ObamaCare Childmules at Kennedy Funeral: "Lord Hear our Prayer"...

They are Kennedys and were raised (like my son) to know about their country and to work to protect its future from day one.

"Grandpa, tell me more about the public option, it's so so interesting!"

We know you like your children to be stupid and uninformed but many Americans like to educate their children.

We know there is nothing your children won't do for the State. Maybe they'll turn you in one day.

Also, leave my kids out of it fuckwad. They're none of your fucking business

"Grandpa, am I the only one who finds it ironic that all the Democrats, including yourself, are railing against the US Health Care system, but you choose to get treatment in the USA. Can you explain that to me, Grandpa?"

Just because we have the best doctors or hospitals doesn't mean that our healthcare system isn't broken or in need of reform.

You know full well that Kennedy was all about health care reform. There is nothing wrong with having his grandchildren echo his legacy at the man's funeral.

Nothing wrong at all with the children saying anything about their grandfather or father. Thats what a funeral service is for.

My problem is people holding this man up as a poster boy for anything now that the funeral is over. That be like hodling Bush up as a poster boy for education, sure he pushed for it (with Kennedy) but he had done so many things that people viewed as bad that he isn't a good poster boy for anything.

You dont hold up people as heros who cheat and worse, IMO.

The problem is that stories of what happened 40 years ago don't really resonate with anybody but haters on the right. It's a footnote in history and not what defines him ... to most people anyway.

I am a hater of hypocracy on both sides so I guess thats why it resonates with me. Same reason I dont like Bush, he was a big government guy and increased the debt. Same reason I dont like Nixon because he tried to silence people who opposed him illegally. I could go on with people on the right I have issues with because of either their demonstrated lack of morality or blatant hypocracy. I could do the same with people on the left. I dont like the cheats on both sides.

Our divergence in opinion is exposed. You are willing to look the other way on his distant past deeds and I am not. If the man is not resting in peace my opinion about him will not rest either, when he is left to rest i shall be silent.

"Grandpa, am I the only one who finds it ironic that all the Democrats, including yourself, are railing against the US Health Care system, but you choose to get treatment in the USA. Can you explain that to me, Grandpa?"

Just because we have the best doctors or hospitals doesn't mean that our healthcare system isn't broken or in need of reform.

Maybe, if we're really lucky Dems will do for our health care system what they did for the US housing market with Fannie and Freddie?

Nothing wrong at all with the children saying anything about their grandfather or father. Thats what a funeral service is for.

My problem is people holding this man up as a poster boy for anything now that the funeral is over. That be like hodling Bush up as a poster boy for education, sure he pushed for it (with Kennedy) but he had done so many things that people viewed as bad that he isn't a good poster boy for anything.

You dont hold up people as heros who cheat and worse, IMO.

The problem is that stories of what happened 40 years ago don't really resonate with anybody but haters on the right. It's a footnote in history and not what defines him ... to most people anyway.

I am a hater of hypocracy on both sides so I guess thats why it resonates with me. Same reason I dont like Bush, he was a big government guy and increased the debt. Same reason I dont like Nixon because he tried to silence people who opposed him illegally. I could go on with people on the right I have issues with because of either their demonstrated lack of morality or blatant hypocracy. I could do the same with people on the left. I dont like the cheats on both sides.

Our divergence in opinion is exposed. You are willing to look the other way on his distant past deeds and I am not. If the man is not resting in peace my opinion about him will not rest either, when he is left to rest i shall be silent.

I just don't care.

I don't see what one drunken night in Ted's life 40 years ago has to do with the healthcare debate or his body of work in the Senate.

Maybe, if we're really lucky Dems will do for our health care system what they did for the US housing market with Fannie and Freddie?

I hope they dont do that!!!! That would be horrible. Fannie Freddy and the equal opportunity lending regulations were a big part of the housing crash, imagine a health care crash....housing and health care are very different but still, the govt fails everywhere else they put their hands so i can see where you make the connection.

Maybe we should suspend medicare for a year?

THEN we can find out how this country REALLY feels about gov't healthcare.

The republicans are the ones who stopped the heatlh care system from being fixed for 40 years now.

The system we have is a result for their defense of corporations that benifit from a system that screws the patient.

The Banking failures we have had were also the product of the Republicans push to deregulate every industry in this country.

How you people cling to the talking points of the right wing in the face of a huge wall of facts is just amazing.

I hope they dont do that!!!! That would be horrible. Fannie Freddy and the equal opportunity lending regulations were a big part of the housing crash, imagine a health care crash....housing and health care are very different but still, the govt fails everywhere else they put their hands so i can see where you make the connection.

Well, what did you think would happen if the government took over the system? When has that ever worked out in the long term? Freddie and Fannie will look like HUGE successes in comparison

I just don't care.

I don't see what one drunken night in Ted's life 40 years ago has to do with the healthcare debate or his body of work in the Senate.

See like i said our divergence in opinion was exposed.

Holding a man who got caught cheating not once but twice at harvard, who got off almost scott free with murder, as a poster boy for health care reform is how he relates to the debate. If people weren't using his name in relation to the debate over the bill it would not relate.

I'm not saying YOU are holding him up as the poster boy, but the politicians and media are.

Now how many banks that were not the macs imploded in this mess folks?

Funny how you just ignore than the vast majority were private companies who fucked themselves and this country without any hep from the gov.

It was degregulation that caused it.

You keep pretending it was all the govs fault and your numbers will just continue to sink.

Not many Americans like to live in a cage of lies and halftruths like you guys do.

The republicans are the ones who stopped the heatlh care system from being fixed for 40 years now.

The system we have is a result for their defense of corporations that benifit from a system that screws the patient.

The Banking failures we have had were also the product of the Republicans push to deregulate every industry in this country.

How you people cling to the talking points of the right wing in the face of a huge wall of facts is just amazing.

July 14, 2008: "I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank, not a Republican

Whatever they should find a better poster boy that a murderer and a college cheat for health care reform.

Pfffft.

:rolleyes:

The man did some great things, was one of the few senators that actually DID THEIR JOB, but give me a freaking break.

He is not and never was a murderer.

You never answered me.

I hope you are remembered ONLY for the two worst things you did in your entire life and everyone forgets anything good you ever did.

Is that how you think life should be?

You never answered me.

I just don't care.

See like i said our divergence in opinion was exposed.

Holding a man who got caught cheating not once but twice at harvard, who got off almost scott free with murder, as a poster boy for health care reform is how he relates to the debate. If people weren't using his name in relation to the debate over the bill it would not relate.

I'm not saying YOU are holding him up as the poster boy, but the politicians and media are.

I'm just saying that shit happens.

I know this kid ... good kid. A few years ago he got WASTED with one of his buddies. While driving home hammered he put his truck through someone's house. He coulda killed somebody. Instead of waiting for the police to arrive the kid fled the scene of the accident. When the cops arrived on the scene they found ecstacy and marijuana in the truck. They didn't catch up to the driver to arrest him until the next day ... they couldn't charge him with a DUI because he had sobered up by then. The kid went and got himself a really good lawyer and got away with the the whole thing with a mere slap on the wrist. Probation and fines.

Should this incident define this person? Every time his name gets brought up in a crowd should this night be mentioned?

As long as no one is holding him up as an example to others in the national spotlight. If he got involved in politics and people tried to use his name to push for something such as health care reform then I would say our friend's history is fair game.

As a private citizen I have no problem with ted kennedy in life or death, its only when he is held as an example in the public spotlight that I take issue.

Using our mutual friend's story in an argument was low ball BTW

Last edited:
As long as no one is holding him up as an example to others in the national spotlight. If he got involved in politics and people tried to use his name to push for something such as health care reform then I would say our friend's history is fair game.

As a private citizen I have no problem with ted kennedy in life or death, its only when he is held as an example in the public spotlight that I take issue.

And I would say the same thing ... "what does that incident have to do with health care reform?"

Answer: absolutely nothing

And I would say the same thing ... "what does that incident have to do with health care reform?"

Answer: absolutely nothing

As long as people aren't using his name to push for healthcare reform I would agree, absolutely nothing.

Forum List

Back