Obamacare Architect Ezekiel Emanuel Says You Should Die At Age 75.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hmmmmm Interesting. And he designed Obamacare?

My mom is in her 80's... is it any wonder she's getting crappy treatment?

Why I Hope to Die at 75 - The Atlantic

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

oh please, medical policies have zero chance of ever being based on this man's personal philosophy... :lol:

I am talking about how long I want to live and the kind and amount of health care I will consent to after 75.

ObamaCare and Medicare are going to expand "end of life consultations" for the elderly. Combine that with the inevitable rationing, and no real policy needs to be passed. The system will just work inefficiently enough so that inconvenient people die.

The VA is a pilot program in this regard.

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.
Let the self hating Jew come to my house and try to make me dead...I'll kick his ass all the way to Austin.

Americans rank 26th in the world ..

Women 81 years
Men 76 years

on average

politicians didn't predict squat either, those are just the numbers sans the RW BS.

Live Long and prosper ....

ObamaCare and Medicare are going to expand "end of life consultations" for the elderly. Combine that with the inevitable rationing, and no real policy needs to be passed. The system will just work inefficiently enough so that inconvenient people die.

The VA is a pilot program in this regard.
End of life counseling is to begin in teen years.

I'm truly sorry for anyones medical troubles , lack of care , etc . That being said both my parents are passed away of natural causes . My Mom died at 82 in her sleep and I've often thought to myself that she did very well with 82 years of a good life , excellent medical care and at 82 she left the planet earth . She left about 5 years ago . She had excellent insurance that paid for everything and she wasn't touched by obamacare rules , regulations and all the consternation and anxiety that obamacare is going to bring .

The entire medical field does give less medical care to people over 74. It's been happening before Obamacare and it will get worse under Obamacare.

oh please, medical policies have zero chance of ever being based on this man's personal philosophy... :lol:

I am talking about how long I want to live and the kind and amount of health care I will consent to after 75.

think it depends Misty , old GHW bush [as example] will get anything he needs , probably at taxpayer expense .

more people with access to Dr's will increase the death rate ?

F'n crazy RW's..

same could be said for the obamas , they'll get the best of everything at taxpayer expense even after he leaves the presidency [I bet]] !!

Not really. Emanuel's suggested healthcare reforms were quite different from Obama's.

He called for vouchers, a VAT, and an end to employer-sponsored insurance (which I also believe should go away as it bends the cost curve upward). ObamaCare more firmly entrenched employer-sponsored health insurance. It's a giant labor union boondoggle.

Emanuel is also opposed to the insurance mandate.

His opposition to single payer dates back to his previous efforts to sell the concept of vouchers for private insurance, paid for by a value-added tax, as the ideal model for reform – a proposal he shared with Victor Fuchs. Although he did not get that, tax credits for the purchase of individual “marketplace” plans seem to be close enough for him.

In his previous book, “Healthcare, Guaranteed,” he devotes an entire chapter to single payer. He concludes, “In their zeal, single-payer advocates seem to forget how American institutions and governmental agencies actually operate. They envision superbly efficient, incorruptible bureaucracies capable of rational policy choices. Unfortunately, American governmental agencies do not spontaneously operate this way.” Thus he dismisses single payer with the trite “incompetent government” meme.

Ezekiel Emanuel 8220 Reinventing American Health Care 8221 - PNHP s Official Blog

"Hmmmmm Interesting. And he designed Obamacare?

My mom is in her 80's... is it any wonder she's getting crappy treatment?"

What isn't 'a wonder' is your ignorance of the fact that this is a post hoc fallacy, and that the premise of your thread fails consequently.

There is no 'connection' between the quality of care one's mother is receiving and the ACA, as if the Act 'mandates' that after age 75 the quality of care 'decreases,' such an inference is idiocy.

Hopefully Nazi Eugenicist Zekes wish comes true long before then

Forum List

Back