Obamacare sign-ups top 6 million

CNN is reporting that it is very likely that the White House goal of 7 million in the first wave of sign-ups is probably going to be met:

Official: Obamacare on track to meet original goal - CNN.com

After a surge of sign-ups on the last day for open enrollment, Obamacare is on track to hit the White House's original target of 7 million people signing up, a senior administration official said Tuesday.

On Monday, more than 4.8 million visits were made to HealthCare.gov and 2 million calls were made to the call center, the official said.

The administration is awaiting final numbers from the federal and state exchanges, the official said.
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office originally projected the 7 million target, which was embraced by administration officials...

Video at the link.

CNN is reporting that it is very likely that the White House goal of 7 million in the first wave of sign-ups is probably going to be met:

After a surge of sign-ups on the last day for open enrollment, Obamacare is on track to hit the White House's original target of 7 million people signing up, a senior administration official said Tuesday.

On Monday, more than 4.8 million visits were made to HealthCare.gov and 2 million calls were made to the call center, the official said.

The administration is awaiting final numbers from the federal and state exchanges, the official said.
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office originally projected the 7 million target, which was embraced by administration officials...

Video at the link.

As I said earlier, Statis...the reason that this Administration feels comfortable fudging their numbers is that news outlets like CNN are more than willing to go along with whatever numbers they are given by the Obama people even when those numbers are totally made up like jobs "saved or created".

There is a reason why we aren't being given the numbers that are critical...how many people have actually paid for coverage and whether they are young and healthy or older, have preexisting conditions or will be getting large subsidies. If THOSE numbers were available we could actually see if the ACA was viable from an accounting standpoint. Because they are NOT being made available...and given this Administration's history of making numbers up to suit their agenda...I'm assuming that the demographics are not good for the ACA's viability and they want to keep us in the dark regarding that fact until after the midterm elections.

Video at the link.

As I said earlier, Statis...the reason that this Administration feels comfortable fudging their numbers is that news outlets like CNN are more than willing to go along with whatever numbers they are given by the Obama people even when those numbers are totally made up like jobs "saved or created".

There is a reason why we aren't being given the numbers that are critical...how many people have actually paid for coverage and whether they are young and healthy or older, have preexisting conditions or will be getting large subsidies. If THOSE numbers were available we could actually see if the ACA was viable from an accounting standpoint. Because they are NOT being made available...and given this Administration's history of making numbers up to suit their agenda...I'm assuming that the demographics are not good for the ACA's viability and they want to keep us in the dark regarding that fact until after the midterm elections.

The shortening of my name, if that is your pleasure, is "Stat", not "Statis" or "Statist". The name is a german name, the first part of which means "Statistics".

I can also cut to the chase.

The CBO is NON-PARTISAN. This is the same CBO that put out numbers for Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan and both President Bushes. I did not cast doubt on the CBOs numbers when Bush was President. The POTUS has absolutely no hand in on those numbers. It's time for people to finally realize this.

So, you can be as skeptical as you want, but in reality, you are only pissing in the wind.

As soon as there is an EXACT breakdown as to how many are new sign-ups, how many signed up due to a dropped policy (which should be very few, as their HMO is required by law to offer them something better in the same letter where they may have dropped a policy that is not ACA compliant), etc... I will break it down and report on ALL of it: the good, the bad and the ugly. And surely that breakdown will come, it has to.

Also, forget not. This is the first wave of signups, not the only one.

Video at the link.

The shortening of my name, if that is your pleasure, is "Stat", not "Statis" or "Statist". The name is a german name, the first part of which means "Statistics".

The CBO is NON-PARTISAN. This is the same CBO that put out numbers for Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan and both President Bushes. I did not cast doubt on the CBOs numbers when Bush was President. The POTUS has absolutely no hand in on those numbers. It's time for people to finally realize this.

So, you can be as skeptical as you want, but in reality, you are only pissing in the wind.

As soon as there is an EXACT breakdown as to how many are new sign-ups, how many signed up due to a dropped policy (which should be very few, as their HMO is required by law to offer them something better in the same letter where they may have dropped a policy that is not ACA compliant), etc... I will break it down and report on ALL of it: the good, the bad and the ugly. And surely that breakdown will come, it has to.

The first wave.......the mandate was pushed back. The next wave starts in over 2 years.

Only illegals and idiots would sign up for this piece of shit.......

Video at the link.

Please, the CBO crunches the numbers that it is given. The old saying is "bullshit in...bullshit out!" It's how the Obama Administration sold the whole ACA in the first place. They gave the CBO numbers to work with that were made up and the CBO dutifully crunched them and gave their results.

How do you explain that this Administration doesn't seem to CARE how many people have actually paid for their policies or how many of those people are the young and healthy ones it needs to make the ACA even come close to working? The obvious truth is that they know THOSE numbers are going to be embarrassing to them so they do what they've ALWAYS done...give us a number that they've simple made up out of thin air.

There is a reason why we're not being told how many people have actually paid money for plans...making them actual customers and it isn't because the Obama folks can't GET the numbers for that...it's because they know that a huge percentage of the people that they are counting as "signed up" have NOT paid a premium yet and as such are not really enrolled.

It's the same kind of song and dance this Administration gave us with their "jobs created or saved" statistic.
There is a reason why you right wing skeptics keep attempting to promote the failed rhetorical nonsense generated by your favorite talk show hosts; you' re too shallow to think for yourselves. You made the same mistake in the last two presidential elections...you underestimated the Obama constituency because Iimbaugh and Hannity had you convinced that Obama could not win. Meanwhile, time and time again, Obama miraculously rises above the din of rancorous republicanism and perseveres in the face of substandard right wing "conservatism!"

With all due respect...who's REALLY "underestimated" Barack Obama...the people who saw him as an inexperienced leader with few ideas...or the people that bought into the hype that he was incredibly brilliant?
I'd say,,, hmmm letsee... the same people who would have put John McCain and Sarah Palin in office. Doesn't that really speak for the mindset of the right whether you agree with that mindset or not?

Surely yiou aren't suggesting that either McCain OR, heaven forbid, Sarah Palin are more experienced or more brilliant than Obama. are you? After all ,Obama has been president for 6 years while the other two and even Romney have NO experience as president!:lol:

I don't listen to talk shows. I simply look at what politicians have done and to be painfully blunt...Barack Obama has done very little.

Perhaps if you were more specific the readers and I could better comprehend what you are talking about. Obama has done more than many former presidents Remember these things:

1. Osama Bin Ladien...terminated.

2. varoius drone attacks that killed Taliban leaders..... saved hundreds of American soldier's lives

3. Consumer protection Agency created and strengthened.

4 PPACA implemented. .... millions of Americans insured that were not before, Prior conditions clause scrapped.

5. Inflation kept under control

6. Leadership in securing NATO support to overthrow Qhaddafy,

There is more but I think the list above is a great starter to disprove any assertion that Obama has done very little!

BTWIf you don't listen to "talk shows" I wonder if you watch FOX news or what? Just where do you get your Right Wing juice ?

Please, the CBO crunches the numbers that it is given. The old saying is "bullshit in...bullshit out!" It's how the Obama Administration sold the whole ACA in the first place. They gave the CBO numbers to work with that were made up and the CBO dutifully crunched them and gave their results.

How do you explain that this Administration doesn't seem to CARE how many people have actually paid for their policies or how many of those people are the young and healthy ones it needs to make the ACA even come close to working? The obvious truth is that they know THOSE numbers are going to be embarrassing to them so they do what they've ALWAYS done...give us a number that they've simple made up out of thin air.

No, it is not a given, only in the imaginations of the herd of butthurteds.

Now, do you have proof of this?

Link?

There is a reason why you right wing skeptics keep attempting to promote the failed rhetorical nonsense generated by your favorite talk show hosts; you' re too shallow to think for yourselves. You made the same mistake in the last two presidential elections...you underestimated the Obama constituency because Iimbaugh and Hannity had you convinced that Obama could not win. Meanwhile, time and time again, Obama miraculously rises above the din of rancorous republicanism and perseveres in the face of substandard right wing "conservatism!"

With all due respect...who's REALLY "underestimated" Barack Obama...the people who saw him as an inexperienced leader with few ideas...or the people that bought into the hype that he was incredibly brilliant?
I'd say,,, hmmm letsee... the same people who would have put John McCain and Sarah Palin in office. Doesn't that really speak for the mindset of the right whether you agree with that mindset or not?

Surely yiou aren't suggesting that either McCain OR, heaven forbid, Sarah Palin are more experienced or more brilliant than Obama. are you? After all ,Obama has been president for 6 years while the other two and even Romney have NO experience as president!:lol:

I don't listen to talk shows. I simply look at what politicians have done and to be painfully blunt...Barack Obama has done very little.

Perhaps if you were more specific the readers and I could better comprehend what you are talking about. Obama has done more than many former presidents Remember these things:

2. varoius drone attacks that killed Taliban leaders..... saved hundreds of American soldier's lives

4 PPACA implemented. .... millions of Americans insured that were not before, Prior conditions clause scrapped.

There is more but I think the list above is a great starter to disprove any assertion that Obama has done very little!

BTWIf you don't listen to "talk shows" I wonder if you watch FOX news or what? Just where do you get your Right Wing juice ?
So, in your cool aid drinking, delusional, radical commie leftist mind, Obama has been a success domestically, internationally, on national security, and militarily? :lmao:

Last edited:
Ignore the spin & hype & just focus on the facts.

The Percent of USA population Covered by Health Insurance is Climbing under the PPACA
fredgraph.png

The cost of healthcare is bending lower under the PPACA. Note how healthcare cost went down under Clinton & soared under Reagan, Bush 1 & 2

fredgraph.png

Blue Line - Health Care Cost / Wages & Salary
Green Line - Health Care Cost / CPI
Red Line - Health Care Cost / GDP

Last edited:

One doesn't have to listen to much news to see you are a biased dumbass! :cuckoo:

All of the above is minimal or questionable! What about Obama's lies and other negatives? :eusa_liar:

Everybody I know is paying more while getting lower quality care, and they are having problems choosing the doctor or hospital they prefer to use.

No spin, true story. :cool:

Last edited:

One doesn't have to listen to much news to see you are a biased dumbass! :cuckoo:

All of the above is minimal or questionable! What about Obama's lies and other negatives? :eusa_liar:
Village idiot JQPublic1:

Just by the way he spelled Gaddafi, you know he's an uneducated, uniformed moron. Exact qualifications of an Obama robot.

Last edited:

So, in your cool aid drinking, delusional, radical commie leftist mind, Obama has been a success domestically, internationally, on national security, and militarily? :lmao:

So, in your piss drinking, rabid terrorist, right wing Taliban Draconian mind you think I will let you overlook the 6 points I made above? Read the post and answer your own stupid question. :lol:

So you are an unbiased dumbass. Correct? Your fair and objective opinions make us all feel real warm and fuzzy inside.:doubt:

Not all Right WIng nuts agree with you. Even Bill O'Reilly has jumped off that " Obama lied" bandwagon and gives the president the benefit of any doubt. People do say things that they believe are true at the time of utterance but later turn out to be inaccurate. That is not lying!

Wow, talk about reaching! Osama bin Laden doesn't get found and killed if not for the enhanced interrogations done by W. Drone attacks kill innocents along with terrorists which Al Queda then uses against us in a propaganda war that THEY are winning. The consumer protection agency? That's just another layer of Federal Government regulation to burden American businesses with as they try to compete globally! The Affordable Care Act is probably the worst piece of legislation ever crafted by the US Congress but in Barry's defense, he had little to do with it because the truth is...Obama doesn't have the faintest idea how to draw up laws because he's never been good at being a legislator...the ACA was Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi's abomination. Inflation has stayed low because the economy is flat-lining. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in our nation's history! You've got to be kidding about Libya! Obama sat on the sidelines while thousands of Libyan's died fighting against Khaddafi's tanks and jet fighters. Libya was another classic example of Barry "leading from behind"!

So you are an unbiased dumbass. Correct? Your fair and objective opinions make us all feel real warm and fuzzy inside.:doubt:

Not all Right WIng nuts agree with you. Even Bill O'Reilly has jumped off that " Obama lied" bandwagon and gives the president the benefit of any doubt. People do say things that they believe are true at the time of utterance but later turn out to be inaccurate. That is not lying!

Funny how that WAS considered lying when W. believed Saddam had WMD's but now isn't when Barry's folks get caught lying about every other day!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back