Obamacare sign-ups top 6 million

30 days ago, they barely had 2 million over a 5 month period....

Now you want us to believe that they have added 4 million in a month?

Did you even stop to consider that they were going to state they hit their goal, regardless of the real number of people who signed up?

btw...signed up and paid are two different things, wot?

Sigh..."they" have repeatedly acknowledged that folks tend to procrastinate with huge sign ups...and expected a big rush in the final month.. this was born out when W trotted out Medicare D with multiple glitches ...and tacked on extra time for folks to join the plan ...with absolutely no screams of "incompetence" and "failure" ny DEMs.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Six million sign up out of the 48 million that didn't have insurance.
Of the six million how many were people who were dropped from their plans.
Of these six million how many actually went all the way through the process and actually paid and are actually insured.Of these six million how many of these are getting the subsidy?

All unknown yet Barbara Boxer and her ilk are calling this a huge success...

Sweet, 1 million more and the gains-loss will be zeroed

You do know, 7 million lost their ins b/c of the aca right?

You claim to be a statistician, so yea, you must know that, and you must know that the aca was supposed to cover 30 million, and needed, if I recall, 15 million signed up to pay for itself.

So in reality, by the numbers, the aca is an utter failure.

correct?

I do statistics, yes. I merely relayed what is being reported right now. You might want to wait until ALL the numbers are out before screaming like a banshee. I deliberately kept the OP totally neutral, neither in support of nor attacking the ACA. You do understand that, right?

if by neutral you mean omitted most of the facts, then yea, I understand.

leftist always omit facts that make the truth suck, it how you function.

There is a reason why we're not being told how many people have actually paid money for plans...making them actual customers and it isn't because the Obama folks can't GET the numbers for that...it's because they know that a huge percentage of the people that they are counting as "signed up" have NOT paid a premium yet and as such are not really enrolled.

It's the same kind of song and dance this Administration gave us with their "jobs created or saved" statistic.

There is a reason why we're not being told how many people have actually paid money for plans...making them actual customers and it isn't because the Obama folks can't GET the numbers for that...it's because they know that a huge percentage of the people that they are counting as "signed up" have NOT paid a premium yet and as such are not really enrolled.

It's the same kind of song and dance this Administration gave us with their "jobs created or saved" statistic.
There is a reason why you right wing skeptics keep attempting to promote the failed rhetorical nonsense generated by your favorite talk show hosts; you' re too shallow to think for yourselves. You made the same mistake in the last two presidential elections...you underestimated the Obama constituency because Iimbaugh and Hannity had you convinced that Obama could not win. Meanwhile, time and time again, Obama miraculously rises above the din of rancorous republicanism and perseveres in the face of substandard right wing "conservatism!"

Sweet, 1 million more and the gains-loss will be zeroed

You do know, 7 million lost their ins b/c of the aca right?

You claim to be a statistician, so yea, you must know that, and you must know that the aca was supposed to cover 30 million, and needed, if I recall, 15 million signed up to pay for itself.

So in reality, by the numbers, the aca is an utter failure.

correct?

I do statistics, yes. I merely relayed what is being reported right now. You might want to wait until ALL the numbers are out before screaming like a banshee. I deliberately kept the OP totally neutral, neither in support of nor attacking the ACA. You do understand that, right?

if by neutral you mean omitted most of the facts, then yea, I understand.

leftist always omit facts that make the truth suck, it how you function.

No, I omitted nothing.

That is the number that was reported yesterday.

End details come out with the final report. Until then, all this babble is just speculation from a bunch of RW Armchair-Jockeys like you.

And the real kicker of it is that most of those that "signed up" can't afford the deductables, co-pays, and premiums. So in effect they have no usable insurance. Yet the lapdog liberals call this a "victory" for America.

Unless of course you're really poor, then middle class America is paying for your insurance at no cost to you. Wealth redistribution, fucks over hard working Americans, and rewards lazy shitbags.

And the real kicker of it is that most of those that "signed up" can't afford the deductables, co-pays, and premiums. So in effect they have no usable insurance. Yet the lapdog liberals call this a "victory" for America.

Unless of course you're really poor, then middle class America is paying for your insurance at no cost to you. Wealth redistribution, fucks over hard working Americans, and rewards lazy shitbags.

Nein, so ist es doch nicht.

Got some facts to back up that bullshit?

Seven million was the goal for it to be condidered a success.
That's what Sebelius said.

Now they get six million....
and they call it a success...

You just can't make this stuff up.

Where are the 40 + million that still are not covered?

It's common knowledge, but, for idiots like you who keep their head in the sand:

Let me google that for you

ACA Coverage Unaffordable for Millions of U.S. Residents, Experts Say - California Healthline

$12k deductables for a family. Yup, that sure is a win for the people.

It's common knowledge, but, for idiots like you who keep their head in the sand:

Let me google that for you

ACA Coverage Unaffordable for Millions of U.S. Residents, Experts Say - California Healthline

$12k deductables for a family. Yup, that sure is a win for the people.

Reading and comprehension are your friends.

That crappily written article postulates, without one shred of data to back up it's claim, that people starting with an income at 3 to 4 TIMES greater than poverty level would not be able to afford insurance.

Chuckle, chuckle.

The article also "says" that "50% of U.S. residents spent 3.1% or less of their annual incomes on health care before the ACA went into effect".

That is bullshit. And everyone knows it.

The entire article has more wholes than a cube of swiss cheese.

Care to try again?

The article links to this:

For 3 million, 'affordable' health care might not be

The promise comes with a catch for almost 3 million people earning three to four times the federal poverty rate: They may have to pay up to 9.5% of their income toward that premium before the government subsidy kicks in. That could take a substantial bite from their budgets — potentially as much as $600 a month for a family of three earning $58,590 to $78,120.

Americans are already paying more than that, and in that bracket.

Care to try again?

There is a reason why you right wing skeptics keep attempting to promote the failed rhetorical nonsense generated by your favorite talk show hosts; you' re too shallow to think for yourselves. You made the same mistake in the last two presidential elections...you underestimated the Obama constituency because Iimbaugh and Hannity had you convinced that Obama could not win. Meanwhile, time and time again, Obama miraculously rises above the din of rancorous republicanism and perseveres in the face of substandard right wing "conservatism!"

With all due respect...who's REALLY "underestimated" Barack Obama...the people who saw him as an inexperienced leader with few ideas...or the people that bought into the hype that he was incredibly brilliant? I don't listen to talk shows. I simply look at what politicians have done and to be painfully blunt...Barack Obama has done very little.

about 1 million people that DIDNT HAVE INSURANCE have signed up for obamacare insurance on the exchanges. the vast majority are people who LOST THE INSURANCE THEY HAD BECAUSE OF OBAMACARE; OR MEDICAID SIGN-UPS.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

obama knows this; that's why they refuse to say exactly how many have actually cut a check for their health insurance

Do you have health insurance?

Brought to you by the same people that said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."............

Well that is definitely a good enough reason for me to support my U.S. Representative who voted to repeal Obamacare 54 times rather than voting to help the country grow. -- extreme amounts of sarcasm --

Brought to you by the same people that said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."............

Well that is definitely a good enough reason for me to support my U.S. Representative who voted to repeal Obamacare 54 times rather than voting to help the country grow. -- extreme amounts of sarcasm --

One party lied and continues to lie about a law that has caused havoc and most americans don't like. The other party voted 54 times to repeal the law that was sold with lies and that a majority of americans don't want. No sarcasm at all....... :thup:

One party lied and continues to lie about a law that has caused havoc and most americans don't like. The other party voted 54 times to repeal the law that was sold with lies and that a majority of americans don't want. No sarcasm at all....... :thup:

Are you saying that those 6 million people were wrong for signing up for Obamacare? [That is not an accurate representation of the process but I will keep it simple.]

You realize of course that come April 1st someone is going to turn to their Republican U.S. Representative and ask, "Wait. Why am I not suppose to have health insurance again?"

Are you saying that those 6 million people were wrong for signing up for Obamacare? [That is not an accurate representation of the process but I will keep it simple.]

Are you saying that you love tangents or you just have ADD? ...........

Forum List

Back