Obamacare Implosion? Congress paralyzed as insurers look for massive premium increases

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Forget Obama's LIE about how the ACA would lower American's insurance approx. $2,500... Those premiums are going UP another 30%!

Insurers seeking huge premium hikes on ObamaCare plans

"Top health insurance companies in numerous states are looking to hike premiums by double-digits – some by roughly 30 percent or more – for ObamaCare plans in 2018, according to newly released figures that could light a fire under stalled efforts on Capitol Hill to fix the program.

“A lot of us have lost focus on the fact that the system we have doesn’t work,” White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney" stated, referring to the proposed premium hikes."

Everytime Obamacare is mentioned banjo music should be playing in the background with Ned Beatty squealing like a pig...

couple of questions:

1. How do you receive your health care today? i.e. through company sponsored plans?

2. What, in you opinion is the alternative?
a. covering the poor with Medicaid and have those self-employed or just out of work paying huge sums of money?
b. every man for themselves?
c. go back to what we had with some improvements?
d. would you just repeal Obamacare and let those with pre-existing condition go without?

a. covering the poor with Medicaid and have those self-employed or just out of work paying huge sums of money?
d. would you just repeal Obamacare and let those with pre-existing condition go without?
e. Which of these alternatives does not violate the U. S. Constitution?

Obamacare has already passed the SCOTUS. Add in Medicare and Medicaid and I am pretty sure that charging non-constitutional isn't going to win.

Obamacare has already passed the SCOTUS. Add in Medicare and Medicaid and I am pretty sure that charging non-constitutional isn't going to win.
Nope, only the mandate has... and even that only "passed" after the Supremes rewrote it (usurping the power of Congress) and legislated from the bench without asking Congress to re-pass it with the USSC's changes as they are required to by the Constitution. Thanks for pointing out one area where Obamacare violates the Constitution.

There has been no judgement on whether the Fed govt has the authority to regulate health insurance plans and dictate their terms. Of course, it's obvious there is no authority in the Constitution giving that power to Congress, only the States have that power. So now we're up to 2 areas where it violates the Const.

Anyone want to try for three? :deal:

Yup, turning health care over to the Federal government was sure a good idea, wasn't it? Look how well they're handling it.
Yeah...by premium increases,getting rid of services and laying off employees.

If the republicans and Trump were smart, and we've seen that they're not, they would have improved Obamacare, the only working healthcare plan on the books.
But they painted themselves into a corner with the repeal and replace nonsense and it was a collossal failure.
Trump and the GOP owns healthcare and it's up to them now to work with democrats, ya know the party that gets things done, to provide a viable HC bill that won't knock 22 million off the rolls or be a big tax break for the rich.
This is going to kill Trump and the republicans b/c they're only happy when they're funneling money to the very people that don't need it and the Dems won't let them do it.

Nope, only the mandate has... and even that only "passed" after the Supremes rewrote it (usurping the power of Congress) and legislated from the bench without asking Congress to re-pass it with the USSC's changes as they are required to by the Constitution. Thanks for pointing out one area where Obamacare violates the Constitution.

There has been no judgement on whether the Fed govt has the authority to regulate health insurance plans and dictate their terms. Of course, it's obvious there is no authority in the Constitution giving that power to Congress, only the States have that power. So now we're up to 2 areas where it violates the Const.

There has been two law suits before the SCOTUS and both were defeated.

As I said, and Obama agreed, Obamacare is here to stay thanks in a larger part to Roberts who did as you said and rewrote law. To me that was as wrong as the SCOTUS making law with gay marriage.

Never the less the SCOTUS has ruled, you will be hard pressed to now say ACA is unconstitutional. I don't like what they did but facts be the facts.

Supreme Court ObamaCare | Ruling on ObamaCare

Yup, turning health care over to the Federal government was sure a good idea, wasn't it? Look how well they're handling it.
Was your health care "turned over to the federal government?" If so how?

DAMN RIGHT it WAS!! It was given to the government in a bill called the ACA it was 3000 pages and was a self destructive design to lead the US healthcare system to a complete failure, and make it impossible for the average American to afford the insurance.

No only the REQUIRED payment has passed It was promoted by the oshitscum team and the dimshitscum as NOT a TAX, but it was allowed only AS a TAX in the majority opinion.

The second case was really a states rights issue, and was defeated because of the law being applicable to ALL states, and the states having options that would actually void the basis of the suit.

Last edited:
Was your health care "turned over to the federal government?" If so how?

DAMN RIGHT it WAS!! It was given to the government in a bill called the ACA it was 3000 pages and was a self destructive design to lead the US healthcare system to a complete failure, and make it impossible for the average American to afford the insurance.
How was your health care effected?

Aren't these the same insurers that directly or indirectly derive profit from 90%+/- of healthcare providers?

Forget Obama's LIE about how the ACA would lower American's insurance approx. $2,500... Those premiums are going UP another 30%!

Insurers seeking huge premium hikes on ObamaCare plans

"Top health insurance companies in numerous states are looking to hike premiums by double-digits – some by roughly 30 percent or more – for ObamaCare plans in 2018, according to newly released figures that could light a fire under stalled efforts on Capitol Hill to fix the program.

“A lot of us have lost focus on the fact that the system we have doesn’t work,” White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney" stated, referring to the proposed premium hikes."

Everytime Obamacare is mentioned banjo music should be playing in the background with Ned Beatty squealing like a pig...

The problem is that Republicans are causing most of the turmoil in the markets. The public will hold Republicans responsible for it. They want it fixed not replaced.

There has been two law suits before the SCOTUS and both were defeated.

As I said, and Obama agreed, Obamacare is here to stay thanks in a larger part to Roberts who did as you said and rewrote law. To me that was as wrong as the SCOTUS making law with gay marriage.

Never the less the SCOTUS has ruled, you will be hard pressed to now say ACA is unconstitutional. I don't like what they did but facts be the facts.

Supreme Court ObamaCare | Ruling on ObamaCare
Until Trump gets more Judges.....and when there is too little demand because of its inherent flaws it will be cancelled just as his MYIRA was

couple of questions:

1. How do you receive your health care today? i.e. through company sponsored plans?

2. What, in you opinion is the alternative?
For one, making it illegal to connect healthcare benefits with your job.

That practice rose out of wage controls and has corrupted the ability of people to purchase insurance coverage on their own. It only makes sense for insurance companies to drive people to employers where the person using the care is not the one represented by the insurance company.

Forum List

Back