OBAMA'S ECONOMY-UNemployment AND UNderemployment UP, near/@ records

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
Damn news cycle. I coulda used this to further my epic pwnage of lefty sheep here last night.:lol:

Gallup Finds Unemployment at 9.6% in December
Underemployment rose to 19.0% in December from 17.2% at the end of November
by Dennis Jacobe, Chief Economist

PRINCETON, NJ -- Unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, increased to 9.6% at the end of December -- up from 9.3% in mid-December and 8.8% at the end of November.

Meanwhile, the percentage of part-time workers who want full-time work increased to 9.4% of the workforce in December -- up from 9.2% in mid-December and 8.4% at the end of November.

The increase in Gallup's U.S. unemployment rate and the worsening in the percentage of part-time workers wanting full-time work combined to raise underemployment to 19.0% in December from 18.5% in mid-December and 17.2% at the end of November.

Implications

The U.S. unemployment picture may seem unusually confusing these days. Gallup monitoring showed a sharp improvement in the jobs situation in November, particularly as companies added holiday workers. However, the government surprised Gallup and most other economic observers as it reported last month that the U.S. unemployment rate increased to 9.8% in November. It appears that the government made a larger seasonal adjustment than was generally anticipated for the month.

Gallup Finds Unemployment at 9.6% in December

In plain speak: THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION LIES.

I dont really know the exact reason but Im going to give a bullshit OP(atleast his conclusions are bullshit) a bullshit response...

Obviously, businesses are afraid of the incoming Republican majority in the House and the uncertainty their ineptitude will bring.

Last edited:
The unemployed and under employed are courtesy of Republican Union busting, overtime rule changes and tax loop holes that encourage off and near shoring. Additionally the deregulation of the banking and financial industries led to the near collapse of the American economy. Not to mention the 40K factory closures during the Bush administration.

Last edited:
I dont really know the exact reason but Im going to give a bullshit OP(atleast his conclusions are bullshit) a bullshit response...

Obviously, businesses are afraid of the incoming Republican majority in the House and the uncertainty their ineptitude will bring.

In other words, you BS cuz you know you can't refute the obvious, damming implications for Obama and ilk from a credible, objective source.

Thanks, dually noted....

The unemployed and under employed are courtesy of Republican Union busting, overtime rule changes and tax loop holes that encourage off and near shoring. Additionally the deregulation of the banking and financial industries led to the near collapse of the American economy. Not to mention the 40K factory closures during the Bush administration.

Typical, predictable smoke and mirror, BS deflection that I predicted.:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't decide if this one of the funniest or dumbest posts I've ever read.

In other words, you BS cuz you know you can't refute the obvious, damming implications for Obama and ilk from a credible, objective source.

Thanks, dually noted....

What implications? That Unemployment, Underemployment, and the number of underemployed looking for full time employment is about the same as it was before the holiday shopping season? Clearly the ecomony is not ideal but looking at these ecomonic indicators over a period of November and December 2010 may not lead to the best overall conculsions.

Also, where is the Obama administration lying about any of this information?

Typical, predictable smoke and mirror, BS deflection that I predicted.:lol::lol::lol:

Well that's your rote response for just about everything. If you knew had to script you'd probably save yourself some carpal tunnel.

By the way..where's the belt?:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't decide if this one of the funniest or dumbest posts I've ever read.

Both?

The U.S. unemployment picture may seem unusually confusing these days. Gallup monitoring showed a sharp improvement in the jobs situation in November, particularly as companies added holiday workers. However, the government surprised Gallup and most other economic observers as it reported last month that the U.S. unemployment rate increased to 9.8% in November. It appears that the government made a larger seasonal adjustment than was generally anticipated for the month.

Ummm why do you think the Obama administration (and no one outside BLS or the Census have access to any of the data until release) lied to make things appear worse? Please explain to the class what seasonal adjustment is, why it's used, and why you think in this case there were "lies" and preciesely what those lies were.

I will settle down to the quiet hum of crickets chirping as you fail to answer.

they_took_our_jobs_tshirt-d235648038281095886yhmi_325.jpg

Unemployment rate falls to 9.4% as employers add 103,000 jobs - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation's unemployment rate dropped to 9.4% last month, lowest level in 19 months. That was because more people found jobs, but also because some people gave up on their job searches.
The Labor Department says employers added 103,000 jobs in December, an improvement from November but far below most analysts' expectations.

Private employers added a net total of 113,000 jobs last month. Government shed 10,000.

More people were hired in previous months than the government first estimated.

Last edited:

link?

Ummm why do you think the Obama administration (and no one outside BLS or the Census have access to any of the data until release) lied to make things appear worse? Please explain to the class what seasonal adjustment is, why it's used, and why you think in this case there were "lies" and preciesely what those lies were.

Are you serious?:lol:

Seasonal adjustments have to be made when for example, the admin. tries to gauge fluctuations in the job market/unemployment.

Trying to taper down the bad news, by reporting a worse figure than actually was to claim that "oh it's ok see it's not really as bad as we thought we're recovering" is still being dishonest.

Thanks for playing.

Unemployment rate falls to 9.4% as employers add 103,000 jobs - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation's unemployment rate dropped to 9.4% last month, lowest level in 19 months. That was because more people found jobs, but also because some people gave up on their job searches.
The Labor Department says employers added 103,000 jobs in December, an improvement from November but far below most analysts' expectations.

Private employers added a net total of 113,000 jobs last month. Government shed 10,000.

More people were hired in previous months than the government first estimated.

By Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Employers hired fewer workers than expected in December and a surprisingly large number of people gave up searching for work, tempering the positive news of a big drop in the unemployment rate.

But he cautioned that if the economy continued to create jobs "at this pace we're not going to see sustained declines in the unemployment rate."

The economy created an average of 94,000 jobs a month last year, far short of the at least 125,000 jobs needed to keep the jobless rate from rising. A faster pace might be needed now with so many discouraged workers sitting on the sidelines.

Jobs growth disappoints but jobless rate falls - Yahoo! Finance

Seasonal adjustments have to be made when for example, the admin. tries to gauge fluctuations in the job market/unemployment.
Which is what they do. I'm not sure why you think that's lying.

Trying to taper down the bad news, by reporting a worse figure than actually was to claim that "oh it's ok see it's not really as bad as we thought we're recovering" is still being dishonest.
And where's your evidence that that was what was done?

Which is what they do. I'm not sure why you think that's lying.

And where's your evidence that that was what was done?

..........MY FUCKIN OP.

Why can so few Obamabots read????

Forum List

Back