Obama's Foreign Policy - mission accomplished

cad

Jul 28, 2010
In a Meet the Press appearance, Robert Gibbs claimed that the Obama administration has “better relationships with countries” and “improved relationships . . . that make our country safer.” Obama and the democrats have consistently put forth the argument that he has restored our image abroad.

So let me get this straight. Bush gets three sanctions passed against Iran with votes of 15-0, 15-0 and 14-0 and he's a unilateralist.

Obama gets one passed, by a vote of 12-2-1. Our allies Turkey and Brazil actually vote against the sanctions. And obama is the great unifier.

Obama's efforts (if there have been any) on the Korean peninsula have resulted in N Korea sinking a S Korean ship.

Things are supposedly great now with Russia. Maybe because we've given in to everything they've asked for. And does anyone ever ask why relations had cooled when Bush left office? could it be that they INVADED GEORGIA? no, it wasn't that, it was because Bush was a warmonger.

Venezuela is building closer ties with Syria and iran.

How exactly, has the Obama open-hand approach been a success?

And let us not forget:

Our government apologized to CHINA of all people, for the AZ immigration law.
Our government allowed Mexican officials to scold and lecture us on the AZ law, which was far less strict than Mexico's own law, and we bowed down and took it like chumps.
Iran continues on it's quest to drop a nuke on Israel, basically saying "F you" to any threat of sanctions.

I'll say this, and do so with shock and disbelief that I'm saying it, but- the ONLY thing that is somewhat holding this administration together and avoiding a political Titanic sinking of the US government is Hillary Clinton. I think behind the scenes her and Bill Clinton are doing so much diplomatic damage control with other countries just to keep us afloat with our allies that, well, we may one day credit Hillary Clinton with saving our country from 4 years of Obama.

You guys are so full of shit it's hard to know where to start..

You think it's a GOOD thing to get sanctions against Iran? Why? What has Iran ever done to you except spank you in 1979, and like the neighbourhood bully you STILL hold a grudge. Ditto Cuba.

Who cares who Venezuela has diplomatic ties with? it's none of your fucking business.

Riiiiight - so somehow, Obama is responsible for N Korea sinking a S korea ship??? This is why you guys have zip, nada, zilch credibility when it comes to the criticism of Obama...An earthquake that is 10 on the Richter scale could hit New Delhi and somehow it would be his fault.

your hate is pathelogical...

You think it's a GOOD thing to get sanctions against Iran? Why? What has Iran ever done to you except spank you in 1979, and like the neighbourhood bully you STILL hold a grudge. Ditto Cuba.

Who cares who Venezuela has diplomatic ties with? it's none of your fucking business.

Riiiiight - so somehow, Obama is responsible for N Korea sinking a S korea ship??? This is why you guys have zip, nada, zilch credibility when it comes to the criticism of Obama...An earthquake that is 10 on the Richter scale could hit New Delhi and somehow it would be his fault.

So let me get this straight. When Bush was President everything was his fault, and in fact 2 years later everything is STILL his fault, but Obama is to blame for nothing?

i don't understand, are you standing up for obama or criticizing him?
i think strong sanctions against iran are a good thing. that whole, them having a nuke kinda scares me. maybe you think they should get one. we have 'em right? what i was pointing out was that it is hard to take obama seriously for claiming his foreign policy is increasing our standing in the world when the sanctions he passed were met with two no votes by two of our own allies.
obama is not responsible for n korea's actions. it's just difficult to believe the world is better off now with obama's open hand policies as opposed to bush's policies when n. korea is going around committing acts of war.
and yes, it's troubling when the leader of a country who constantly spews hatred towards the US is aligning his country with Syria and iran.

the fact that you don't find any of this troubling is well, troubling.

By your logic we had no business going to Europe in WW2 to stop the Nazis. After all, what did the Nazis ever do to America?

And Iran spanked liberal Jimmy Carter. Notice, the day Reagan got elected, Iran let the hostages go because he knew what would happen to him.

Next, do you think we should or should not intervene with a man leading Iran who has stated he wants to see Israel go up in a nuclear mushroom cloud, that the coming of the 13th imam will wipe Israel off the map, and who is pursuing the nuclear weapon to do just that? Or, should we just let the Middle East destabilize into a nuclear armaggedon? You know......that would not be good for the world.

The grudge with Cuba kinda has something to do with the fact they let Russia put nukes there that were aimed at Florida. Kinda a slap in the face, dontcha think?

Venezuela? Well, he's alligning with Iran, and of course, Iran sees us as the Great Satan. You should see the movie "Sum of all Fears" (Since I know you probably can't read the book). It will explain why a nation's alliances have consequences for the world.

And finally, no, Obama is NOT responsible for N. Korea sinking that ship. He'll be responsible for N. Korea sinking the NEXT ship, or firing a damn missile into Seoul, S. Korea, or Japan, or shipping a nuke to a country or group that hates us, because Obama has done absolutely NOTHING about the sinking of that ship. That was a test of Obama. They sunk a ship. He didn't do shit. They'll fire a missile. He won't do anything. Just like your "bully" analogy, the bully pushed us. Then threw a rock at us. Next he'll take our lunch money. Then get bolder and bolder.

But truthfully, if you aren't smart enough to understand why national alliances have impacts on global events, you're basically a lost cause and should be banned from ever voting again. But of course, our country doesn't do that, so please, press down hard on every "Democrat" button in the next election.

i think strong sanctions against iran are a good thing. that whole, them having a nuke kinda scares me. maybe you think they should get one. we have 'em right? what i was pointing out was that it is hard to take obama seriously for claiming his foreign policy is increasing our standing in the world when the sanctions he passed were met with two no votes by two of our own allies.
obama is not responsible for n korea's actions. it's just difficult to believe the world is better off now with obama's open hand policies as opposed to bush's policies when n. korea is going around committing acts of war.
and yes, it's troubling when the leader of a country who constantly spews hatred towards the US is aligning his country with Syria and iran.

Liberals want the rest of the world to "respect" us. They want to fly around in Europe and sip wine, or sit around with foreign exchange students at UC Berkeley and "relate" to them about world issues and have the admiration of globalists.

It's not gonna happen. It's like asking a liberal to respect the rich. As long as America is the richest nation on Earth, other countries won't respect us. We're the Yankees of the world as a baseball analogy. We're seen as the rich people of the world. Simple as that.

Under Bush, we were feared. Under Obama, we're no longer feared, but we aren't respected either. Now we are kinda laughed at. Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, Europe, Russia, China, BP, they are all playing us like a fiddle. And Obama knows it. Hell, I think he wants it to happen.

As with all globalists, he wants to be "respected" amongst globalist lefties. And being the rich guy on the block doesn't allow one to fit in with the locals and relate to them. Thats why lefties are OK with our fall from superpower status, becuase then they can finally join the drum circles in the grass at UC Berkeley with the foreign students and feel like an equal.

DrGrump is a typical Euro-weenie who thinks all ills in the world come from the U.S. The truth is of course the opposite. Without the U.S. we probably would have had nuclear war by now and the Soviet Empire would spread from Japan to Paris.

As to the OP, Obama's foreign policy is a disaster. IRan is a disaster. Afghanistan is a disaster. N.Korea is a disaster. Russia is sliding further and further back to the bad old days of the Soviets. Coddling dictators never works. Appearing weak never works. Countries have interests, not friends. And their interests are not served by a weak vacillating U.S.

DrGrump is a typical Euro-weenie who thinks all ills in the world come from the U.S. The truth is of course the opposite. Without the U.S. we probably would have had nuclear war by now and the Soviet Empire would spread from Japan to Paris.

As to the OP, Obama's foreign policy is a disaster. IRan is a disaster. Afghanistan is a disaster. N.Korea is a disaster. Russia is sliding further and further back to the bad old days of the Soviets. Coddling dictators never works. Appearing weak never works. Countries have interests, not friends. And their interests are not served by a weak vacillating U.S.

Nah, without the U.S., there never would've been much of a Soviet Empire to reach Paris. By 1950 it would've been the UNSR, aka the United Nazi States of Russia. And Hong Kong would be the largest city in Japan. And the great pyramids would have Italian flags atop them.

And sometime in 1994 Iraq would win the war with Saudi Arabia, and be preparing it's eventual move to take over Israel. Wait..........without the US, there would be no Israel. Cancel that last one about Iraq.

So let me get this straight. When Bush was President everything was his fault, and in fact 2 years later everything is STILL his fault, but Obama is to blame for nothing?

no..a lot can go on his watch, but not everything. NOTHING that happens in Venezuela, N Korea or Timbuk-fucking-too has anything to do with any president of the US...

I think that the way Obama is handling things is just fine. Is he doing a sterling, brilliant job? No. Is he a disaster? Far from it.

I couldn't give two friggin hoots about Iran. Most people can't. Just because they handed your arse to you on a plate after the revolution, you have this huge chip on your shoulder. Pakistan is more of a threat to the free world than Iran will ever be.

Your standing in the world with your allies is 1000 times better than it was under Bush. You see two of your allies disagreeing with you as somehow bad. Why? Isn't dissent a good thing?

The only reason Chavez gives you guys gyp is because you keep on calling him a dictator and call for sanctions against him. maybe if you kept your nose out of their business, he wouldn't give two shits about you..

I find it troubling that you're troubled by things that have NOTHING to do with you. I bet you're one of these guys who hate 'dern furringers' having an opinion about the US and sticking their noses into your affairs, all the while making statements like you have above...

Last edited:
By your logic we had no business going to Europe in WW2 to stop the Nazis. After all, what did the Nazis ever do to America?

And Iran spanked liberal Jimmy Carter. Notice, the day Reagan got elected, Iran let the hostages go because he knew what would happen to him.

Next, do you think we should or should not intervene with a man leading Iran who has stated he wants to see Israel go up in a nuclear mushroom cloud, that the coming of the 13th imam will wipe Israel off the map, and who is pursuing the nuclear weapon to do just that? Or, should we just let the Middle East destabilize into a nuclear armaggedon? You know......that would not be good for the world.

The grudge with Cuba kinda has something to do with the fact they let Russia put nukes there that were aimed at Florida. Kinda a slap in the face, dontcha think?

Venezuela? Well, he's alligning with Iran, and of course, Iran sees us as the Great Satan. You should see the movie "Sum of all Fears" (Since I know you probably can't read the book). It will explain why a nation's alliances have consequences for the world.

And finally, no, Obama is NOT responsible for N. Korea sinking that ship. He'll be responsible for N. Korea sinking the NEXT ship, or firing a damn missile into Seoul, S. Korea, or Japan, or shipping a nuke to a country or group that hates us, because Obama has done absolutely NOTHING about the sinking of that ship. That was a test of Obama. They sunk a ship. He didn't do shit. They'll fire a missile. He won't do anything. Just like your "bully" analogy, the bully pushed us. Then threw a rock at us. Next he'll take our lunch money. Then get bolder and bolder.

But truthfully, if you aren't smart enough to understand why national alliances have impacts on global events, you're basically a lost cause and should be banned from ever voting again. But of course, our country doesn't do that, so please, press down hard on every "Democrat" button in the next election.

1) Apples and oranges
2) LOL re Raygun...sure, that's the reason they handed the hostages over..:cuckoo:
3) :cuckoo: re Iran. When was the last time Iran invaded anybody? Israel can look after itself. It has its own nukes..
4) Cuba is a sovereign nation and should be able to do whatever the fuck they want. You mean unlike having US bases in West Germany during the cold war with missiles aimed at Moscow. That aside, the CMC was almost 50 YEARS ago..
5) LOL about me reading a book. Says a guy who gets is position on foreign policy from a piece of fiction. Hey, you know "Jack and the Beanstalk"? Fiction - or do you think otherwise?
6) If you want to be part of the Great Game then suck it up Big Boy. Don't get all pissy if you get your arse smacked. Of course there are consequences - but please don't sit there, with you hand on your heart, saluting the flag and say that America is the greatest country in the world and is for freedom, apple pie etc, when you believe in causing the deaths of thousands, if not 100s of 1000s of peoples over the past few decades because you are 'right'.
7) I'm not American, Newby,....

Liberals want the rest of the world to "respect" us. They want to fly around in Europe and sip wine, or sit around with foreign exchange students at UC Berkeley and "relate" to them about world issues and have the admiration of globalists.

It's not gonna happen. It's like asking a liberal to respect the rich. As long as America is the richest nation on Earth, other countries won't respect us. We're the Yankees of the world as a baseball analogy. We're seen as the rich people of the world. Simple as that.

Under Bush, we were feared. Under Obama, we're no longer feared, but we aren't respected either. Now we are kinda laughed at. Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, Europe, Russia, China, BP, they are all playing us like a fiddle. And Obama knows it. Hell, I think he wants it to happen.

As with all globalists, he wants to be "respected" amongst globalist lefties. And being the rich guy on the block doesn't allow one to fit in with the locals and relate to them. Thats why lefties are OK with our fall from superpower status, becuase then they can finally join the drum circles in the grass at UC Berkeley with the foreign students and feel like an equal.

There is nothing wrong with getting respect. Respect gets things done.

BIGGEST FALLACY IN THE WORLD: "Under Bush, we were feared". BUULLSHHITTTT!!!

Um, tell me Einstein, who was in the WH on 9-11? B-b-b-ut the US was feared, right? How about the dozens of tapes released by OBL calling for jihad? he sounded really scared, didn't he?:cuckoo: How about after "mission accomplished" in Iraq? What, no US or other national's soldiers have died since then, right? Because you were feared?

Try LAUGHING STOCK. That is what you were under Bush. Trust me, I don't live in the US, and there were many adjectives to describe the US while he was president. 'Fear' didn't even make the extensive list.

how is Europe playing you like a fiddle? And Russia and China? The only thing worrying the rest of the world about the US is that your economy might collapse - and that has nothing to do with respect, but fear. Because if your economy goes belly up, the world financial markets are gonna come crashing down. But you know, you conservative whackjobs would be ok about that, just like you were ok for the banks to go under or the car industry to go under, right? Because that happening would have been great for the economy, right? 'That's capitalism, folks!" Fuck, you're a Moron...

You can always tell the intelligence of a conservative poster if they give a shit about the US being a super power. Who gives a flying fuck. What is more important, your status, or your standard of living. You con retards get all het up about the wrong shit. No wonder the US Conservative is the LAUGHING STOCK of the rest of the world (and, yes, that includes conservatives in other countries)...

Last edited:

Great, now the peanut gallery gets involved. Afghanistan has been a disaster since the days of the British Raj. Russia has been sliding since Putin took over, nothing to do with Obama. N Korea has ALWAYS been a basket case.

Coddling dictators never works, you are right. Lucky Obama isn't doing that. There is nothing weak about the US at the moment as far as military might is concerned. Anybody who believes otherwise is nothing but a partisan hack..

Come on ConHog you should know better than that. Hell they are still blaming Reagan for a bad economy. Even when we did not have a bad economy during the last two years of his first term and for 20 plus years after that.

Nah, without the U.S., there never would've been much of a Soviet Empire to reach Paris. By 1950 it would've been the UNSR, aka the United Nazi States of Russia. And Hong Kong would be the largest city in Japan. And the great pyramids would have Italian flags atop them.

And sometime in 1994 Iraq would win the war with Saudi Arabia, and be preparing it's eventual move to take over Israel. Wait..........without the US, there would be no Israel. Cancel that last one about Iraq.

I question the last part of your reply. I think England had more to do with the rebirth of an Israelie nation then did the U.S. but of course we did give the final ok.

In a Meet the Press appearance, Robert Gibbs claimed that the Obama administration has “better relationships with countries” and “improved relationships . . . that make our country safer.” Obama and the democrats have consistently put forth the argument that he has restored our image abroad.

So let me get this straight. Bush gets three sanctions passed against Iran with votes of 15-0, 15-0 and 14-0 and he's a unilateralist.

Obama gets one passed, by a vote of 12-2-1. Our allies Turkey and Brazil actually vote against the sanctions. And obama is the great unifier.

Obama's efforts (if there have been any) on the Korean peninsula have resulted in N Korea sinking a S Korean ship.

Things are supposedly great now with Russia. Maybe because we've given in to everything they've asked for. And does anyone ever ask why relations had cooled when Bush left office? could it be that they INVADED GEORGIA? no, it wasn't that, it was because Bush was a warmonger.

Venezuela is building closer ties with Syria and iran.

How exactly, has the Obama open-hand approach been a success?

other than wanting to attribute shrub's stupidity to obama, where does 'mission accomplished' come in?

let me know when the president puts on that stupid flight suit.

*shrug*

The issue is that an Obama spokesman gave the administration credit for making the world safer when it is in fact no safer than it was during the Bush administration and arguably more dangerous than it was during the Bush years.

Obama is weak on foreign policy. For that matter, he's also weak on domestic policy. But, trying to stay on topic here, saying that he's made the world safer is like saying that Hitler is directly responsible for improving US-UK relations. It ignores the real issue by trying to spin it into something that isn't germane.

So OBAMA is responsible for North Korea sinking a ship?

Man! ~ he's way more influential than I'd though.

Forum List

Back