Obama's meltdown week? or his victory lap week?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Between SCOTUS and Holder this will be a very interesting week. Adversely it may only be a win win for Romney.
If the law goes down he can say we were right and proceed to offer alternatives. If it is upheld he can continue to campaign against it as it is widely unpopular.

Remember how puffy Obama got when that reporter confronted him during his speech on amnesty? Well now magnify that a thousand times and you may have a glimpse at the tantrum he WILL throw if scotus rules against him. And don't forget the SB1070 decision comes this week too I believe.

If Obamacare goes down 5-4 the MSM will rant and rant and rant against the USSC,

If its 6-3 or better, then the dems have a major <<<<spin>>>> problem.

As far as Holder is concerned, I'm not sure what happens with a contempt conviction?! As far as I know no charge ever went that far before, they always settled...

But yes, it should be an interesting week. If Obamacare goes down the stock market should explode.

• Banned
If Obamacare goes down 5-4 the MSM will rant and rant and rant against the USSC,

As far as Holder is concerned, I'm not sure what happens with a contempt conviction?! As far as I know no charge ever went that far before, they always settled...

But yes, it should be an interesting week. If Obamacare goes down the stock market should explode.

I have heard multiple versions of what COULD happen to Holder. Everything from grandjury speculations to it will fizzle into nothing. But the public's reaction is what Obama should be concerned with even if it goes nowhere.

Well yeah..

Because that's the way it is.

The court has handed down some wonderfully partisan and radical legislation over the last 20 years..starting with Bush v. Gore..which the majority commented should not be used as precedent. That one was amazing.

And along with some also amazingly bad decisions, like Lilly Ledbetter, the courts gave us Citizen's United..which opened up the floodgates to corruption and a government basically run by private interests.

This will be the icing on the cake.

And it will bode very well for Obama.

I have heard multiple versions of what COULD happen to Holder. Everything from grandjury speculations to it will fizzle into nothing. But the public's reaction is what Obama should be concerned with even if it goes nowhere.

Nothing is going to happen to Holder..unless the court reverses it's decision on Cheney v. the District Court.

Which might even seal the fate of the Supreme Court.

my guess is SCOTUS will through out the whole thing- that will be an unmitigated disaster for the Administration. Obama will have to eat his own dam peas afterwords. He can't make HC a campaign issue because it's a reminder of how he failed and his ideas aren't even popular. This is Obama's waterloo!!!!

Yes. It will be terrible if the Affordable Care Act, which is based on GOP ideas and modeled after Romney's Mass. plan goes down as unconstitutional. Just horrible for Obama.

The best part will be watching as the nutters in Congress try to resuscitate the popular parts of it while trying desperately not to issue a mandate. All the while getting pressure from health care companies who have just lost the mother lode.

Yes. It will be terrible if the Affordable Care Act, which is based on GOP ideas and modeled after Romney's Mass. plan goes down as unconstitutional. Just horrible for Obama.

The best part will be watching as the nutters in Congress try to resuscitate the popular parts of it while trying desperately not to issue a mandate. All the while getting pressure from health care companies who have just lost the mother lode.

You know it's going to lose when the dems claim "obama's crowning achievement" is totally a Republican plan with no input from obama.

You know it's going to lose when the dems claim "obama's crowning achievement" is totally a Republican plan with no input from obama.

How wrong can one post be. Let me count the ways.

I am not a "Dem".
The ACA is not Obama's "crowning achievement" as he is an elected official.
The ACA is not a totally Republican plan.
Obama had a great deal of input into the ACA.

That is some major wrong you got going' on.

Well yeah..

Because that's the way it is.

The court has handed down some wonderfully partisan and radical legislation over the last 20 years..starting with Bush v. Gore..which the majority commented should not be used as precedent. That one was amazing.

And along with some also amazingly bad decisions, like Lilly Ledbetter, the courts gave us Citizen's United..which opened up the floodgates to corruption and a government basically run by private interests.

This will be the icing on the cake.

And it will bode very well for Obama.

The Last 20 years LOL now that's a good one.

Forum List

Back