ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
You won't hear about this much in the liberal media:

Obama church published Hamas terror manifesto

Compares charter calling for murder
of Jews to Declaration of Independence

March 20, 2008

JERUSALEM – Sen. Barack Obama's Chicago church reprinted a manifesto by Hamas that defended terrorism as legitimate resistance, refused to recognize the right of Israel to exist and compared the terror group's official charter – which calls for the murder of Jews – to America's Declaration of Independence.

The Hamas piece was published on the "Pastor's Page" of the Trinity United Church of Christ newsletter reserved for Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., whose anti-American, anti-Israel remarks landed Obama in hot water, prompting the presidential candidate to deliver a major race speech earlier this week.

Hamas, responsible for scores of shootings, suicide bombings and rocket launchings against civilian population centers, is listed as a terrorist group by the U.S. State Department.

The revelation follows a recent WND article quoting Israeli security officials who expressed "concern" about Robert Malley, an adviser to Obama who has advocated negotiations with Hamas and providing international assistance to the terrorist group.

In his July 22, 2007, church newsletter, Wright reprinted an article by Mousa Abu Marzook, identified in the publication as a "deputy of the political bureau of Hamas." A photo image of the piece was captured and posted today by the business blog BizzyBlog, which first brought attention to it. The Hamas article was first published by the Los Angeles Times, garnering the newspaper much criticism.

According to senior Israeli security officials, Marzook, who resides in Syria alongside Hamas chieftain Khaled Meshaal, is considered the "brains" behind Hamas, designing much of the terror group's policies and ideology. Israel possesses what it says is a large volume of specific evidence that Marzook has been directly involved in calling for or planning scores of Hamas terrorist offensives, including deadly suicide bombings. He was also accused of attempting to set up a Hamas network in the U.S.

Marzook's original piece was titled, "Hamas' stand" but was re-titled "A Fresh View of the Palestinian Struggle" by Obama's church newsletter. The newsletter also referred to Hamas as the "Islamic Resistance Movement," and added in its introduction that Marzook was addressing Hamas' goals for "all of Palestine."

In the manifesto, Marzook refers to Hamas' "resistance" – the group's perpetuation of anti-Israel terrorism targeting civilians – as "legal resistance," which, he argues, is "explicitly supported by the Fourth Geneva Convention."

The Convention, which refers to the rights of people living under occupation, does not support suicide bombings or rocket attacks against civilian population centers, the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America noted.

Marzook refers to Hamas' official charter as "an essentially revolutionary document" and compares the violent creed to the Declaration of Independence, which, Marzook states, "simply did not countenance any such status for the 700,000 African slaves at that time."

Hamas' charter calls for the murder of Jews. Among its platforms is a statement that the "[resurrection] will not take place until the Muslims fight the Jews and the Muslims kill them, and the rock and the tree will say: 'Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, kill him!'"

cont:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59456

I don't think anyone wants to be judged by what is said in their church by a minister, priest, mullah, or rabbi unless that something agrees with their personal beliefs. No one should blindly follow anyone. I see the church and minister issue as a distraction from the real issues that face America.

from Barack's talk in Philadelphia

"In the end, then, what is called for is nothing more, and nothing less, than what all the world’s great religions demand – that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother’s keeper, Scripture tells us. Let us be our sister’s keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well.

For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.

That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, “Not this time.” This time we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. This time we want to reject the cynicism that tells us that these kids can’t learn; that those kids who don’t look like us are somebody else’s problem. The children of America are not those kids, they are our kids, and we will not let them fall behind in a 21st century economy. Not this time."

Again for the slow, the man is a CLOSE personal friend, a mentor and Obama has belonged to his Church for over 20 years. NO WAY he does not know the man believes this crap. Unless your claiming Obama is to stupid to be able to discern over all that time the true nature of his " friend" and advisor. And then pray tell what does THAT tell us about Obama and making him President?

I don't think anyone wants to be judged by what is said in their church by a minister, priest, mullah, or rabbi unless that something agrees with their personal beliefs. No one should blindly follow anyone. I see the church and minister issue as a distraction from the real issues that face America.

"In the end, then, what is called for is nothing more, and nothing less, than what all the world’s great religions demand – that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother’s keeper, Scripture tells us. Let us be our sister’s keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well.

For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.

That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, “Not this time.” This time we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. This time we want to reject the cynicism that tells us that these kids can’t learn; that those kids who don’t look like us are somebody else’s problem. The children of America are not those kids, they are our kids, and we will not let them fall behind in a 21st century economy. Not this time."

A "distraction"?!!? Are you crazy or just another blind Obama apologist? Any potential leader of the United States who has associations with people who support a terrorist group is someone you don't want as our leader…..or do you?

Those sweet sounding platitudes from your "messiah" may soothe your feathers but they dance around, obfuscate, and still do not answer the hard questions.

Why would Obama associate himself with such people for twenty years? And the "I didn't know or I wasn't there" excuses do not fly……Obama has been a public leader for years.

Do you people undeerstand the concept of KNOW your enemy?

You can pretend its a bad thing to listen to what the people who hate you say if you wish.

It makes you completetly unable to understand what you are up against and how to win to ignore what the enemy is saying.

Keep fighting for ignorance and it will be your downfall.

Is there proof of this? Where is a copy of the publication that the pastor sent out? It shouldn't be too hard to print that if it is real.

I would like to see the entire context of what happened if it happened.

Too often we are either lied to or only given what they want you hear out of context.

If he did then it means nothing except he was trying to keep his congragation informed on world events.

Knowing what people say they are fighting for is a very big part of knowing how to quell the violence.

Knowing is important. keeping yourself in the dark on purpose is utter stupidity.

Damn this is one big bad church is all I can say. You would think they were plotting the overthrow of the US or something. People are all combinations of good and bad and Wright is a blowhard, but so what does that have to do with Obama? Is he preaching those same sermons in congress, no, and it is his actions that matter, not some crazy in his church, lots of those out there.

Damn this is one big bad church is all I can say. You would think they were plotting the overthrow of the US or something. People are all combinations of good and bad and Wright is a blowhard, but so what does that have to do with Obama? Is he preaching those same sermons in congress, no, and it is his actions that matter, not some crazy in his church, lots of those out there.

What a 'tard. Belonging 20 years to an anti-American Black Liberation political organization camouflaged as a church IS an "action". Making shady deals with a Syrian is also an "action". Trashing your own grandmother to save your political butt is also an "action". None of these actions are indicative of what I would call "Presidential material".

Run along and sing your praises to Mr. Oblahma….you fit right into his blindly adoring "congregation".

What a 'tard. Belonging 20 years to an anti-American Black Liberation political organization camouflaged as a church IS an "action". Making shady deals with a Syrian is also an "action". Trashing your own grandmother to save your political butt is also an "action". None of these actions are indicative of what I would call "Presidential material".

Post the data that shows this. It seems with every post this church gets closer and closer to satan worship or even worse liberlism.

Unitl you can show the actual publication of this document, you are pissing in the wind. Making accusations witouth proof. But as long as you lay this seed, that may be all you want.

I'm glad that none of the homosexual insinuastions about McCain have gotten to the press yet.

Post the data that shows this. It seems with every post this church gets closer and closer to satan worship or even worse liberlism.

Unitl you can show the actual publication of this document, you are pissing in the wind. Making accusations witouth proof. But as long as you lay this seed, that may be all you want.

I'm glad that none of the homosexual insinuastions about McCain have gotten to the press yet.

Show "data"? How does that differ from referring to reports from the media? (that is, the very tiny segment of the media that is actually reporting on this...talk about a black-out...pun intended)

Here's your proof: Obama himself has made a response. Obama says that printing the Hamas report in his church newsletter was "outraegously wrong"……guess that is supposed to make it "all better" now?

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satell...59325&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle/ShowFull

PS: If you want to see the Hamas reprint on Obama's Pastor's Page, here it is:
http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/TUCChamasColumn072207.jpg

Obama's chance at a win in November are slowly trickling away. What will be the next nail in his coffin?

FOX is going to pull out all stops to spread fear and dissention.

Obama's chance at a win in November are slowly trickling away. What will be the next nail in his coffin?

FOX is going to pull out all stops to spread fear and dissention.

I used to think that Hillary was the anti-christ, but now Fox has corrected the original reports of such, and now I know that Obama is, in fact, Satan himself.

Why do you let FOX form your opinions?

It amazes me how the Dems jump around and fall for all the BS FOX and Rushbo spew.

Just look at the double standard. You liberals are simply two faced back biting liars willing to say or do ANYTHING in support of a Liberal. If even ONE of the last 4 charges had been leveled at a republican you would all be howling for his blood, demanding he cease and desist running for President and telling us how BAD us Conservatives are.

I used to think that Hillary was the anti-christ, but now Fox has corrected the original reports of such, and now I know that Obama is, in fact, Satan himself.

Glad you seen that too, I've been trying to get the word out at least one liberal gets it, that Obama is Santan himself.:clap2: That's really no more absurd than it is to blame Bush for everything.

But seriously if this story is reported in the main stream media, Obama is done.

Just look at the double standard. You liberals are simply two faced back biting liars willing to say or do ANYTHING in support of a Liberal. If even ONE of the last 4 charges had been leveled at a republican you would all be howling for his blood, demanding he cease and desist running for President and telling us how BAD us Conservatives are.

So you admit to overreacting to the whole Obama/Wright smear campaigns?

I object to you two faced liars pretending there is nothing to the fact this man has had a close personal relationship and a religious one with a racist and terror supporter, a man that hates his own country.

Just look at the double standard. You conservatives are simply two faced back biting liars willing to say or do ANYTHING in support of a Conservative. If even ONE of the last 4 charges had been leveled at a democrat you would all be howling for his blood, demanding he cease and desist running for President and telling us how BAD us Liberals are.

Hmmmm, holds true for your side too...

We can do that.

You're kidding, right?

Man, somebody needs to hand you the "red pill."

Forum List

Back