Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed By Andrew Sullivan

They are no more fucked up than the Repubs, so it has to be more than just them being fucked up.

I didn't say they were fucked up, I said they fucked up - as verb, not a condition. Democrats were lazy, and shot their wad, choosing to foist major change on the nation without doing the hard work of building consensus first. Then, to compound their failure, they electioneered an opponent so bad that even Hillary could beat him. And here we are...

My apologies for mis-reading your post. I do agree they fucked up, but that is because they are fucked up. It is hard for people that are fucked up to do the right thing.

They all are effed up, they aren't there to do the right thing. They are there do the bidding of the money people, hence ratcheting up the borrowing and spending. It's also why things are heating up so quickly in the ME.

They are no more fucked up than the Repubs, so it has to be more than just them being fucked up.

I didn't say they were fucked up, I said they fucked up - as verb, not a condition. Democrats were lazy, and shot their wad, choosing to foist major change on the nation without doing the hard work of building consensus first. Then, to compound their failure, they electioneered an opponent so bad that even Hillary could beat him. And here we are...

My apologies for mis-reading your post. I do agree they fucked up, but that is because they are fucked up. It is hard for people that are fucked up to do the right thing.

They all are effed up, they aren't there to do the right thing. They are there do the bidding of the money people, hence ratcheting up the borrowing and spending. It's also why things are heating up so quickly in the ME.

Now, that I can agree with.

Trump's legacy will be a shitstain on US history for the next millennium.

He'll go out like Nixon did.

Trumps legacy will be as a punchline to describe failed presidencies

Hopefully his legacy will be a wake up call. A warning of just how badly things can go when the political elite dismiss the concerns of the people they claim to represent.

A Trumpian presidency will be used to describe an inept president elected solely on lies, foreign intervention and popular culture
/----/ Only in LiberalPropagandaville
1234.png

/----/ What failed Trump policies?

Destruction of long held alliances and treaties
Botching the Iran nuclear deal
Destruction of the environment
Adding massive debt in a strong economy
Kicking people off of healthcare

More than anything, his isolationism. We are not an island, we cannot pretend the rest of the world does not exist.
/----/ Are you clinically insane? Did you vote for Obozo?
In declaring, “America, it is time to focus on nation building here at home,” Obama has reintroduced a line of reasoning for isolationism and protectionism.

[

/----/ Are you clinically insane? Did you vote for Obozo?
In declaring, “America, it is time to focus on nation building here at home,” Obama has reintroduced a line of reasoning for isolationism and protectionism.

No, I am not insane and no I did not vote for Obama.

And you are wrong as usual..at least you are consistent.

Obama was speaking of one specific area....Over the last decade, we have spent a trillion dollars on war, at a time of rising debt and hard economic times...

Now, it should also be pointed out that it was just bullshit and he was not much better than his predecessor in the area of misusing our military.

/----/
Destruction of long held alliances and treaties Only if those long held treaties and alliances were bad for America.
Botching the Iran nuclear deal How do you botch a botched deal to begin with? Trump unbotched it.
Destruction of the environment What environment has been destroyed? Where ? When? How?
Adding massive debt in a strong economy Only Congress can increase or decrease the debt.
Kicking people off of healthcare Got a list?
You're incapable of defending your positions so you just lash out with baseless charges.
You earn a special star for today:
idiot award.jpg

Last edited:
We've been carrying debt since Alexander Hamilton had his feet up on the desk.

And yet here you are complaining about the debt from Obama...you partisan hacks have very short memories.

William J. Clinton Presidency

The verdict is in - worst president ever.

Please repost where I ever complained about the debt.

I gave the links silly. Do you not know how a computer works?

Yes. I also know that commenting on nonsense claims concerning Obama and the debt is not complaining about said debt, but about the nonsense.

Oh...so you were not complaining about the debt, you were complaining about those complaining about the debt. I am sorry, I was mistaken.

I disagree with your view on the debt tough, just because we have always had debt does not make all debt equal.

Let's use me for an example. If I take out a mortgage for a house and pay it off on schedule, I will have debt for the next 30 years. But the fact I will have that debt does not somehow make it ok for me to live each month after that spending more than I bring in and adding more and more debt.

That is what our country is doing, and that is what you have no problem with. That is what makes you a "lefty". Nobody that supports a smaller government can support unlimited debt.

I don't, but neither do I get the vapors over it. 70% of the national debt is owed to ourselves.

From Sullivan’s article on Obama’s legacy

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

And yet here you are complaining about the debt from Obama...you partisan hacks have very short memories.

The biggest damage to the recovery was Republicans insisting that austerity spending was needed during a period of extreme recession

Throw on the brakes when we are trying to get the economic engine running again

Please show with reasonable detail how Obama's doubling of debt has resulted in getting "the economic engine running again".

First of all Obama has not doubled the debt
Secondly, the increase in the debt was a result of economic obligations made long before Obama took office

No other President has had to try to balance the budget during a major recession. Demanding it is pure idiocy.

Obama's national debt rate on track to double - Washington Times

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush

Obama Has More Than Doubled Marketable U.S. Debt

Better find the other parts, or remain an idiot.

From Sullivan’s article on Obama’s legacy

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

^^^^ You suck at this.

You suck all around.

/----/
Destruction of long held alliances and treaties Only if those long held treaties and alliances were bad for America.
Botching the Iran nuclear deal How do you botch a botched deal to begin with? Trump unbotched it.
Destruction of the environment What environment has be destroyed? Where ? When? How?
Adding massive debt in a strong economy Only Congress can increase or decrease the debt.
You're incapable of defending your positions so you just lash out with baseless charges.
View attachment 194283
Trump will be known for destruction without replacing

His impulsive, Ill advised, short sighted decisions will haunt us

Future generations will ask......WTF were they thinking?

/----/
Destruction of the environment What environment has be destroyed? Where ? When? How?
View attachment 194283
Trump will be known for destruction without replacing

His impulsive, Ill advised, short sighted decisions will haunt us

Future generations will ask......WTF were they thinking?
We were thinking we didn’t want that cow Clinton.

You also don't know what an investment is, or what a return on investment is, you willfully ignore valid points other people make in this case the Dem's responsibility for the rising deficit. You just continue spewing your nonsense, I think that's what people call trolling. :eusa_hand:

Quit with the fucking talking points.

Tell me what has the $537,883,433,862 worth of debt that has been added to our country in the last 4.2 months been invested in? What good will come from this
$537,883,433,862 worth of debt over the last 4.2 months?

The Dems, the Repubs and Trump are all complicit in it happening, that is what separates me from you fucking partisan zealots. You can only blame the other side, you cannot see the problems with your savoir, you cannot admit that he is not fucking walking on water and turning water into wine.

Lib please I have read your other posts you are not fooling anyone :auiqs.jpg:

More than anything, his isolationism. We are not an island, we cannot pretend the rest of the world does not exist.
/---/ And for a generation, Libtards have screamed WE'RE NOT THE POLICEMAN OF THE WORLD. Go figure on your 180.

It has only been a year. There are 7 more years to destroy what's left of the obamanation. His name needs to be destroyed. His family needs to be destroyed. He needs to be turned into the vocal manifestation of the curse he always was.

Forum List

Back