Obamacare Can Kill You

AdvancingTime

Feb 8, 2015
It is interesting how real life can bring truth front and center exposing flaws in policy. One such flaw in Obamacare and the effort to bring better healthcare to millions of Americans can cause your demise. Today many people have coverage with a deductible so high that they are afraid to use it. In some ways this is akin to having no coverage at all and this poses a massive problem.

Ironically someone paying very little because of Obamacare will rush to the emergency room when they get the flu while many people responsible for their own bills hang back in fear they will take a financial beating. If you are at a loss as to how Obamacare can take a life you find a a real life story below titled. "Obamacare Can Kill You." I know because I drove the person to the hospital. It is also a warning of the danger many of us face.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2016/01/obamacare-can-kill-you.html

It is interesting how real life can bring truth front and center exposing flaws in policy. One such flaw in Obamacare and the effort to bring better healthcare to millions of Americans can cause your demise. Today many people have coverage with a deductible so high that they are afraid to use it. In some ways this is akin to having no coverage at all and this poses a massive problem.

Ironically someone paying very little because of Obamacare will rush to the emergency room when they get the flu while many people responsible for their own bills hang back in fear they will take a financial beating. If you are at a loss as to how Obamacare can take a life you find a a real life story below titled. "Obamacare Can Kill You." I know because I drove the person to the hospital. It is also a warning of the danger many of us face.

Friend of mine got hit by a car driven by someone whose insurance company is trying to avoid any responsibility.

He can't get the catscans set up unless he agrees to use his employer insurance where he pays the remainder.
He says the hospitals won't even schedule the catscans as a choice if someone is asking to pay using the other private insurance or federal exchange insurance "because they have a horrible record of refusing to pay."
So they can't afford to even provide catscans under the other insurance, since they won't get paid for a year, if at all.

He is asking why should he pay out of pocket when someone else hit him and their insurance isn't helping?
Where does he begin to sue?

While a basic single payer system may not be ideal, because it would mean healthcare would have to be rationed in someway, if we want to be realist it sure as hell would on average be more fair than what we have today.

Bernie Sanders is offering no deductibles, no copays, everything covered, sunshine, lollipops, the works. That sounds a little more your speed?

While a basic single payer system may not be ideal, because it would mean healthcare would have to be rationed in someway, if we want to be realist it sure as hell would on average be more fair than what we have today.

Bernie Sanders is offering no deductibles, no copays, everything covered, sunshine, lollipops, the works. That sounds a little more your speed?

It would be rationed by how the amount of provisions each district can organize for its own local members.
Similar to how a family is limited by household budget.
or a business limited to what the management can handle coming in and out in terms of AP/AR,
revenue in and expenditures going out, and what size staff can be supervised in proportion to customer demand.

Nothing in your story confirms your claim.

Maybe the OP is on to something. Can we convince those without health care coverage that the coverage is evil and can kill people that have coverage.
It's really a simple message: those that have health care coverage have a problem, they have to go to doctors when ill and so forth and people without health care are free as the breeze.
If it hasn't been done yet. suspect it will be tried.

Friend of mine got hit by a car driven by someone whose insurance company is trying to avoid any responsibility.

He can't get the catscans set up unless he agrees to use his employer insurance where he pays the remainder.
He says the hospitals won't even schedule the catscans as a choice if someone is asking to pay using the other private insurance or federal exchange insurance "because they have a horrible record of refusing to pay."
So they can't afford to even provide catscans under the other insurance, since they won't get paid for a year, if at all.

He is asking why should he pay out of pocket when someone else hit him and their insurance isn't helping?
bullshit

bullshit

What ?

bullshit

What ?
emilynghiem's story is bullshit. it makes no sense and is not likely to be true.

It's kinda funny...
Liberals are all worried about the indigent getting care that they would have received with or without obamacare and it wouldnt have effected them financially because they're all ready dead broke.

Now we have people who actually work for a living and had affordable healthcare before obamacare and now they cant afford to go to the doctors without fear of going broke.

How exactly is this an improvement?

It's kinda funny...
Liberals are all worried about the indigent getting care that they would have received with or without obamacare and it wouldnt have effected them financially because they're all ready dead broke.

Now we have people who actually work for a living and had affordable healthcare before obamacare and now they cant afford to go to the doctors without fear of going broke.

Because (A) those of you lamenting the PPACA seem to think everything was unicorns and lollipops before, and the PPACA was just passed to annoy you and (B) many of the "OMG, people can't afford it!" stories are a function of several factors that often could be avoided if people had more information and fewer of you spreading disinformation.

The anecdote in the OP is tragic, but a function of medical assessment (rare heart conditions often don't "cooperate" on initial assessment). The writer's sarcasm around words like "triage" indicates either a lack of information or a deliberate attempt to steer the narrative toward "Obamacare kills," when the fact is this patient would have been assessed the same way prior to the PPACA, and whether or not there was insurance involved.

The narrative is dishonest, and deadly in its own right, in that uninformed people will read it and say, like my immigrant ancestors, "I ain't going to the hospital. They kill you there."

It's kinda funny...

Because (A) those of you lamenting the PPACA seem to think everything was unicorns and lollipops before, and the PPACA was just passed to annoy you and (B) many of the "OMG, people can't afford it!" stories are a function of several factors that often could be avoided if people had more information and fewer of you spreading disinformation.

The anecdote in the OP is tragic, but a function of medical assessment (rare heart conditions often don't "cooperate" on initial assessment). The writer's sarcasm around words like "triage" indicates either a lack of information or a deliberate attempt to steer the narrative toward "Obamacare kills," when the fact is this patient would have been assessed the same way prior to the PPACA, and whether or not there was insurance involved.

The narrative is dishonest, and deadly in its own right, in that uninformed people will read it and say, like my immigrant ancestors, "I ain't going to the hospital. They kill you there."

The ramblings of a fool....
Obamacare is a disaster for the middle class.
The only people it benefits are the people who are subsidized.
You keep robbing Peter to pay Paul and Peter is going to arm himself and start fighting back.

It's kinda funny...

You keep robbing Peter to pay Paul and Peter is going to arm himself and start fighting back.

Standard screed, summed up by "more gunz!"

It's kinda funny...

It's called human nature.
Something liberals always leave out of the equation when making their insane policies.

It's kinda funny...

It's called human nature.
Something liberals always leave out of the equation when making their insane policies.

Platitudes R Us.

There's a specific topic in this thread. Would you care to discuss it or just spout more platitudes? We can start with whether or not you understand what triage is.

bullshit

What ?
emilynghiem's story is bullshit. it makes no sense and is not likely to be true.

It's anecdotal.

That's all it is. No more....and no less.

bullshit

What ?

It's anecdotal.

That's all it is. No more....and no less.
it's bullshit.

Forum List

Back