Barack Obama said he went to Washington to look out for the little guy, but new financial records show his family’s net worth has skyrocketed since he took office.

The Obamas are worth a mind-blowing 30-times more than they were when he was elected president in 2008 – and possibly much, much more than that.

Obama was worth $1.3 million when he was elected president in 2008.

He’s now worth an estimated $40 million – and that’s a low-ball figure.

Unlike most current politicians – from both parties – President Trump earned him money BEFORE entering office.

More @ Obama’s net worth EXPLODES after leaving office
I wish he would take his $$$, shut-up, and fade into obscurity where he belongs.

How convenient that would be for you.

You'd not longer need to use your brain to come up with intelligent arguments full of facts and sources.

Forum List

Back