Civil War II - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AVG-JOE, Mar 24, 2008.

1. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    How long will we continue to argue over the minor issues that will NEVER be settled by a majority consensus? The longer them that has the cash flowing in their direction keep the rest of us squabbling over race, abortion, sex etc., the longer they'll keep us right where they want us - either lining their pockets directly or paying the lions share for the infrastructure that they use too.

If we are not going to start tolerating each other on race and tolerating each others opinions on lifestyle and choices, is not "Civil War II, The Sequel; Reds -vs- Blues" going to be the inevitable result? Have we seen any 50 / 50 votes lately?

I'm sure some semblance of 'America' would survive, but the loss of infrastructure would kind of bite.

What is YOUR idea for fixing illegal immigration?

What is YOUR idea for fixing the bureaucracy that is sucking the economic life from the inhabitants this country?

2. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    'Yes, essential to control, we also maintain welfare is bad and supports those bad people in the inner city so they can drive Cadillacs and have 8 kids, and all our taxes are going to support these lazy people. Add to this the breakdown in marriage caused by gays and their lifestyle, we push for prayer in school to distract the average working stiffs, then send their jobs overseas blaming welfare and taxes and government spending, then we'll be able to continue to wage war for profits, pad the pockets of corporate supporters, reduce regulation so we can steal pensions and dismiss unions, pollute the environment and basically rob and pillage as we have done since Reagan. We figure this can go on for 30 to 50 years before the entire society collapses, we will move or be dead by then so who cares anyway.'

3. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    As usual, you didn't address a thing he said.

4. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Neither did you.

5. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    No, I addessed what YOU said, and how it had nothing to do with the OP.

If you're not going to even TRY to address the post you're responding to, why waste everyone's time?

6. midcan5

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Well then you didn't address the issue. Why is it you have such a hard time with simple conversation.

Cynic's cap off. Immigration is extremely tough and the following link provides a good picture why. If we seriously wanted to stop immigration we would go after those who hire them but that is big business and no one wants to do that.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/20602

The economic question is less clear not sure who is sucking whom. But K street under the republicans is a large suckee and has done no good for American workers, American pocketbooks, or democracy. So changes there are a start. Chait's "Big Con" covers this area as well as "What's the Matter with Kansas" by Franks.

7. AVG-JOE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    Immigration can be solved in a few steps.

1 Secure the border. We, The People need to know who is coming and how long they plan to stay.

2. Open the border. Let them come in. America Welcomes All! Provided they either have enough cash to get by or they plan to work.

3. Provide a reason to be a citizen, like "Only American Citizens can own property in the USA."

That puts corporations, especially foreign corporations in a bit of a pickle, but frankly my dear Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

See, simple!

8. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338

9. AVG-JOE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    Hey,

I thought the topic was Immigration and what to do about the people who are invested in our economy but not citizens, be they legally here or not. I've proposed a solution. A fairly simple one to debate too, only 3 points. Tell me why my idea won't work, assuming all 3 points are employed as one solution, or give me one of your own.

-Joe

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Nah. Civil War II will be between those who are finally beyond fed up with a government that represents itself rather than the ideals embodied in the US Constitution, and the chickenshit sheep who can't imagine surviving without Big Brother to mollycoddle them cradle to grave.