Obamacare Misses Its Target on the Uninsured by Half

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Yet another "I told you so moment."

Obama care is a failure.

Obamacare Misses Its Target on the Uninsured by Half | The Weekly Standard

In February of this year, the CBO projected that Obamacare would reduce the number of uninsured by 13 million as of 2014. In April, the CBO had seen enough of the Obama administration’s skillful rollout of Obamacare to reduce that estimate to 12 million.

Now the Urban Institute finds that Obamacare has actually reduced the number of uninsured adults by 8 million since the rollout began last fall. (Gallup shows a similar number.) That’s far short of the number of newly insured that the CBO projected in April of this year, in February of this year, or in 2012 — and it’s less than half the tally the American people were told Obamacare would hit when they opposed it in 2010.

Yet Paul Krugman says that “health reform is — gasp! — working.” Only in Washington could something that fails to hit even half of its original target be considered a gasp-inducing success. No wonder Obamacare is every bit as unpopular now as it was before the party that passed it took its initial Obamacare-induced “shellacking” four years ago.

And Democrats still support it.

So it didn't meet the goal but still reduced the number of uninsured by 8 million.

So what was the republican plan to reduce the number of uninsured? Nothing?

So it didn't meet the goal but still reduced the number of uninsured by 8 million.

But but but

If you didn't have your fingers in your ears you wouldn't have posted what you did.

But but but

If you didn't have your fingers in your ears you wouldn't have posted what you did.

How do I have my fingers in my ears? 2014 is not over. They still have time to reach a goal.

And I still haven't seen a republican plan to provide healthcare to millions of uninsured people.

So are you going to come up with a plan or just go an anti-Obama Tirade without coming up with a reasonable solution?

Forum List

Back