Obama - Worse than Jimmy Carter?

Is Obama Worse than Jimmy Carter?

• yes

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
I used to think Jimmy Carter was the worst Prseident we've had in the last hundred years. He has been replaced by the Marxist Obama. Hopefully, he will be a one-term President...or he'll be impeached before the end of his first term.

What a pompous, incompetent ass we have elected.

I voted "no" but it's really more of a "not yet". Carter got the job with the country in a bad spot and made things much worse and fast. Yeah, Obama's on the same road (including a freckless foreign policy of looming disasters) but "the One" has not been on the road long enough jut yet.

Let's not forget the time left can go in many directions. America's lurch to the center-right, the coming Democrat loses and the Tea Party type atmosphere could very well save President Obama by forcing him at least to the center-left. I still see him as a one term wonder (small shot at two but not consecutive) but we may yet be saved a Carteresq Big Fail.

/two cents

what do you think?

Yep, he's worse than Carter. At least Jimmy Carter had some integrity and TRIED to do some of the right things for the country, President Obama on the other hand has zero integrity and doesn't even appear to care what the right things are for the country, he's only interested in advancing his progressive agenda.

Not too sure why you are comparing him to Carter. The worst president in my life time (born during LBJ) is Bush II by quite a considerable margin...followed by Raygun....

How many people died under Johnson vs how many died under Bush? Oh that's right. Johnson was a democrat. He can kill as many people as he wants.[/QUOTE

No one disputes that the deaths during the Johnson Administration were horrible, but no one disputes the fact that the Left was opposed to the Vietnam War. Johnson was opposed by several Democratic Senators as election year 1968 approached and withdrew knowing he would not receive the nomination of the DP.
Support for the war in Vietnam was in decline by the end of 1966 and by the Summer of 1967, as too many young, conscripted Americans had died, and the Domino theory was being questoned not only on our nations campuses but by main stream Americans, the anti-war movement began to grow.
Nixon was elected because Bobby Kennedy was killed (IMHO) and Nixon won promising to end the war ("I have a Plan"). I was on active duty (Navy - 1967-1969) and can tell you
the divide of the nation existed in our forces too.

what do you think?

Yep, he's worse than Carter. At least Jimmy Carter had some integrity and TRIED to do some of the right things for the country, President Obama on the other hand has zero integrity and doesn't even appear to care what the right things are for the country, he's only interested in advancing his progressive agenda.

Your opinion is worthless; though I admit some value in your willingness to expose your ignorance/dishonesty so often.

what do you think?

Your opinion is worthless; though I admit some value in your willingness to expose your ignorance/dishonesty so often.

LOL, thanks, I appreciate your valuable input and will be sure to file it in the appropriate place. :)

I didn't vote for Carter but I respect him.
Carter made a fatal mistake. He took on Tip O'Neal and the north eastern liberals. They black balled him for it and nothing got done. One has to only look at the next convention to see the under handed tactics they did to try and get Teddy as the nominee when Carter won all the primaries.
Obama and Carter? No comparison at all. Totally different Presidents.
Too early to tell. Give it another 2 years.

Carter was a peanut farmer. He had this image of being a nice guy....but in real life he was a elitist jerk. A friend of mine was working in the White House when Carter took over. The difference between him and Gerald Ford was striking. Ford was affable and friendly while Carter was cold and stand-offish.

Anyone who grew up in the South during the post Civil War and pre-civil rights era knows about all of the mean rich white men that beat their wives and treated blacks like slaves. They lived in their big white houses and acted like kings while everyone else suffered beneath them. Carter is a caricature of a typical plantation owner. He was mean...abusive...and treated everyone like they were back in the 1800s.

He was a bad president and he was a elitist snob.

Obama isn't much different only Obama is a commie.

Not too sure why you are comparing him to Carter. The worst president in my life time (born during LBJ) is Bush II by quite a considerable margin...followed by Raygun....

How many people died under Johnson vs how many died under Bush? Oh that's right. Johnson was a democrat. He can kill as many people as he wants.[/QUOTE

No one disputes that the deaths during the Johnson Administration were horrible, but no one disputes the fact that the Left was opposed to the Vietnam War. Johnson was opposed by several Democratic Senators as election year 1968 approached and withdrew knowing he would not receive the nomination of the DP.
Support for the war in Vietnam was in decline by the end of 1966 and by the Summer of 1967, as too many young, conscripted Americans had died, and the Domino theory was being questoned not only on our nations campuses but by main stream Americans, the anti-war movement began to grow.
Nixon was elected because Bobby Kennedy was killed (IMHO) and Nixon won promising to end the war ("I have a Plan"). I was on active duty (Navy - 1967-1969) and can tell you
the divide of the nation existed in our forces too.

I don't think all democrats hold the view that just because Johnson was a democrat, he can kill as many as he wants. I just can't understand why anyone would say bush and reagan were worse than Johnson unless it's because they just hate repubs so much.

Why am I thinking that the majority of people calling Obama the worst President ever not only voted for Bush Jr twice but probably still support him in private. :eusa_think:

Alas, facts like that go by the wayside.

Also, James Buchanan is the worst President ever. Even worse than Bush.

Also, James Buchanan is the worst President ever. Even worse than Bush.

I'm no defender of Buchanan, but no one could have stopped the war from happening. He was lucky it didn't become forced upon him and the country was lucky with Lincoln.

Why am I thinking that the majority of people calling Obama the worst President ever not only voted for Bush Jr twice but probably still support him in private. :eusa_think:

Alas, facts like that go by the wayside.

it's too early to tell if he's the worst. it may be too early until 30 years from now, when many of the files are unsealed. you know, most american history classes taught right now only go up to carter for that very reason.

Last edited:
Way, way too early to tell if he's worse than Carter. I usually judge a president from a year after he got elected until a year after he left office. So Obama's clock started really started to tick in January (roughly). The reason for this is that there is usually too much baggage and policies left over from the previous admin to correctly judge a president based on their first year in office. Usually.

And no way is he even close to the worst president ever....yet (hey, he's still got three years).

Reagan and both Bushes are by far the worst. Bush Sr. coined the term Voo Doo Economics for Reagan's trickle down theory, yet they all three used it.

I'm no defender of Buchanan, but no one could have stopped the war from happening. He was lucky it didn't become forced upon him and the country was lucky with Lincoln.

Well not stopping the civil war isn't the only reason he was a crap President.

Reagan and both Bushes are by far the worst. Bush Sr. coined the term Voo Doo Economics for Reagan's trickle down theory, yet they all three used it.

2zdtx5s.jpg

USS Ronald Reagan

bds7x2.jpg

2qid7ph.jpg

USS Clinton

zkr2mt.jpg

USS Obama abandoned est cost over runs 100 trillion​

Forum List

Back