Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

Speaking of flapping gums BFGRN, you probably own about 1/4 of the posts in this thread. For gods sake get a real purpose son. Let this thread die, you are single handidly keeping it going. You just gotta have the last word and prove everyone else wrong. Grow up.

Translation: Grampa is sick of being bombarded with the truth. It is disturbing his dogma.

Here's what you can do Grampa... don't click on this thread, or put me on ignore.

I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
Harry S. Truman

Speaking of flapping gums BFGRN, you probably own about 1/4 of the posts in this thread. For gods sake get a real purpose son. Let this thread die, you are single handidly keeping it going. You just gotta have the last word and prove everyone else wrong. Grow up.

Translation: Grampa is sick of being bombarded with the truth. It is disturbing his dogma.

Here's what you can do Grampa... don't click on this thread, or put me on ignore.

Harry S. Truman

I havnt been bombarded with anything but your ego.

Harry S. Truman

I havnt been bombarded with anything but your ego.

Hey Einstein...2 of the last 3 posts keeping this thread going were posted by.........YOU...:eek:

It is a bill in Congress now? How 'bout now? Now?

For something that was so straightforward and immediately needed, this is taking a while huh?

Most notably, the Republicans have not done a thing to slow its progress. Just a lack of action by Democrats.

Last edited:
It is a bill in Congress now? How 'bout now? Now?

For something that was so straightforward and immediately needed, this is taking a while huh?

Most notably, the Republicans have not done a thing to slow its progress. Just a lack of action by Democrats.

...which is, of course, the GOP's fault, because they'll call Democrats who submit this bill "doodyheads", and the Democrats are afraid of that.

if obama's "jobs bill" is all about jobs why is tax and fees mention so much in it?

if rich people are "job creators", where are all the jobs?
to try to answer such an oversimplified question is close to a waste of time.
There are two ways to go at this...
Since the one that involves the threat of higher taxes and more regulation plus federal deficit spending which is squashing business activity doesn't register with you people....let's try this one.....
What if anything can or will government do with the extra money?
Is it your assertion that washington will suddenly start engaging in fiscal responsibility?
Confiscating more money from those who own it is not going to increase revenue.
The additional taxation is a political statement. Obama said so in not so many words...he stated that he would veto any gop spending reduction plan unless he can have tax increases.

the additional taxation is a political statement. Obama said so in not so many words...he stated that he would veto any gop spending reduction plan unless he can have tax increases

yes he did.

The laws of physics do not apply to numbers and digital information bud. Keep digging

More importantly, by their very nature, they don't apply to decisions made by intelligent actors, or objects being acted upon by intelligent actors. Economics is a study of human behavior, and not subject to the laws of physics, and I can't believe even liberals would be stupid enough to need that explained to them.

When GDP and job losses are falling precipitately and suddenly they make an about face SOME outside force is responsible.

Just fucking say it: The GDP and job losses made a sudden about face at the exact same time the stimulus was enacted, but it was only a coincidence...

According to you we need to consider gravity the culprit. Yes, it was coincidence that the economic cycle broke near the same time as stimulus was enacted. From that point forward stimulus slowed economic recovery.

I don't know that it was all that coincidental. I think Obama was shown some favorable indicators, and in true liberal fashion, was unable to resist jumping in and meddling so he could take credit for anything good that might happen. Of course, also in true liberal fashion, he did exactly the wrong thing and stomped all over any chance at a recovery.

Let Obama veto a debt bill...

It will make the Solargate impeachment hearings go a lot smoother.

While the government might be dragged kicking and screaming into investigating the Solyndra scandal, there aren't going to be any impeachment hearing this close to an election. I doubt there would be even if the GOP had control of both houses of Congress.

Yes, the GOP are really concerned about the US people.

Remember this?
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president”

What a destructive and revealing statement.
How can anyone take their motives seriously after that?

What's "destructive" about getting a disaster like Obama out of office? I can't imagine anything more constructive.

Shouldn't their priority be rebuilding the US economy?

And getting that horror you racist, guilt-ridden libs wished on the country is the single best first step to doing that. Surely you don't think anyone's going to be able to rebuild the economy with President Doofus dancing around, going, "I'll handle this! Quick, throw me a few billion more! This is all about me!"

Pardon me for trying to foil a reelection of the worst US president in modern history.
Haven't you heard? Opposing Dear Leader is treason. The Brownshirts told me so.

There is a ethical role in this country that the minority party is bound to, if this nation is to remain a democratic republic. It is called the LOYAL minority. That role is to always put the people and the country before party.

Republicans have refused...

Shockingly enough, there is no requirement for everyone to define "best for the country" according to what YOU like. We still retain the right to believe your ideas are toxic and retarded.

Deal with it. Hopefully, the overwhelming reality will explode your delusional vacuum skull.

Haven't you heard? Opposing Dear Leader is treason. The Brownshirts told me so.

There is a ethical role in this country that the minority party is bound to, if this nation is to remain a democratic republic. It is called the LOYAL minority. That role is to always put the people and the country before party.

Republicans have refused...
Were you in a coma during the Bush Administration? :lol:

What is this past tense thing, where you imply that he's not in a coma NOW?

If obama's "jobs bill" is all about jobs why is tax and fees mention so much in it?

If rich people are "job creators", where are all the jobs?

Yeah, you're right. If rich people are holding off on hiring new people or expanding businesses at the moment, that OBVIOUSLY means they aren't the ones who create jobs, and OBVIOUSLY it's poor people who do that. You're such a genius.

Good luck finding a homeless person to hire you, Brain Trust. :cuckoo:

The first 'law' of ecnomics should be understood that economics is much more than the immediate result or effect. Unless it is considered through the eyes of history and with an eye to the parallel and future effects, it will almost always be done badly.

I think maybe some of us aren't doing that, however.

So our leftist friends promote the jobs bill as putting people to work today. But they are too often unwilling to consider the truth of how many jobs will be government jobs or only short term and how many people will not have opportunity to work later on due to massive increase of debt, massive costs of servicing the debt. And they won't even discuss a concept that paying money on the debt later on will of necessity pull from the very economic engines that create real jobs that people can count on to pay their mortgage, feed their families, and pursue happiness.

But they seem to think we conservatives are the stupid and heartless ones because we oppose mortgaging the future for ill defined and so far mostly nonproductive spending now.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. If rich people are holding off on hiring new people or expanding businesses at the moment, that OBVIOUSLY means they aren't the ones who create jobs, and OBVIOUSLY it's poor people who do that. You're such a genius.

Middle class and working class people more than poor people. Jobs are created by consumers of the products and services the jobs create and put on the market. Employers themselves are just intermediaries -- middlemen, you might say -- not "job creators." But poor people, because they are poor, can't do much in the way of consumption.

The reason that businesses are holding off on hiring new people or expanding is because they see a lack of customers to justify it. That's the one reason, the only reason, and the absolute reason. Nothing else has thing one to do with it.

When GDP and job losses are falling precipitately and suddenly they make an about face SOME outside force is responsible.

Just fucking say it: The GDP and job losses made a sudden about face at the exact same time the stimulus was enacted, but it was only a coincidence...

According to you we need to consider gravity the culprit. Yes, it was coincidence that the economic cycle broke near the same time as stimulus was enacted. From that point forward stimulus slowed economic recovery.

I don't know that it was all that coincidental. I think Obama was shown some favorable indicators, and in true liberal fashion, was unable to resist jumping in and meddling so he could take credit for anything good that might happen. Of course, also in true liberal fashion, he did exactly the wrong thing and stomped all over any chance at a recovery.

That may be the most ignorant, dogma driven crap posted here.

Conservative Economist’s Own Methodology Demonstrates the Success of Stimulus

Add conservative economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin to the ranks of experts whose work shows that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 operated exactly as intended, growing the economy and creating millions of jobs. It may seem surprising that Holtz-Eakin, the former Congressional Budget Office director, former chief economic advisor to Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, and current president of the conservative American Action Forum, would throw his support behind the stimulus bill. But that’s what he’s done—whether he likes it or not.

Why? Because the very methodology he repeatedly used to discredit the stimulus actually shows it was a remarkable success.

You see, for much of last summer, Holtz-Eakin had a favorite graph that he used whenever he got the chance. The graph purported to show that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was utterly ineffective at spurring economic growth. He loved this graph so much that he used it in no less than three different columns during the course of just two months, and even included it as part of his testimony before the Senate Finance Committee. (see chart)

holtz_eakin2.jpg

Here’s what Dr. Holtz-Eakin believed this graph showed:

The chart … shows actual GDP during 2009. It also shows what would have happened if the trajectory at the start of 2009 had continued the entire year (labeled “Continued Decline”)—that is, the graphical version of “the economy was falling off a cliff.” The shaded area is the difference—the additional GDP from not continuing to decline—and totals $268 billion.

If obama's "jobs bill" is all about jobs why is tax and fees mention so much in it?

Well, if I can't get a rich person to hire me, and I can't get a homeless person to hire me, where can I get a job while the Republicans are busy letting the economy fall to bits to get Obama out of the Whitehouse?

BTW I admire your intimidating command of the CAPS key and Smilies.

Well, if I can't get a rich person to hire me, and I can't get a homeless person to hire me, where can I get a job while the Republicans are busy letting the economy fall to bits to get Obama out of the Whitehouse?

BTW I admire your intimidating command of the CAPS key and Smilies.

If stimulus 1&2 didn't work. why would you think it's going to work this time?

That may be the most ignorant, dogma driven crap posted here.

Conservative Economist’s Own Methodology Demonstrates the Success of Stimulus

Add conservative economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin to the ranks of experts whose work shows that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 operated exactly as intended, growing the economy and creating millions of jobs. It may seem surprising that Holtz-Eakin, the former Congressional Budget Office director, former chief economic advisor to Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, and current president of the conservative American Action Forum, would throw his support behind the stimulus bill. But that’s what he’s done—whether he likes it or not.

Why? Because the very methodology he repeatedly used to discredit the stimulus actually shows it was a remarkable success.

You see, for much of last summer, Holtz-Eakin had a favorite graph that he used whenever he got the chance. The graph purported to show that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was utterly ineffective at spurring economic growth. He loved this graph so much that he used it in no less than three different columns during the course of just two months, and even included it as part of his testimony before the Senate Finance Committee. (see chart)

holtz_eakin2.jpg

Here’s what Dr. Holtz-Eakin believed this graph showed:

The chart … shows actual GDP during 2009. It also shows what would have happened if the trajectory at the start of 2009 had continued the entire year (labeled “Continued Decline”)—that is, the graphical version of “the economy was falling off a cliff.” The shaded area is the difference—the additional GDP from not continuing to decline—and totals $268 billion.

Crikey...I bet that'll change the minds of people that believe that the stimulus didn't work...

Forum List

Back