Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed By Andrew Sullivan

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This is to hilarious..

Andrew Sullivan: Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

Hilarious? Sounds like a twelve year old's response? You're not twelve are you. Change comes slowly but much of the ideas and positives of Pres Obama remain. Draft dodger and liar in chief Donnie John can only do so much as his failure over the farm bill proves, and the morons that come and go in his administration demonstrate. Our stupid pres proves democracy sometimes proves Churchill's quip. Emotion and hate work on snowflakes of the right but real accomplishments rarely come when all you do is BS your followers.

'28 Of Barack Obama’s Greatest Achievements As President Of The United States'

28 Reasons Obama May Go Down As One Of The Greatest Presidents Of All Time

'President Obama will leave office with the longest consecutive job creation streak in 75 years.'

Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments

One of the great ones. Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average [right wing conservative snowflake] voter." Winston Churchill

This is to hilarious..

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.
Y'know, what seems more hilarious to me is the self-aggrandizing need of Trump AND HIS TOADIES IN CONGRESS to erase all efforts of Obama, as though doing so makes them bigger Obama smaller. Actually it is quite the reverse, and it is Trumpers that become smaller.

What is TOO funny is the fact that the OP did not read the article that he cited.

The headline is boner material for him. But had he read the article, he’d have needed a fluffer. It is not complimentary to the idiot in the White House.

Moron.

Hilarious? Sounds like a twelve year old's response? You're not twelve are you. Change comes slowly but much of the ideas and positives of Pres Obama remain. Draft dodger and liar in chief Donnie John can only do so much as his failure over the farm bill proves, and the morons that come and go in his administration demonstrate. Our stupid pres proves democracy sometimes proves Churchill's quip. Emotion and hate work on snowflakes of the right but real accomplishments rarely come when all you do is BS your followers.

'President Obama will leave office with the longest consecutive job creation streak in 75 years.'

One of the great ones. Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average [right wing conservative snowflake] voter." Winston Churchill
You haven’t the brain capacity to understand the harm obummer did to this country. You live in the land of fairy tales

Y'know, what seems more hilarious to me is the self-aggrandizing need of Trump AND HIS TOADIES IN CONGRESS to erase all efforts of Obama, as though doing so makes them bigger Obama smaller. Actually it is quite the reverse, and it is Trumpers that become smaller.

Precisely......Frankie (the O/Poster) can ONLY handle the headline of an article.....for the rest, there are too many words for the moron to deal with.

When Andrew Sullivan was recently asked if he considered himself a GOP conservative, he responded:

.......the GOP is a rogue in the western world - the most extremist right-wing party in any modern democracy by a mile. Banning all abortion and all gay marriages? Denying climate change science? They're not conservatives, they're the loony right.

This is to hilarious..

This is spot on....

We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth

This is to hilarious..

Barack's two-term legacy can never be destroyed no matter how much you guys hate blacks..

Your examples are simply hilarious.

Being black is all he will be remembered for. Had he not been, he'd have never been president.

This is to hilarious..

They are doing precisely what they were elected to do.

This is to hilarious..

Barack's two-term legacy can never be destroyed no matter how much you guys hate blacks..

What is his two-term legacy?

This is to hilarious..

Pick up a book and read about it since you weren't alive the last twenty years.

Notice how the real nazi freaks have crawled out from every crevice to run as Republicanan sinceTrump has been elected?

The Great Obama’s legacy will do just fine

Stopped a Depression
Obamacare
Saved the banks and auto companies
Killed bin Laden
Recognition of Cuba
Gay rights

Any damage Trump has done can be quickly repaired

Trumps legacy is toast

Rejoin the Paris climate accords
Rejoin the Iran nuclear deal
Resurrect NAFTA and TPP
Repeal the tax cuts on the wealthy

Tear down the wall

This is to hilarious..

Oh, I've read plenty concerning Barack Obama. Much of it was media-driven bullshit. His own words damned him from the beginning, which is why they got little press.

Of course, the winners write the histories, but I can't in any case see Obama filling any honest historical role beyond the marginal.

This is to hilarious..

Oh, I've read plenty concerning Barack Obama. Much of it was media-driven bullshit. His own words damned him from the beginning, which is why they got little press.

Of course, the winners write the histories, but I can't in any case see Obama filling any honest historical role beyond the marginal.
Is that the requirement of every person that has served in the US govt. or just Oblama?

This is to hilarious..

Is that the requirement of every person that has served in the US govt. or just Oblama?

Requirement?

depositphotos_128216846-stock-illustration-pile-of-shit-with-flies.jpg

And Trump has cleaned most of it up.

This is to hilarious..

The Obama legacy of positive accomplishments is strong and large. Several links to many of them are contained in this thread, but you are apparently to lazy to check them out. So, here is one:
Before Obama the health care debate was about whether the federal government should play a roll in ensuring health care to citizens. The legislation that was passed under President Obama, signed into law and certified by the Supreme Court confirmed that the federal government had a roll beyond any doubt. No matter what form government assisted, subsidized, and regulated health care is provided by the federal government, President Obama will be the person who gets credit for ending the debate about whether health care to citizens is a responsibility of the government to be involved with.

Forum List

Back