Obama's Evolving Opinion On Same-sex Marriage

Why is the President so non-committal on this? From a social position, moderates, independents, and liberals are by and large in agreement with him. Is he trying to attract the Religious Right? Can he not show leadership or definitivenrss on something so easy?

It's not "so easy". Supporting marriage equality at this juncture wouldn't be prudent. The right isn't exactly excited about Romney, but make marriage equality an issue and it will rile the RW base.

He is not worried about the RW base. That's asinine. Anyone that is going to go to the polls because Obama supports gay marriage already firmly believes he does and nothing he does changes that. As said in this thread, he is worried about the minority vote as they are vehemently anti gay. I really don't think it will affect the black vote though. He gets widespread support in that group partially because he is also black. I don't think they would jump ship over gay marriage but the Latino vote might loose some of their steam.

Either way, it is politics. I don't see why anyone would expect different. He is not flip flopping or lying in this regard, he is simply choosing his words and who says them wisely. Seems as asinine thing to complain about when there are mountains of other topics.

It matters to gay people.
Knowing that....isn't it up to you Gay-people to influence Congress....and, do something about it?

You keep forgetting about it, 'cause The President forgets to remind you?

300.gif

Why is the President so non-committal on this? From a social position, moderates, independents, and liberals are by and large in agreement with him. Is he trying to attract the Religious Right? Can he not show leadership or definitivenrss on something so easy?

Because the Majority of Americans do not Support Gay Marriage. :thup:

And that Percentage is higher in Latino and Black Communities.

But most do and would Support Civil Unions because Same Sex Coupling is not Naturally Equal to Opposite Sex Coupling.

Fact not Fiction.

:)

peace...

Obama wants it both ways (not a bi-joke). He can keep his anti-marriage stance while sending his underlings out to proclaim support for gay marraige. That of course is supposed to satisfy them and keep them clinging to the belief that the prez actually gives a damn.

Knowing that....isn't it up to you Gay-people to influence Congress....and, do something about it?

300.gif

Who started the thread you homo?:lol:
Yeah, I started the thread, but I'm not Gay.

You said Obama's opinion matters to Gay-people, and.....how would you KNOW that, if you weren't Gay????

321.gif

Because you stupid fuck gay marriage would matter to gay people, because its their issue. Its not hard to figure out, kind of like illegal immigration policy will matter to illegals.:eusa_shhh:

It's not "so easy". Supporting marriage equality at this juncture wouldn't be prudent. The right isn't exactly excited about Romney, but make marriage equality an issue and it will rile the RW base.

He is not worried about the RW base. That's asinine. Anyone that is going to go to the polls because Obama supports gay marriage already firmly believes he does and nothing he does changes that. As said in this thread, he is worried about the minority vote as they are vehemently anti gay. I really don't think it will affect the black vote though. He gets widespread support in that group partially because he is also black. I don't think they would jump ship over gay marriage but the Latino vote might loose some of their steam.

Either way, it is politics. I don't see why anyone would expect different. He is not flip flopping or lying in this regard, he is simply choosing his words and who says them wisely. Seems as asinine thing to complain about when there are mountains of other topics.

We need a break from talking about the bin laden raid.

I don't care what gay people do.
Asking the President to take a stand on it in an election year is totally laughable though.

It matters to gay people.

300.gif

You were doing real good until you called Gravity a homo. Look at his avi. Does THAT look like a homo's avi? I think not.

More cons against gay marriage?
Tell that to the Calif. voters who voted overwhelmingly against gay marriages along with other blue states.
The majority of Americans do think that gays should have equal rights in laws, they are saying that most would accept civil marriages.

I don't care what gay people do.
Asking the President to take a stand on it in an election year is totally laughable though.

.....But, pretty-much expected of "conservatives", by their pimps on Wall $treet.​

Forum List

Back