Obama - Worse than Jimmy Carter?

Is Obama Worse than Jimmy Carter?

• yes

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't think all democrats hold the view that just because Johnson was a democrat, he can kill as many as he wants. I just can't understand why anyone would say bush and reagan were worse than Johnson unless it's because they just hate repubs so much.

Honestly Elvis, anybody who saw any worth in Bush II as a president needs their head read. And if they think that Carter or Obama are worse than him, then they just hate Dems so much (IMO)...

I always thought Raygun was way in over his head, and I still remember how the rest of the world, and a great deal of Americans, couldn't stand him. What I find annoying (because it seems to happen so often in US politics -especially on this board with regard to Carter) is revisionism. Raygun was a shocker of a president who took credit for things he had nothign to do with.

People also tend to forget that the whole world was in the shitter in the late 70s due to Opec and the oil crisis and its knock-on affect. I lived in England at the time and unemployment hit a massive 3 million - there were strikes all over the place. Carter was a person of his time and had fuck-all to do with the economy back then, but he paid the price - and somehow revisionist history shows a guy who probably had Alzheimers in the latter part of his presidency as some stand up guy who people admire. He was an average president at best....

Fact remains that President Carter gave the Islamic extremists their first State. Just sat back and allowed them to take it. He had the chance to prevent it and decided not to intervene. And yes I understand that the Shaw was a real asshole, but better than what we have gone through these past 20 years or so.

what do you think?

I think that he is worse, I remember Jimmy Carter, we are still having a party now that he is gone. Obama although smart, is not a leader. Carter has a slightly higher IQ and was not a leader either.

Obama's biggest mistake was to turn over EVERYTHING TO PELOSI AND REID expecting that things would just fall into place without his hands on management of things. That did not happen. He turned over the trails of terrorists to Eric Holder giving him complete discretion on how to handle things, again he is in big trouble over all of this.

You have to lead to be a great leader and although people think that Obama is very intelligent it appears that that alone does not guarantee great leadership qualities, in fact, quite the opposite, it may hinder leadership qualities. Carter is just another example of that.

Fact remains that President Carter gave the Islamic extremists their first State. Just sat back and allowed them to take it. He had the chance to prevent it and decided not to intervene. And yes I understand that the Shaw was a real asshole, but better than what we have gone through these past 20 years or so.

Most of the civilians over there are wishing they had the Shaw back about now, they were certainly more westernized and had a whole lot more freedom.

ya5.jpg

obama-aipac.jpg

It is none of America's business what kind of state Iran has. It is up to Iran and Iran alone. Maybe Carter knew this...

what do you think?

My husband told me the other night Jimmah Cater was a nuclear physicist. I said, you gotta me sh**ing me. :(

He has a graduate degree in Nuclear Physics, however as far as I know he's never worked in the field, unless of course you consider being an engineering officer on a nuclear submarine "working in the field". That being said there's no question that he's a highly intelligent individual.

what do you think?

My husband told me the other night Jimmah Cater was a nuclear physicist. I said, you gotta me sh**ing me. :(

He has a graduate degree in Nuclear Physics, however as far as I know he's never worked in the field, unless of course you consider being an engineering officer on a nuclear submarine "working in the field". That being said there's no question that he's a highly intelligent individual.

Yes,, and he friends with the Pal. terrorists!

Being highly intelligent and having good judgement are not the same things. And both Carter and Obama fall into that dismal category of "smart but stupid."

Its hard to compare because they are so different.
But Carter got his butt kicked by the Soviets in Afghanistan, leading to our still beign involved in that hell hole. His economic policies were horrible. His energy policies were horrible. He is one of the few presidents voted out of office.
Obama is getting his butt kicked by al Qaeda, the Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, and anyone else to whom he has opened his hand in friendship. He is pissing off the British, the French, the Poles, the Czechs, and just about anyone else who was on our side. He has let the leftists in Congress dictate his bills and has never taken responsibility or the lead on any of it, despite claiming to.
He is mendacious, arrogant, and doesnt know what he doesnt know. And his lack of experience shows every single day. He has surrounded himself with yes-men.
While I agree it is hard to compare one year in a presidency to 4 years, Obama is well on track to be the worst president ever. And that includes Harding.

This is pretty much on the mark for comparisons, ahead of its time:

Barack Obama and The Parallel to Jimmy Carter | Chicago Daily Observer

Barack Obama and The Parallel to Jimmy Carter
JIM MERRINER 24 MARCH 2009

Throughout the presidential campaign until now, well into President Obama’s first 100 days, I have been waiting for some pundit to explain how Obama is like Jimmy Carter. Nobody has, so I guess the job falls to me.

As political editor of the Atlanta Constitution, I covered Carter as governor of Georgia and as president. He was a calculating, dissembling politician who pretended to be something else.

As a freelance writer, I covered Obama as a U.S. senator and presidential candidate. He was a calculating, dissembling politician who pretended to be something else.

Both men seemed to have the mean streak that lies, however well hidden, in the spleen of every great leader. It’s forgotten now, but the governor that Carter replaced was the ax-handle-brandishing, red-faced segregationist fool, Lester Maddox. On his first week on the job, Carter drove to the Georgia Capitol with his top adviser. The adviser said he hated how they would spend the day firing all the Maddox holdovers in state government, throwing them out of work with families to support and all. Carter bared his teeth and said, “I can’t wait.”

After he was elected to the U.S. Senate, Obama tried to put his pal Will Burns in his old Illinois Senate seat. The local Democratic committeemen, who did not especially like Obama, balked and named Sen. Kwame Raoul instead. Afterward, Obama could hardly bring himself to speak civilly to Raoul.

Both men ran against the evil Washington establishment. Once elected, Carter filled his cabinet will luminaries of that establishment, guys like Cyrus Vance at State.

Once elected, Obama filled his cabinet with luminaries of that establishment, gals like Hillary Clinton at State.

WOW this is close, since we are 30 years removed from The Carter Disaster, the nod goes to Obama, the really scary part is he will probably make Carter look good.....:tomato::tomato::tomato:

LOL @ the RW Neo-Con lunatics on this board.

No one is worse than Baby Bush...NO. ONE!! Period.

Baby Bush brought all these damn problems to Obama's doorstep in the first case.

Case closed.

You nutjobs really crack me up.

ROTFLMWIAO!!!!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Case closed.

ROTFLMWIAO!!!!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Polls show otherwise. Obama has the lowest numbers in the first year than any other President. He has failed as President and the American Public has lost confidence in him. He really after all is just a Usurper. None of his policies or bills signed into law are valid.

Last edited:
LOL @ the RW Neo-Con lunatics on this board.

Baby Bush brought all these damn problems to Obama's doorstep in the first case.

Case closed.

You nutjobs really crack me up.

ROTFLMWIAO!!!!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Hmm, lets see.
Record low inflation. Record low unemployment. Zero terrorist attacks. No intern scandals. Two wars succesfully fought despite public opposition.
Yeah, a real failure. I want more failures like him.

Forum List

Back