Obamacare Can Kill You

Friend of mine got hit by a car driven by someone whose insurance company is trying to avoid any responsibility.

He can't get the catscans set up unless he agrees to use his employer insurance where he pays the remainder.
He says the hospitals won't even schedule the catscans as a choice if someone is asking to pay using the other private insurance or federal exchange insurance "because they have a horrible record of refusing to pay."
So they can't afford to even provide catscans under the other insurance, since they won't get paid for a year, if at all.

He is asking why should he pay out of pocket when someone else hit him and their insurance isn't helping?
Where does he begin to sue?
bullshit

What ?
emilynghiem's story is bullshit. it makes no sense and is not likely to be true.

It's anecdotal.

That's all it is. No more....and no less.
it's bullshit.

While I would be interested to know why, I guess I am more interested to know if it could not possibly happen.

emilynghiem's story is bullshit. it makes no sense and is not likely to be true.

It's anecdotal.

it's bullshit.

While I would be interested to know why, I guess I am more interested to know if it could not possibly happen.
it couldn't happen. an office either accepts an insurance or they don't.
if he was injured in an accident his insurance would sue the other insurance company.
the story just doesn't add up.

It is interesting how real life can bring truth front and center exposing flaws in policy. One such flaw in Obamacare and the effort to bring better healthcare to millions of Americans can cause your demise. Today many people have coverage with a deductible so high that they are afraid to use it. In some ways this is akin to having no coverage at all and this poses a massive problem.

Ironically someone paying very little because of Obamacare will rush to the emergency room when they get the flu while many people responsible for their own bills hang back in fear they will take a financial beating. If you are at a loss as to how Obamacare can take a life you find a a real life story below titled. "Obamacare Can Kill You." I know because I drove the person to the hospital. It is also a warning of the danger many of us face.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2016/01/obamacare-can-kill-you.html

Friend of mine got hit by a car driven by someone whose insurance company is trying to avoid any responsibility.

He can't get the catscans set up unless he agrees to use his employer insurance where he pays the remainder.
He says the hospitals won't even schedule the catscans as a choice if someone is asking to pay using the other private insurance or federal exchange insurance "because they have a horrible record of refusing to pay."
So they can't afford to even provide catscans under the other insurance, since they won't get paid for a year, if at all.

He is asking why should he pay out of pocket when someone else hit him and their insurance isn't helping?
bullshit

No, they expect HIM to sue to get the money out of the other driver's insurance company.
They aren't going to accept it, but they accepted HIS insurance.

My friend is "no friend to either the Democrats or Republicans"
He is independent and distrusts both parties, so this isn't about trying to take sides and make one look bad politically.

He really is having to face hiring a lawyer to try to get this paid for.

You haven't heard the rest of it.
The driver was a Pakistani woman wearing a Burqa so she couldn't see and drove through a red light.
When her family arrived at the scene, they tried to get her in the other car and drive away.
When my friend signaled to the police that the driver was trying to flee the scene,
the police tried to stop them, but the family started taking cell phone pictures and threatened
to charge them with police brutality if they laid a hand on anyone.

The police tried to assure my friend that the report would undoubtedly be filed as the other driver's fault.
But the delays in getting the report in, and the delays getting a claim number for the insurance,
meant 12 days before he could go get an appt to see the doctor.

My friend's conclusion: The whole system sucks.

What I can't believe is not only does he have a car accident insurance claim to deal with,
but because the family is Pakistani, then a whole bunch of other issues got dragged in as well.

I might call my friend with CAIR to see if he can get the family to cooperate,
smooth this over to avoid court. I think they should all be happy no one got killed.

She hit him on both sides, first the passenger side, then the cars twisted around and
she hit him again on the driver side. So he got pretty banged up, and has had 2-3
incidents where he has collapsed while walking, so maybe a concussion or other internal type injury.

ogibillm
if you don't believe me, you can ask my friend.
This is pretty straight forward.
I'd even be willing to make a bet with you that I'm telling you the truth,
if that would help pay the medical bills without having to go through a long drawn out lawsuit.

I'll make a 5 million dollar bet that I'm quoting my friend and what he said he is going through.
so if you make this bet, when you lose then the 5 million will pay for his medical bills,
and I will use the rest to pay for health share memberships for people who don't believe
the ACA mandate is constitutional, and just want the same freedom as before to
choose to buy insurance or choose to pay for health care other ways.

It's sad I can't even post a real life story online
or people think it isn't real.

When people post propaganda, they think it's real.
When real stories get posted, they think it's fake.

Totally sad that we have no concept of what is real or not anymore
because people are so used to everything being propagandized!
If that's even a 'real' word! ;-)

It's anecdotal.

it's bullshit.

it couldn't happen. an office either accepts an insurance or they don't.
if he was injured in an accident his insurance would sue the other insurance company.
the story just doesn't add up.

Yes, that's what's happening!
He has to sue to get the other company to pay.

I just hope the police didn't screw around with the report
because of any kind of PC pressure from the Pakistani family.

The police thought it was very clearly the other driver's fault
and they just wanted to leave the scene and not mess with it.
But I've had another friend get the same word of mouth promise from the police
that the report would be written up as the other driver's fault; but when they didn't do that,
then the person got stuck, couldn't prove it and couldn't get the insurance to pay.

He needs to make sure the police report states very clearly
the other driver was at fault without question.

It is interesting how real life can bring truth front and center exposing flaws in policy. One such flaw in Obamacare and the effort to bring better healthcare to millions of Americans can cause your demise. Today many people have coverage with a deductible so high that they are afraid to use it. In some ways this is akin to having no coverage at all and this poses a massive problem.

Ironically someone paying very little because of Obamacare will rush to the emergency room when they get the flu while many people responsible for their own bills hang back in fear they will take a financial beating. If you are at a loss as to how Obamacare can take a life you find a a real life story below titled. "Obamacare Can Kill You." I know because I drove the person to the hospital. It is also a warning of the danger many of us face.

bullshit

No, they expect HIM to sue to get the money out of the other driver's insurance company.

He is independent and distrusts both parties, so this isn't about trying to take sides and make one look bad politically.

The driver was a Pakistani woman wearing a Burqa so she couldn't see and drove through a red light.
When her family arrived at the scene, they tried to get her in the other car and drive away.
When my friend signaled to the police that the driver was trying to flee the scene,
the police tried to stop them, but the family started taking cell phone pictures and threatened

The police tried to assure my friend that the report would undoubtedly be filed as the other driver's fault.
But the delays in getting the report in, and the delays getting a claim number for the insurance,

What I can't believe is not only does he have a car accident insurance claim to deal with,
but because the family is Pakistani, then a whole bunch of other issues got dragged in as well.

smooth this over to avoid court. I think they should all be happy no one got killed.

She hit him on both sides, first the passenger side, then the cars twisted around and
she hit him again on the driver side. So he got pretty banged up, and has had 2-3
incidents where he has collapsed while walking, so maybe a concussion or other internal type injury.

ogibillm
if that would help pay the medical bills without having to go through a long drawn out lawsuit.

I'll make a 5 million dollar bet that I'm quoting my friend and what he said he is going through.
so if you make this bet, when you lose then the 5 million will pay for his medical bills,
and I will use the rest to pay for health share memberships for people who don't believe

so much bullshit

bullshit

ogibillm

so much bullshit

That's what HE'S SAYING!!!

Is the claim here that this is because of Obamacare ?

I think he's saying it's the problem with insurance in general
No guarantee they will pay
And the cost of catscans are so exhorbitant, like 3000.00 up front,
the service providers won't even schedule it
if it's one of the insurance co that will take a year to pay
They can't afford to foot the costs in the meantime
and neither can my friend, but he has little choice.
The window to get the injuries documented has to be done ASAP
so it's faster if he just covers it.

I will check with him why his insurance isn't doing the suing
and why it has to be him. Maybe they don't want to mess with it either.

When I got hit in a private parking lot and the police wouldn't issue a police report
my insurance wouldn't touch it either. They counted it as my fault, even though the photos showed the other car
had backed into my passenger side.
If I wanted something covered it would have to be under my policy, so I paid it out of pocket instead of making a claim.

bullshit

ogibillm

so much bullshit

yes, he's saying a bunch of bullshit and you're repeating it.

bullshit

ogibillm

so much bullshit

I don't know why you would say that.
Why would he WANT to have to pay for this with his insurance?
Of course he wouldn't lie about that and want to take on this headache?
What motivation would he have?

If you think he is trying to make some political statement,
he's MORE CONCERNED WITH GETTING HIS DOCTOR'S APPTS
AND MEDICAL ISSUES COVERED.

WHY WOULD HE MAKE SOME HASSLE OUT OF NOTHING
TO MAKE A POLITICAL STATEMENT THAT ISN'T GOING TO PAY HIS BILLS.

ogibillm

so much bullshit

the most likely answer is he doesn't exist. second, his entire story might be bullshit.

you're saying that as a result of a car accident he needs a CAT scan but his hospital won't do it because although they accept his insurance policy they think thry might not be paid for some time so they just won't schedule him.

and you want us to believe that even with a police report naming the other driver at fault his insurance company is not pursuing the other driver's insurance, that they'd rather pay for the costs.

and you want us to believe that even though the other driver ran a light the police almost let her leave and was then so intimidated that he didn't file his report for days.

do you see why this doesnt make sense?

ogibillm I checked with my friend why his insurance company isn't suing the other one.
He said they ĂRE suing for the CAR claim only. State Farm is suing Liberty Mutual for that.

For the medical bills, he was told by all these sources he would have to get a Personal Injury Lawyer
and sue to get that covered.

My friend does not have time to waste on any lawsuits or medical hassles, etc.
If there were any easier way to get the claim paid for OF COURSE HE WOULD DO IT.

I guess you are so used to be lied to all the time, you think everyone is lying.
Very sad. We have free speech and free press, but if we don't even believe what each other is saying
then might as well live in China where everything is propaganda controlled by the govt.

ogibillm

so much bullshit

the most likely answer is he doesn't exist. second, his entire story might be bullshit.

you're saying that as a result of a car accident he needs a CAT scan but his hospital won't do it because although they accept his insurance policy they think thry might not be paid for some time so they just won't schedule him.

and you want us to believe that even with a police report naming the other driver at fault his insurance company is not pursuing the other driver's insurance, that they'd rather pay for the costs.

and you want us to believe that even though the other driver ran a light the police almost let her leave and was then so intimidated that he didn't file his report for days.

No, NOBODY is paying for those catscan costs. If he wants it done HE has to pay for it and then sue for it after the fact.
That's why there's no motivation to go through the expense, and he has to deal with that on his own.

Now, for the CAR, YES the insurance company is suing the other one.
His limit is 2500 and the damage is much greater and they can go after the driver and the other insurance company for that.

ogibillm I checked with my friend why his insurance company isn't suing the other one.
He said they ĂRE suing for the CAR claim only. State Farm is suing Liberty Mutual for that.

For the medical bills, he was told by all these sources he would have to get a Personal Injury Lawyer

If there were any easier way to get the claim paid for OF COURSE HE WOULD DO IT.

I guess you are so used to be lied to all the time, you think everyone is lying.
Very sad. We have free speech and free press, but if we don't even believe what each other is saying
then might as well live in China where everything is propaganda controlled by the govt.
his medical insurer will sue the driver's auto insurance. they don't want to pay either.

and what on earth do the insurance exchanges have to do with anything?

so much bullshit

No, NOBODY is paying for those catscan costs. If he wants it done HE has to pay for it and then sue for it after the fact.
That's why there's no motivation to go through the expense, and he has to deal with that on his own.

His limit is 2500 and the damage is much greater and they can go after the driver and the other insurance company for that.
so he's electing to have them done, they haven't been ordered by a doctor?

ogibillm

so much bullshit

the delay was getting the claim number because he wasn't able to contact the driver directly
who was being hostile and evasive and not cooperative.

There's always a delay in getting the police report, because you are at the mercy of the officer to turn it in and what they write on it.
You have no control over how and when that's done. That's typical.

so he's electing to have them done, they haven't been ordered by a doctor?

He couldn't even go see a doctor for 12 days because he didn't have a claim number.
By then, he was reporting 3 incidents where he collapsed.
So at that point, yes, of course I WOULD ASSUME any professional he consulted would recommend catscans.

But as for the catscan providers, they only agreed to schedule it if he put it on his insurance.

Now ogibillm maybe you are saying the catscan people are Bullshitting him
and just saying that to get the better insurance to pay. Maybe they are hardballing him
because they dont really want to take the other insurance so they are just saying they won't.

That's like telling people no we only take cash up front because that's how they prefer to get paid.
Could be.

From what I understand, a lot of private doctors close to retiring opted to retire early to get out
from under whatever paperwork was coming with this insurance reform.

Maybe this is another field where the service providers are picky about what they will accept.

My friend is not very creative, has zero imagination, and is only straightforward business.
He would not be able to make this up. He has no reason to as he has no time or desire to mess with such a huge headache.

his medical insurer will sue the driver's auto insurance. they don't want to pay either.

and what on earth do the insurance exchanges have to do with anything?

1. the majority of the burden is on HIM to pay.

2. the only thing he said about the insurance exchanges is that the same way the
catscan providers won't accept private insurance that takes a year to pay, they
won't accept insurance under the federal exchanges for the same reason -- they can't
afford to foot the costs while waiting to get paid. That's what he said.

I've seen signs from other places that post publicly they won't accept federal insurance under the exchanges.

As for me, I believe the systems of health care should be optional.
If you agree to accept benefits under those terms, of course, you need to comply.
But if you don't agree to be under that system,
what business does the govt have FORCING anyone to be under it?

That's the part I find problematic, that will not be resolved.
Better to set up separate systems people do agree to support and leave it to free choice.

Only if people incur debts or damages, commit a crime or abuse/violation and owe restitution,
then mandates can be required of someone. But not if no crime or violation was committed.

using someone's baseless opinion piece on some rightwingnut blog isn't proof of anything.

but thanks for the nonsense.

Forum List

Back