Obamacare causes prices to skyrocket

Bet you've never read the U.S. Constitution.

I know it says nothing about how you'd manage to take all of your elderly relatives in and provide them with everything that Social Security and Medicare - which, BTW, are not "handouts," but something they've worked for all their lives - can provide.

Unless you're Bill Gates. Are you Bill Gates? In which case, you and I need to talk about the bugs in Windows 10. :p

Bet you don't know how much CABG surgery or cancer treatment costs. Or long-term treatment for multiple sclerosis or diabetes or muscular dystrophy.
Bet you that the cost of healthcare doesn't trump liberty.
View attachment 83343

It does not.

It simply brings risks. Not really an issue in my book.

Not really an issue for anyone who's never experienced a health crisis and apparently doesn't know anyone else who has.

I know it says nothing about how you'd manage to take all of your elderly relatives in and provide them with everything that Social Security and Medicare - which, BTW, are not "handouts," but something they've worked for all their lives - can provide.

Unless you're Bill Gates. Are you Bill Gates? In which case, you and I need to talk about the bugs in Windows 10. :p
Well...I respect your honesty that you've never read the Constitution. Honesty is nearly unheard of in a liberal. Kudos. However, I suggest you read it thoroughly along with the Federalist Papers. Otherwise, you're simply not qualified to be discussing U.S. government. It explains why everything you say makes no sense.

And why do you insist on the false narrative that my relatives need providing for? I have an uncle who passed away with an ungodly sum of money. I'm talking insane. He created a trust for his estate (and you don't create a trust for $20k). He had millions. Plural. He didn't need anyone to take care of him. Like all conservatives (i.e. mature adults) he took care of himself.

Not really an issue for anyone who's never experienced a health crisis and apparently doesn't know anyone else who has.
So let me get this straight - you believe that the million plus who died to hand you liberty on a silver platter (almost all very young people) should have to make the ultimate sacrifice for America but people with health issues shouldn't have to make a simple financial sacrifice?!? The Constitution should just be shredded and we should turn to communism because you don't want healthcare financial burdens? :eusa_doh:

So let me get this straight - you believe that the million plus who died to hand you liberty on a silver platter (almost all very young people) should have to make the ultimate sacrifice for America but people with health issues shouldn't have to make a simple financial sacrifice?!? The Constitution should just be shredded and we should turn to communism because you don't want healthcare financial burdens? :eusa_doh:

No.

No.
Well that is exactly what you've argued here...

Well...I respect your honesty that you've never read the Constitution. Honesty is nearly unheard of in a liberal. Kudos. However, I suggest you read it thoroughly along with the Federalist Papers. Otherwise, you're simply not qualified to be discussing U.S. government. It explains why everything you say makes no sense.

It might well be a "constitutional scholar" like our loser-in-chief.

Meaning they know how to get around it.

Well...I respect your honesty that you've never read the Constitution.
Then how did I know it says nothing about the costs of long-term illness? (Aside from the historical context that when it was written people tended to die rather quickly from whatever illnesses they contracted.)

You might work on infusing your own posts with a little more honesty. You don’t do yourself any favors by Making Shit Up.
And why do you insist on the false narrative that my relatives need providing for?
Did you miss the fact that the first word in that sentence was “if”? Important word, “if.” Changes the whole meaning.
I have an uncle who passed away with an ungodly sum of money. I'm talking insane. He created a trust for his estate (and you don't create a trust for $20k). He had millions. Plural. He didn't need anyone to take care of him. Like all conservatives (i.e. mature adults) he took care of himself.
That’s irrelevant to what you would do. Except the part about taking care of himself. There’s no doubt about that. The question was whether or not you had any clue to the costs of medical treatment. You’ve inadvertently answered that quite clearly.

No.
Well that is exactly what you've argued here...
No.

However, since you brought it up, the Revolutionary War is an excellent example (though not as egregious as the Civil War) of the need for good healthcare, if you’d like to discuss that.

However, since you brought it up, the Revolutionary War is an excellent example (though not as egregious as the Civil War) of the need for good healthcare, if you’d like to discuss that.
Not really. I value liberty exponentially more and would much rather discuss that. But then again, I'm not an ungrateful liberal. I value the ultimate sacrifice made by so many.

Sad that you and your fellow liberals are not willing to make the exponentially less "sacrifice" of not getting "free" healthcare.

Not really. I value liberty exponentially more and would much rather discuss that.

The Revolutionary War was about the fight for liberty (which, BTW, is from the same Latin root as "liberal").

One wonders how much liberty you'd have in the absence of the social safety net.

Not really. I value liberty exponentially more and would much rather discuss that.

The Revolutionary War was about the fight for liberty (which, BTW, is from the same Latin root as "liberal").
No shit Sherlock. You're not talking about the war - you keep focusing on healthcare. :cuckoo:
One wonders how much liberty you'd have in the absence of the social safety net.
We don't have to wonder. The answer is infinite.

Last edited:
You're not talking about the war - you keep focusing on healthcare.

Then what were you referring to in Post #247 (although the casualties on the Colonial side were around 25,000+, not "a million")?
We don't have to wonder. The answer is infinite.

Planning to live forever, eh? All the more reason to have those entitlements. Your 401(k) won't last forever.

Planning to live forever, eh? All the more reason to have those entitlements. Your 401(k) won't last forever.
Um....living and liberty are two vastly different things. Reading comprehension my dear. Reading comprehension.

You know those over one million men and women who died for the liberty that you take for granted? They sure as shit didnt "live forever" but the liberty that they provided will if we can protect it from liberals.

Then what were you referring to in Post #247 (although the casualties on the Colonial side were around 25,000+, not "a million")?
Man alive we have to do something about your reading comprehension. At no time did I say "the Revolutionary War". My point about over one million men and women is thought out U.S. history. Liberty did not end with the Revolutionary War. It was preserved time and time again in the Civil War, in the Cold War, in the world wars, and so on. And there have been additional sacrifices beyond wars. How many died acting as spies for the U.S.? How many died in training excercises? How many police officers have died engaging criminals who attempt to strip us of our liberties?

Um....living and liberty are two vastly different things.

Good thing Jefferson was smart enough to put them in the proper order.
You know those over one million men and women who died for the liberty that you take for granted? They sure as shit didnt "live forever" but the liberty that they provided will if we can protect it from liberals.

Um....living and liberty are two vastly different things.

Good thing Jefferson was smart enough to put them in the proper order.

You proceed from a false assumption. Well, several, actually, but when you start off by calculatedly mischaracterizing my posts to fit your agenda, you're not going to get anywhere.

I'm logging off now. You may have the last word. It won't be any more accurate than the rest, but it's yours.

Forum List

Back